Previous   Next

Are you hoping for a white Christmas?

Asked at Weaver’s, 901 Mass. on December 10, 2008

Browse the archives

“Absolutely, it puts you in the Christmas spirit.”

“It doesn’t really matter to me because I’ll be in Florida over the holidays.”

“Sure. I like snow, I just don’t want it to be dangerous, that’s all.”

“Absolutely. I’m from Europe and I miss white Christmases.”

Comments

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 4 months ago

Tomorrow's OTSHave you shoveled your sidewalk yet?

jonas_opines 5 years, 4 months ago

"and it is a little racist… why don't they have african-american's, or latinos' answer?????"Probably afraid to ask a minority about white Christmas."Yeah, White Christmas. Cold, nasty, and it fills the road with idiots crashing into each other."Token, Lawrence KS>B^)>

Deja Coffin 5 years, 4 months ago

Is it racist that they asked 4 random people without thinking about the color of their skin. Or is it racist to ask one white person then search around for an african-american, wait an hour until you find an asain, and then sit there and think about whether it is more politically correct and equal to ask a little person or an overly overweight person. Get off it, they asked the first four people that gave coherent answers.

areyoucrazyman 5 years, 4 months ago

dude, i like kansas' christmas MUCH better!!!!and it is a little racist... why don't they have african-american's, or latinos' answer?????and the saddest part is that they were at Weaver's!!!!

Deja Coffin 5 years, 4 months ago

Anyone else hope Bailey gets a sunburn? I wanna go to Florida for Christmas!!! I'm jealous!

sgtwolverine 5 years, 4 months ago

Ah! Speaking of hats, sue, I wore a certain crazy blue and yellow hat last Saturday when I had to shoot the local Christmas parade on a cold, snowy evening. I keep meaning to get a picture when I wear it, but my main priority that evening was to get back inside where I could thaw out.

ms_canada 5 years, 4 months ago

sunflower sue - well it has warmed up today so I put on my lovely red and white ,ms_canada hat and went out to shovel. My head stayed toasty but my fingertips got mighty chilled and my cat was standning on 3 legs with a wondrous look on his face. So we called it quits for a while.

jayhawkerincali 5 years, 4 months ago

Hmm...well considering I will be leaving the BEACH and 70 degrees to come to Lawrence for Christmas, and also considering I was just in Lawrence this past weekend and thought I might die I was so cold, I'll ahead and keep my fingers crossed that I bring the California sunshine to Kansas with me. No thank you to 15 degrees, and ice for me to bust my face on. I nearly broke ribs last Christmas walking around downtown on ice.

Pywacket 5 years, 4 months ago

T_O_B~ Your earlier "Racists" comment reminds me of the time I gave some very good black friends a Christmas card that said, "May All Your Christmases Be White!"Haha--what would they do without me?As for the question: I'd like it to start snowing as soon as the college kids have safely arrived at the house, then continue until about the 27th.Fireplace wood? Check.Tons of food? Check.Array of booze in the pantry? Check.Cards, board games, books? Check.Am I forgetting anything?

happygolucky 5 years, 4 months ago

Will we still get fined for not shoveling the snow off the sidewaalk if we have a white christmas?

prospector 5 years, 4 months ago

Houston could get sleet and snow today, forecasters sayCopyright 2008 Houston ChronicleDec. 10, 2008, 8:54AMWe can only hope that there are enough acrylic sweaters to go around for the freshly shore Lemurs out on Rancho Snapo. Just keep rubbing things together, best way I know to keep warm. The coal is on the way.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 4 months ago

Whatever color...I'm not picky as long as it's 78 degrees outside.Ms_C, in F, -12*C translates to "way to cold!"“The Realm of Ronaldo's Nakedness”...please remind me to not come over on Christmas!!!

