Previous   Next

Who do you think has been the best player on KU’s basketball team this year?

Asked at Jefferson's Restaurant, 743 Mass. on February 24, 2008

Browse the archives

“I’m going to have to say Darnell Jackson. He has really stepped up as one of our big guys. He’s reliable on offense and defense and makes things happen when needed.”

“From what I’ve been seeing lately, it’s probably Russell Robinson, because of his consistency and unselfish playing.”

“Darrell Arthur; that is, if he can stay out of foul trouble. Chalmers is a close second though, because of his defense and clutch shooting.”

“Obviously, it’s Darnell. He seems to have the biggest spark for the team.”

Comments

AlligatorMama 6 years, 1 month ago

I'd have to say Darnell Jackson...he brings a little spark to the team. What an improvement from last season! I liked him last year but this year he's so much fun to watch! And honestly I really like Cole Aldrich I'm excited to see what he can do the more improved he gets. Yeah he makes some freshman mistakes, but seriously he's got talent! A little more polishing and he'll be one of the best in the conference.

kawryan 6 years, 1 month ago

"jimjones"

Sit down and have some Kool-Aid.

blahblahblah 6 years, 1 month ago

Connor Teahan. As of a few games ago, he had scored 43 points in 53 minutes. Who else has done that???

a2thek 6 years, 1 month ago

Darnell most improved by far and probably the 2nd best on the team in my opinion. I think hands down with the exception of the last couple of losses Mario is the best in my mind. Seeing him fly through the air and take off and dunk from far out seems to me to be a major example of what some of our big guys should be doing. Take note.

mom_of_three 6 years, 1 month ago

BUT I also like the entire team. Just like the experts say - anyone on any day could be the leading scorer for this team. We play as a team, and not two players who score 70+ points and still lose.
I do really like this entire team....but Darnell is probably my fave this year, and Chalmers, and Sparkplug, er, Collins.

mom_of_three 6 years, 1 month ago

Darnell is the most improved and probably the most consistent so far this year. Don't know if he is the best player, but he is one of the best examples of a Kansas Jayhawk

Mylantahawk 6 years, 1 month ago

Darnell Jackson's the heart and soul of this team, a leader who's not the best athlete on the team, but shows up to play every game.

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years, 1 month ago

The whole team. basketball is a team sport so the whole team.

jimjones 6 years, 1 month ago

Well, we know Bill won't win Big 12 Coach of the Year. I think he be a good replacement for Kelvin Sampson at Indiana. He's over his head at Kansas.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 1 month ago

Bacon... Should you use a bacon press or not?

nobody1793 6 years, 1 month ago

Kleinmann. Every time he plays, we win in a blowout! Think about it people!

kujayhawk 6 years, 1 month ago

Apparently Gina hasn't seen many games lately.

opjhawk 6 years, 1 month ago

Hands down, Darnell Jackson

jonas 6 years, 1 month ago

Probably a bad day to ask this question. I'll say Darnell Jackson, for his play on the court and his handling of his life off of it.