Previous   Next

Have you ever seen a lunar eclipse?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on February 19, 2008

Browse the archives

“Yes. I was in the second grade, so that would’ve been around 1990. We lived in a small town, and my parents got me out of bed and drove to the next town to get ice cream at the Dairy Queen and watch it.”

“I have. It was a few years ago, and I was living in California at the time. I remember it was very subtle. You couldn’t see a line or shape moving across the surface, just a different colored shadow being cast on it.”

“I know I’ve seen a solar eclipse, but I’m not sure if I’ve seen a lunar one or not.”

“I have. It was when I was living in Springfield, Missouri, a while ago. I just happened to be outside and looked up while it was happening.”

Comments

Frederic Gutknecht IV 6 years, 10 months ago

Wasn't there one last fall? It seems I stumbled out of bed last fall and set up chairs in the street to watch one.

canyon_wren 6 years, 10 months ago

Yes. I was hiking with my daughter and a niece to Delicate Arch in Arches National Park, on a full moon night in June, 1992. We had decided not to take flashlights, since the moon would be full, not knowing that there would be a lunar eclipse that night! We had to hunker down and wait for the eclipse to wind up before we could finish coming down the trail--and even then, there were clouds mostly obscuring the moon the rest of the night! It was a slow trip back.

jonas 6 years, 10 months ago

. . . . there was that time the truck drove between me and your butt.

jonas 6 years, 10 months ago

Whoops. Point and match conceded to R-I. Disengage. Repeat: Disengage.

Mkh 6 years, 10 months ago

"All that you touch All that you see All that you taste All you feel. All that you love All that you hate All you distrust All you save. All that you give All that you deal All that you buy, beg, borrow or steal. All you create All you destroy All that you do All that you say. All that you eat And everyone you meet All that you slight And everyone you fight. All that is now All that is gone All that's to come and everything under the sun is in tune but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

dajudge 6 years, 10 months ago

I bought a flower from one of the "Moonies" once.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 10 months ago

Any day the word "lemur" appears in the OTS thread is a good day.