Previous   Next

Would you ever consider taking a self-defense course?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 14, 2008

Browse the archives

“Yes, I have taken them in the past. … I think it’s a very necessary thing for every woman to start feeling better about her ability to take care of herself.”

“Yes. … You never know what’s going to happen, and you want to be prepared.”

“Yes, sir, I would. … I don’t know how to defend myself when it comes to that time; I’d probably just run.”

“Yes, I would, because I think it’s good to know how to defend yourself, and if anything were to happen, I would want to be safe rather than sorry.”

Comments

labmonkey 5 years, 9 months ago

Cmon man, I need a conceiled-carry license just to wear a long sleeve shirt or to wear gloves. Noone will mess with me ;)

jonas_opines 5 years, 9 months ago

I guess I should, since I don't particularly like guns and they won't let me carry my katana around the town. But whatever, a set of keys as brass-knuckles, go for the side, the groin, or the neck. Or just don't worry about. Never had trouble anywhere I've gone.

jonas_opines 5 years, 9 months ago

prospector: I was born able to move faster than the human eye can follow, since then I've just trained my reaction time.

jumpin_catfish 5 years, 9 months ago

Don't need it, I can hurt ya, hurt ya bad cause I got skills. You know, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills...

jumpin_catfish 5 years, 9 months ago

No need, I just whip out my skills. You know, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills...

jonas_opines 5 years, 9 months ago

Was that a delay from the English dubs?

sgtwolverine 5 years, 9 months ago

I have been taking one. But now my work is conflicting with it, so I haven't been going much recently.

mom_of_three 5 years, 9 months ago

I haven't, but the kids have since the Kelsey Smith case.

jumpin_catfish 5 years, 9 months ago

Don't need it. I'll just whip out my awesome skills. You know, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills.....

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 9 months ago

Oh come on! A grandmother could take any of the "guys" that post on this newspaper. You need some new blood on here. Seriously. Why did not one of you learn things like spelling, how to punctuate a sentence, how to pick a subject and stick to it. Whatever you people are taking, do you buy it on E Bay?

jonas_opines 5 years, 9 months ago

"A grandmother could take any of the “guys” that post on this newspaper."Hey, thanks to Taekwondo, I could spin-kick the cigarette right out of your grandmother's mouth. Of course, she'd have to just stand there, and I'd accidentally break her jaw badly in the process, as I'm not that cool. /metaphorical cigarette

jumpin_catfish 5 years, 9 months ago

I got pretty sweet skills, like nunchunk skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills........

OldEnuf2BYurDad 5 years, 9 months ago

I played plenty of D & D when I was a youth, but I don't recall anything called a "bow staff".