Previous   Next

Have you shoveled your sidewalk?

Asked at Cottin’s Hardware, 1832 Mass. on December 17, 2008

Browse the archives

“I don’t have a sidewalk, but I’ve shoveled my driveway.”

“No I have not. … I have not been home since the sun came up…”

“I have not shoveled it yet, but I have the shovel and salt in my car.”

“Mine and others … a lot of elderly people can’t do it (or can’t afford it ), so we do it for them.”

Related story

Comments

commuter 5 years, 9 months ago

No. It seems to take 3 to 4 days for a snowplow to come by from the City. The county plows the roads next me within a day. I guess if it takes so long for the city, maybe they forgot my and my neighbors houses don't exist. Who do I call to report someone?

hawklet21 5 years, 9 months ago

I don't have to. Apartment living is nice this time of year!

schula 5 years, 9 months ago

I hear you Hawklet! I live in an apartment, too, and it was all shoveled when I got home last night. They even cleaned off all the stairs.

trinity 5 years, 9 months ago

haven't shoveled any snow, but have swept the trailer stairs! :)hawklet whatchu doin' on the ots??? don't you have a paper to write??? :)

Chris Ogle 5 years, 9 months ago

I put my shovel out by the walk yesterday. That lazy thing hasn't even moved. Time for a new one, I guess.

pooter 5 years, 9 months ago

What me shovel? The city hasn't even plowed my street yet and I live one block off of 23rd street.It was reported yesterday that the city wouldn't plow until there was 3 inches of snow on the ground. And the streets weren't plowed. But they sure were out there with the little plows on the sidewalks, while numerous accidents were reported in the city due to snowpacked roads.For a town with a higher learning establishment that was f'n stupid.*

coolmom 5 years, 9 months ago

i warmed up the hubbys truck this morning since i do park in the garage but when its cold some days we send out the teens who are almost ready to drive to turn it on, warm it up and get used to whet that feels like lol. (what? my parents did that to me for a year before i drove lol)

sgtwolverine 5 years, 9 months ago

No ... living in the country has its benefits, one of which is no city sidewalk in my front yard. All I have in my front yard is my front yard.

reanne 5 years, 9 months ago

I personally have not. But my husband has. ;) And he did a really great job, I watched from the window. Hahaha!

jumpin_catfish 5 years, 9 months ago

Good man T.J., no elderly person should ever shovel their sidewalk when there are young folks around who can do it. Someone buy that man a beer. From the forecast the worst is yet to come.

ms_canada 5 years, 9 months ago

jumpin catfish - how elderly are we talkin' here? Would you say 76 is elderly? I always shovel my driveway, front (60 ft.) and back walks. It's good exercise. And we here up north have a lot of snow at times. And when it is really cold, 30*below C. it may take me 3 trips out there. Have to warm up in between. But I gets it done, yes siree.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 9 months ago

reanne, did you at least make him a cup of coffee so he could warm himself up. Should have let the dogs out to tackle him during his hard work.No snow shoveling here but a lot of snow angel making.

leadstone 5 years, 9 months ago

I am currently in the process of removing the snow but it's slow going seeing that it's one snowball at a time.

PapaB 5 years, 9 months ago

I shoveled it last night then the snowplow came down my street and covered it back up.