Previous   Next

What are you doing to enjoy your snow day?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on February 7, 2008

Browse the archives

“One thing is that I got to sleep in for a change, and I’m going to go sledding later this afternoon.”

“I’m actually out searching for supplies for a school project. I didn’t have class anyway, so it’s not really a snow day for me.”

“I woke up for a class at 8 and found out I didn’t have to go, so I went back to sleep. Other than that, I’ve just been walking around enjoying the day.”

“No classes, but I had to be at work at 6 a.m. anyway. But I got to go out for lunch, come downtown and walk around and do some window shopping.”

Comments

kneejerkreaction 6 years, 2 months ago

um.......are there children under 16 reading this blog....?

mom_of_three 6 years, 2 months ago

after i found out work and school were cancelled, I went back to bed.
When I decided to crawl out of bed, i played computer poker for a while, watched tv, and finally ventured out to the store after 5:00.
I pretty much wasted the whole day.
when can we have another snow day?

jhawkbrian815 6 years, 2 months ago

i don't get a snow day...i live in phoenix

inmate 6 years, 2 months ago

Did some reading. played my favorite board game, used my digital camera, watched my favorite superbowl commercial, drank my favorite coffee drink

sunflower_sue 6 years, 2 months ago

Lemme see, Did some baking. Got a wild idea to pull out the fridge and clean "the space that one dares not go." Forced my endentured servant to do some laundry. Broke up a squabble over computer usage. Played chauffer in the evening. Ate cookies.

milkman_dan 6 years, 2 months ago

"You've got to start in the morning, if you want to drink all day"

acg 6 years, 2 months ago

I cleaned and washed laundry and vacuumed ceiling fans and cobwebs. Then my kid and I built his pinewood derby car for scouts. We made muffins and a big fried chicken dinner and went sledding. Then we lost a gerbil in the house and spent the better part of two hours looking for it. Then after the kids went to bed we watched a awful, campy horror movie and went to sleep. Yay for snow days.

prospector 6 years, 2 months ago

Pondering

A virgin birth in Wichita?

"...The dragons are one of the few species capable of storing sperm.

That's fairly unlikely because the zoo has had this female and one other since 1993, when they were less than a year old. They have been laying eggs since 2000.

"We never had a male dragon at the zoo. There were no tramps that came wandering through," said Nate Nelson, the zoo's curator of amphibians, reptiles and fishes...."

I loved what the curator said.

Ah, but no one knows what a noodlely appendage is capable of.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 2 months ago

My snow day was last night, when the hockey game I was supposed to photograph got canceled. I didn't really do anything out of the ordinary.

The_Original_Bob 6 years, 2 months ago

Ol Steven Van Hulle looks like he is really enjoying his day.

Tom Shewmon 6 years, 2 months ago

Slipping in the driveway and spraining my left wrist. Parking my wifes car about 100 yards from the house so I can be sure to get out. Micro-managing my two dogs all day long. Cancelling any unneccessary trips to go anywhere to do anything. Shoveling snow. Shoveling snow. Chipping ice. Chipping Ice. Daydreaming about strapping a tank on and checking out a coral reef in the Caribbean. Eating too much.

RonBurgandy 6 years, 2 months ago

Xavier looks like he is about to kick the camera man's patooty.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 2 months ago

Disclosure of that information would be a violation of my personal intellectual property rights.

ohjayhawk 6 years, 2 months ago

I spent my day wishing I had a snow day. Although, if all the rain we received had been snow, we would be have been digging out until March.

blue73harley 6 years, 2 months ago

Well, my day was spent working and pondering the origins of the barista on OTS.