Previous   Next

What movie do you think should win for best picture in 2007?

Asked at Borders, 700 N.H. on February 22, 2008

Browse the archives

“I think ‘Atonement’ should win. It’s an awesome love story that’s really truthful about the way things work out. It hurts your soul, but it’s so good.”

“I think ‘No Country for Old Men’ is going to win, but I think ‘Atonement’ should win. It won’t because it didn’t get a nomination for best director or best actor, and it seems like British films are on the outs with the academy.”

“I’ve only seen one of the movies nominated. It’s really the only one I would go see, and that’s ‘Juno.’ It’s nice to see something that’s more original and more about the younger experience nominated, so I hope it wins.”

Atonement.’ I like the romance and the historical period, and it’s poignant that one person’s actions so dramatically alter the lives of other people.”

Comments

unklemonkey 6 years, 10 months ago

Something I can actually watch and be entertained in the process, like Juno. Atonement? Seriously? BORING!

jonas 6 years, 10 months ago

I'm with R-I. Didn't make it to the movies much this last year.

jonas 6 years, 10 months ago

Sorry, Christmas Carol, but Spiderman III was absolutely terrible.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 10 months ago

Why should I care? The awards Hollywood bestows upon itself are relevant only to Hollywood. I live in the real world.

jonas 6 years, 10 months ago

Did anyone mention Gore, Right-thinker, or are you just being paranoid again? You should be cautious, you might make Lulu take over again.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 10 months ago

I'm with those that didn't see any of the movies in question and I'm with jonas in that I think Spidey 3 was absolutely terrible.

ChristmasC, VDay was last week...but thanks for the sentiment. R_T, Gore's movie was 2006.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 10 months ago

Any movie with a monkey or a penguin gets my vote.

TtownKUlivin 6 years, 10 months ago

The ending to No Country for Old Men was brilliant. I would like to call it 'cinematic poetry'. I forget the name, but the man in the wheel chair is the key character. When Tommy Lee goes to talk to him, the ending becomes very clear, don't worry it took me a couple viewings of the movie to catch it as well. It seems so complicated, yet it's at the tip of your nose. Great Movie and it should/will win!

dajudge 6 years, 10 months ago

I call it a kaiser blade, some call it a slingblade. I like how you talk. Give me some of them french fried taters. What? no Oscar? I quit watching.

Ceallach 6 years, 10 months ago

I'm sure there must be something in the world that I care less about than what movie will win the best film oscar. Hmm, no I take that back, there is nothing.

Haiku_Cuckoo 6 years, 10 months ago

Juno was way overrated and certainly isn't worthy of a Best Picture award. If anything, Jennifer Garner deserved a best supporting actress nod, even though I never cared for her any of her work previously.

Richard Heckler 6 years, 10 months ago

Why does there need to be only one best movie when often there are several.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 10 months ago

Merriam Webster says: "best ( adj, superlative of good) excelling all others" In the end, there can be only one.

labmonkey 6 years, 10 months ago

Logic- good movie....but I think it would technically be last year. Makes you want to go to Fuddruckers.

The Peterbuilt Semi that played Optimus Prime should win best actor.

I tend to agree with my dad's take on Hollywood.... in 2002, they were talking about all the security surrounding the Oscars due to 9/11. I looked over at dad and jokingly asked him "you wouldn't shed a tear if the terrorists dove a plane into the Oscars." Dad's reply.... "They wouldn't need a plane....just a can of cockroach spray." (He has referred to Hollywood as cockroaches for years now).

Gareth Skarka 6 years, 10 months ago

So, I guess since all you redneck yokels hate the "cockroaches" who don't live in the "real world", but instead live in "Hollywierd" --- I guess that you're going to stop watching TV and Movies, then?

Of course not -- the flyover states talk a big game, but end up being the consumer sheep that we all know they are.

labmonkey 6 years, 10 months ago

RI.... At the very least, top 10.

Gareth- How does that Film Actor's Guild from Team America treat you?