Previous   Next

Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?

Asked at Seventh and Massachusetts streets on December 25, 2008

Browse the archives

“Christmas Eve — it’s a family tradition.”

“Christmas morning because of the anticipation. It’s more fun to wait.”

“Christmas morning because Santa Claus delivers them Christmas Eve. You don’t have them before then.”

“Christmas morning. It’s just tradition, it’s fun.”

Comments

sunflower_sue 6 years ago

Christmas Eve. So why am I up so blasted early?

spammer89 6 years ago

This year Christmas eve since I'm at freaking work today.

labmonkey 6 years ago

You have to teach the little bastards patience!!! Christmas morning only!!!I wonder how many presents the Professor from yesterday opened today.

notajayhawk 6 years ago

As I mentioned last night, due to concerns related to the impending birth of child number 2 (still trying to firm up that name - somehow referring to the little guy as "Number 2" seems problematic) and our daughter's worries that she was getting shorted on a full day of revelry, we moved the whole holiday to yesterday.

sgtwolverine 6 years ago

When you open presents on Christmas Eve, the terrorists win.

BuffyloGal 6 years ago

R-I - love that movie so the parody was very cute! Nota - Primero used to do the trick, but I went with Irish and Scottish names instead for my two boys. You'll know what to call him when you see him! Good luck! For us it is one on Xmas Eve and then the rest, not before 6 am on Xmas morning. Family tradition stipulates that everyone must be awake and have drunk a glass of oj before any presents can be opened.

Leslie Swearingen 6 years ago

labmonkey, so how come you and the woman didn't get married? For shame, I says, for shame!

Escapee 6 years ago

I think I've got it...all who live in Lawrence must assume the opinions, personalities, and mindset that they had while in college. And they must remain so...forever, and ever, Amen.A little twisted. But not a horrible way to live your life.Merry Christmas to all!

Calliope877 6 years ago

A couple on Christmas Eve, and the rest on Christmas morning.

live_like_u_were_dyin 6 years ago

we open one on christmas eve then the reset on christmas day.

jonas_opines 6 years ago

Hmmm. . . generally the plan has been to spread it over as many days as possible, so we can throw on the 27th, maybe the 31st, and then the third of January. Same as birthdays.

MsMegsy 6 years ago

Our daughter gets to open one present on Christmas Eve, just like I did growing up.Its always the same gift - new pajamas! This makes for great Christmas morning pictures!

nowandthen 6 years ago

we open presents Christmas eve from family, then Christmas morning we go see what Santa brought everyone!