Previous   Next

Does your wardrobe need a makeover?

Asked at 31st and Iowa streets on December 29, 2008

Browse the archives

“Yes, it does, and could you tell my husband before Christmas?”

“Yes, it does, because I don’t throw anything away.”

“Yes, because it shrunk.”

Comments

sunflower_sue 6 years, 8 months ago

Autie, in answer to your question: Because it's ugly, grubby, out of style, and usually 2 sizes too small.My wardrobe is in constant need of a makeover. Does answering today's question put me in a drawing for a gift certificate or something?

schula 6 years, 8 months ago

That would be great to be in a drawing for a gift certificate or something. I would like What Not to Wear to come visit me but not make me throw away all my clothes!

BuffyloGal 6 years, 8 months ago

If you check out the Fashion Forward article today you can get some ideas. They all seem silly to me though. Classic styles never go out of fashion so a bit extra spent initially can have a huge impact later on. I still have a beautiful navy blue cable-knit sweater from the late 80s that I pull out a few times a year. It's warm and not a dated item so it works just fine and has for 20 years.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 8 months ago

I'm expecting my resolution makeover to require a new wardrobe.

jonas_opines 6 years, 8 months ago

"Asked at 31st and Iowa streets on December 29, 2008" ljworld“Yes, it does, and could you tell my husband before Christmas?”— Jenny Brown, freelance writer, LawrenceWhat's going on here?

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 8 months ago

Not where I live and breathe, autie... denim and chambray, all the way.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 8 months ago

I'm becoming alarmed at the extreme pointy nature of women's footwear these days.

hawklet21 6 years, 8 months ago

Yes!!!! Women's clothes are ridiculously expensive, especially those damn pointy shoes...

trinity 6 years, 8 months ago

does my wardrobe need a makeover-hah! indeed it does! as long as i don't get mixed up&wear any of my collection of Harley shirts to work, OR wear a power suit&pumps while riding, i should be ok for oh, another 30 years. :)

sgtwolverine 6 years, 8 months ago

No. Jeans and t-shirts are permanently in style.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 8 months ago

,;-DOK, autie... now we depart.( tho I have some camo folding chairs that can't be beat )

schula 6 years, 8 months ago

Multi -- makes my heart go pitter pat just thinking about it!

Chrissy Neibarger 6 years, 8 months ago

I wish i'd saved some of my clothes from years ago, can't guarantee i'd still fit in them, but i'm sure they'd be back in style. Thank Gawd that parachute pants and neon clothes haven't made it back yet..

Deja Coffin 6 years, 8 months ago

I LOVE Sammie's response!! So cute! I desperately need a make-over but my kids come first so as long as they look good that's what matters. So while my jeans are kinda old or my shirts a little faded at least I know my girls are dressed nicely. But if anyone ever wanted to give me money just to go buy clothes for myself I wouldn't pass it up. Hint hint, lol

labmonkey 6 years, 8 months ago

Everyone needs to look at the label for American made clothing. Unionlabel.com is a great place to look.

verity 6 years, 8 months ago

I would just like to find jeans that come up to my waistline. Hiphuggers were OK in the sixties when I wasn't, but now they're really obscene. And the low waists make the pockets so small that you can't put anything in them.A few more pairs of jeans that fit would fix my wardrobe just fine.

yoornotmee 6 years, 8 months ago

Right now my wardrobe consists of maternity clothing and my husband's t-shirts. I'm looking forward to getting to wear my pre-pregnancy "me" clothes again. Maternity fashion is not my style at all. It's all made for 30-somethings who work in a professional setting. I'm a 21-year-old housewife who likes to dress comfortable and cute, not sophisticated and professional. Plus maternity clothing is ridiculously overpriced (especially considering how long they'll be worn), so I'm wearing a lot of my sister-in-law's maternity clothes. I appreciate it a bunch, but we have very different styles. /rant