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 4 months ago

Hey,Who drew someone they dislike from the name bag at work this year?I'll send you this copy of "Some Folks Call it a Sling Blade" that I bought in error at CD trading post.Who knew there were two versions.Even worse, I paid $7.99 for it.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 4 months ago

Prospector,I would have thought your idea of Christmas colors were amber and golden.

prospector 5 years, 4 months ago

Wow, I thought red and green were the official colors of Christmas.

dajudge 5 years, 4 months ago

TOB, then they all say: "Do you think he fell in?"

autie 5 years, 4 months ago

R_I, I do have an Autie sanctuary that is usually respected. That cats are always welcome but generally are disinclined to acquiesce to such invites.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 4 months ago

R_I -My in-laws think I have some sort of horrible bowel condition. I'll disapear for extended lengths of time and when they realize I'm not there, they'll start hollering. "Where were you.?" me - "Bathroom." Conversation over.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 4 months ago

jonas,Such a jaded view for a young man...In four years, maybe we can get real change, you know, a revolution...

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 4 months ago

autie, T_O_B,I feel you both. I know that issue you face all to well. I used to try to escape to the barn/workshop. Some of the more intrepid even followed me there. In my quest, I have now learned to just declare the entire second story of the house as "The Realm of Ronaldo's Nakedness". Apparently that declaration instills enough trepidation in their souls...The Cat has a similar issue, and claims the stairwell window sill as "Empire of The Cat".

jonas_opines 5 years, 4 months ago

“Sure. I like snow, I just don’t want it to be dangerous, that’s all.”I'm sure that Obama made a campaign promise that he would change snow to make it less dangerous. What a liar! Any day now he'll backtrack to the "snow will be dangerous for awhile still" position, and then it'll just get ignored from then on out.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 4 months ago

Every Christmas is a white Christmas when you live in a small upper-middle-class town.Seriously, I love snow. The more the better. I'd like a white November through March.

SMe 5 years, 4 months ago

And I respond, "Are you out of your mind?"No! I want 70 degrees and to be mowing my grass on Christmas day!"White Christmas" my foot.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 4 months ago

Autie -Whether it is at my home or the out-law's house, I need my own quiet room I can escape to.

autie 5 years, 4 months ago

sort of, bob. On the upside, last I heard we get to go to kid number 2's house for dinner..mess up her kitchen. If I had my druthers, I'd be spending a quite day in the marsh. I enjoy the family things really..for about an hour.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 4 months ago

Autie -You sound pumped for seeing the family on Christmas.

Tony Kisner 5 years, 4 months ago

It would be nice as long as it doesn't snow on my sidewalks.

autie 5 years, 4 months ago

You can take your white Christmas and stick it somewhere with all the candy canes...I'm thinking about 45 degrees with a thick fog would be nice...And all the kids get lost trying to find our house.

ms_canada 5 years, 4 months ago

OH BOY - I don't need to wish. We had a doozy of a storm Sat. and Sun. Snow, wind and 12* below Celcius. I don't know what that is F. but it was toooooooooo cold for me. Oh well, I guess I will get some much needed exercise shovelling that stuff. A white Christmas is nice though!!!!

Norma Jeane Baker 5 years, 4 months ago

My vote goes to zetta! 65 sounds great. 70 would be even nicer!!

zettapixel 5 years, 4 months ago

How about a nice, sunny Christmas with a high of around 65?

BuffyloGal 5 years, 4 months ago

Anybody remember the Dec 21st storm last year? Pass!

Flap Doodle 5 years, 4 months ago

If only 50% of the ground is covered, do we still consider it to be a White Christmas?

ohjayhawk 5 years, 4 months ago

I guess as long as it's not yellow...Seriously, I would love to have a white Christmas. However, it always seems that we have snow a few weeks before Christmas, and shortly after Christmas, but rarely on Christmas here.

faceit 5 years, 4 months ago

I'm not prejudiced; any color's fine.

blue73harley 5 years, 4 months ago

Nah, I would like a mauve Christmas.