Previous   Next

What was your best/worst Christmas present?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 27, 2008

Browse the archives

“My best Christmas present was a collection of Bible commentaries because it is going to help me follow Christ.”

“My best Christmas present would be a DVD recorder.”

“The best one was a sandwich maker. I use it every day.”

“My worst Christmas present was a bright orange T-shirt pantsuit with a picture of a glitter clown that covered the entire thing. … It was ugly.”

Comments

trinity 6 years, 4 months ago

can't say that i had a "worst"! my loved ones pretty much spoiled me this year! :)

looza 6 years, 4 months ago

I got a dog with only 3 legs one year for Christmas. I named him "Trey". Don't know if that was my best or my worse present. He didn't stick around for long...he ran off. Or should I say he hobbled off. Three to One odds he's living in Florida with an old retired couple.

ms_canada 6 years, 4 months ago

My worst christmas ever was my first year of nurses training. had to work 3-11 shift on Christmas eve. At 11pm someone had a bottle of something or other, I had a wee drink, got drunk, staggered back to the residence, opened my gifts and cried my eyes out. I got 2 pr. of pj's and a dressing gown. How glamorous!!!! Just what I needed. Worst Christmas eve ever. Worst gift. Best gift, an engagement ring from my good man. This year he got me a gold necklace. Things have changed for the better!!!!!! Yeh!!!

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 4 months ago

My best Christmas present ever arrived half a decade ago,was forgotten, and then reappeared, inexplicably, this year.I have yet to open it.

George_Braziller 6 years, 4 months ago

A frisbie - three years in a row - from my Uncle when I was in first, second, and third grades.

dajudge 6 years, 4 months ago

My best gift was a stick. I played and played with that stick until one day, it just whittled away to nothing, and then my worst gift was a different stick. My dad got ahold of it and used it in a wrong way behind the woodshed when he found out I whittled away the other stick.

Kathy Getto 6 years, 4 months ago

The best gift has to be my happiness and health and that of my husband, our children, our aging parents, siblings and their families.

maxcrabb 6 years, 4 months ago

My mom got my dad and I those RC helicopters that shoot lasers. Best gift ever.Of course, my reaction was nowhere close to this kids..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aXrI3...

maxcrabb 6 years, 4 months ago

(I paid my mom back with Mad Men on DVD from AMC TV)Man that is fun to say out loud!

mom_of_three 6 years, 4 months ago

my worst christmas present- my little sister (but I was just 11 months old and wanted a doll. she was a pain forever forward).my best christmas present-my dad gave me a saddle when I was 9. He just had it re-done this year.

rubberband 6 years, 4 months ago

dajudge,Bummer.....What kind of gift giver gives a stick with no rocks?

blkpnthr 6 years, 4 months ago

worst gift: i got terminated this past monday.best gift: 2 pairs of socks from my son

yoornotmee 6 years, 4 months ago

This thread took a weird turn there for a while... That was interesting to read. I never even thought of the communal serving utensils or the communal pens. I think about light switches and hand rails and door knobs though. My best gift(s) this year were four books from my Amazon wishlist. They're books that the library wouldn't order for various reasons (independent publisher, published too long ago, etc). I've been wanting to read them for a while now and I'm excited that I finally get to!

pissedinlawrence 6 years, 4 months ago

This was my worst christmas ever, we have no money.

notajayhawk 6 years, 4 months ago

Best - probably the recent birth of my second child.Worst? Everything else was tied for a distant second.