Previous   Next

Who do you think has been the best player on KU’s basketball team this year?

Asked at Jefferson's Restaurant, 743 Mass. on February 24, 2008

Browse the archives

“I’m going to have to say Darnell Jackson. He has really stepped up as one of our big guys. He’s reliable on offense and defense and makes things happen when needed.”

“From what I’ve been seeing lately, it’s probably Russell Robinson, because of his consistency and unselfish playing.”

“Darrell Arthur; that is, if he can stay out of foul trouble. Chalmers is a close second though, because of his defense and clutch shooting.”

“Obviously, it’s Darnell. He seems to have the biggest spark for the team.”

Comments

jonas 7 years, 3 months ago

Probably a bad day to ask this question. I'll say Darnell Jackson, for his play on the court and his handling of his life off of it.

kujayhawk 7 years, 3 months ago

Apparently Gina hasn't seen many games lately.

nobody1793 7 years, 3 months ago

Kleinmann. Every time he plays, we win in a blowout! Think about it people!

Christine Pennewell Davis 7 years, 3 months ago

The whole team. basketball is a team sport so the whole team.

Mylantahawk 7 years, 3 months ago

Darnell Jackson's the heart and soul of this team, a leader who's not the best athlete on the team, but shows up to play every game.

mom_of_three 7 years, 3 months ago

Darnell is the most improved and probably the most consistent so far this year. Don't know if he is the best player, but he is one of the best examples of a Kansas Jayhawk

mom_of_three 7 years, 3 months ago

BUT I also like the entire team. Just like the experts say - anyone on any day could be the leading scorer for this team. We play as a team, and not two players who score 70+ points and still lose.
I do really like this entire team....but Darnell is probably my fave this year, and Chalmers, and Sparkplug, er, Collins.

a2thek 7 years, 3 months ago

Darnell most improved by far and probably the 2nd best on the team in my opinion. I think hands down with the exception of the last couple of losses Mario is the best in my mind. Seeing him fly through the air and take off and dunk from far out seems to me to be a major example of what some of our big guys should be doing. Take note.

blahblahblah 7 years, 3 months ago

Connor Teahan. As of a few games ago, he had scored 43 points in 53 minutes. Who else has done that???

Kaw Pickinton 7 years, 3 months ago

"jimjones"

Sit down and have some Kool-Aid.

AlligatorMama 7 years, 3 months ago

I'd have to say Darnell Jackson...he brings a little spark to the team. What an improvement from last season! I liked him last year but this year he's so much fun to watch! And honestly I really like Cole Aldrich I'm excited to see what he can do the more improved he gets. Yeah he makes some freshman mistakes, but seriously he's got talent! A little more polishing and he'll be one of the best in the conference.