Previous   Next

Are you hoping for a white Christmas?

Asked at Weaver’s, 901 Mass. on December 10, 2008

Browse the archives

“Absolutely, it puts you in the Christmas spirit.”

“It doesn’t really matter to me because I’ll be in Florida over the holidays.”

“Sure. I like snow, I just don’t want it to be dangerous, that’s all.”

“Absolutely. I’m from Europe and I miss white Christmases.”

Comments

ohjayhawk 6 years ago

I guess as long as it's not yellow...Seriously, I would love to have a white Christmas. However, it always seems that we have snow a few weeks before Christmas, and shortly after Christmas, but rarely on Christmas here.

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

If only 50% of the ground is covered, do we still consider it to be a White Christmas?

BuffyloGal 6 years ago

Anybody remember the Dec 21st storm last year? Pass!

zettapixel 6 years ago

How about a nice, sunny Christmas with a high of around 65?

ms_canada 6 years ago

OH BOY - I don't need to wish. We had a doozy of a storm Sat. and Sun. Snow, wind and 12* below Celcius. I don't know what that is F. but it was toooooooooo cold for me. Oh well, I guess I will get some much needed exercise shovelling that stuff. A white Christmas is nice though!!!!

Tony Kisner 6 years ago

It would be nice as long as it doesn't snow on my sidewalks.

SMe 6 years ago

And I respond, "Are you out of your mind?"No! I want 70 degrees and to be mowing my grass on Christmas day!"White Christmas" my foot.

sgtwolverine 6 years ago

Every Christmas is a white Christmas when you live in a small upper-middle-class town.Seriously, I love snow. The more the better. I'd like a white November through March.

jonas_opines 6 years ago

“Sure. I like snow, I just don’t want it to be dangerous, that’s all.”I'm sure that Obama made a campaign promise that he would change snow to make it less dangerous. What a liar! Any day now he'll backtrack to the "snow will be dangerous for awhile still" position, and then it'll just get ignored from then on out.

dajudge 6 years ago

TOB, then they all say: "Do you think he fell in?"

sunflower_sue 6 years ago

Whatever color...I'm not picky as long as it's 78 degrees outside.Ms_C, in F, -12*C translates to "way to cold!"“The Realm of Ronaldo's Nakedness”...please remind me to not come over on Christmas!!!

happygolucky 6 years ago

Will we still get fined for not shoveling the snow off the sidewaalk if we have a white christmas?

jayhawkerincali 6 years ago

Hmm...well considering I will be leaving the BEACH and 70 degrees to come to Lawrence for Christmas, and also considering I was just in Lawrence this past weekend and thought I might die I was so cold, I'll ahead and keep my fingers crossed that I bring the California sunshine to Kansas with me. No thank you to 15 degrees, and ice for me to bust my face on. I nearly broke ribs last Christmas walking around downtown on ice.

ms_canada 6 years ago

sunflower sue - well it has warmed up today so I put on my lovely red and white ,ms_canada hat and went out to shovel. My head stayed toasty but my fingertips got mighty chilled and my cat was standning on 3 legs with a wondrous look on his face. So we called it quits for a while.

sgtwolverine 6 years ago

Ah! Speaking of hats, sue, I wore a certain crazy blue and yellow hat last Saturday when I had to shoot the local Christmas parade on a cold, snowy evening. I keep meaning to get a picture when I wear it, but my main priority that evening was to get back inside where I could thaw out.

Deja Coffin 6 years ago

Anyone else hope Bailey gets a sunburn? I wanna go to Florida for Christmas!!! I'm jealous!

areyoucrazyman 6 years ago

dude, i like kansas' christmas MUCH better!!!!and it is a little racist... why don't they have african-american's, or latinos' answer?????and the saddest part is that they were at Weaver's!!!!

Deja Coffin 6 years ago

Is it racist that they asked 4 random people without thinking about the color of their skin. Or is it racist to ask one white person then search around for an african-american, wait an hour until you find an asain, and then sit there and think about whether it is more politically correct and equal to ask a little person or an overly overweight person. Get off it, they asked the first four people that gave coherent answers.

jonas_opines 6 years ago

"and it is a little racist… why don't they have african-american's, or latinos' answer?????"Probably afraid to ask a minority about white Christmas."Yeah, White Christmas. Cold, nasty, and it fills the road with idiots crashing into each other."Token, Lawrence KS>B^)>