Previous   Next

What’s on your Christmas list this year?

Asked at 31st and Iowa streets on December 8, 2008

Browse the archives

“Mostly toys and clothes for my family.”

“We don’t celebrate Christmas…it’s not about giving (gifts), it’s about God.”

“A vacation to somewhere on a beach.”

“An Xbox 360 for myself.”

Related story

Comments

grammaddy 5 years, 7 months ago

How about an end to the conflicts in the world. Also we found a long lost family member this year so just the chance to re-unite and catch up would be wonderful.Marion, I like the way you are thinking this morning.

alm77 5 years, 7 months ago

I've asked my family to donate money to Living Water International instead of giving me gifts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVqqj1...

countrygirl 5 years, 7 months ago

To see enough donations come in to local charities so that all kids in the area will have a little something under their tree.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 7 months ago

I don't really want anything. I just hope everyone else likes what I got them!

coolmom 5 years, 7 months ago

i feel a member of the lucky few that has healthy kids and a roof over my head. i just hope to give the kids a good christmas and for the turkey to come out well.

mommyof1angel 5 years, 7 months ago

I would just love to be able to catch my car payment up so I will continue to be able to work and provide food and shelter for myself and my daughter. A better economy would be the biggest blessing to me right now.

gogoplata 5 years, 7 months ago

PapaB 5 years, 7 months ago

gogoplata (Anonymous) says… I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

OonlyBonly 5 years, 7 months ago

The West is the bestGet here and we'll do the rest

MeAndFannieLou 5 years, 7 months ago

Obama wins election. Ann Coulter has her jaw wired shut. O.J. sentenced to prison.X-mas is early this year!

ms_canada 5 years, 7 months ago

Marion - whirled peas. Could you be wishing for the English concoction known as mushy peas which goes just great with Cod and Chips? That could make a mess of your stocking. Or are you going to hang a stocking at all? I guess Dec. 25 is just another working day to you. We had a nice sermon in church yesterday about the tradition of giving on Dec. 25. Basically it was this: God gave His Son to mankind, His Son gave His life as payment for our sins and the Wise Men gave gifts of frankinscence, myrhh and gold. And that is enough of a tradition for me and my house.

dajudge 5 years, 7 months ago

I'm hoping for some mushy peas and an end to all world conflicts. "That men can live as brothers, on the bullfrog line."

spammer89 5 years, 7 months ago

my woman to dress up naughty Ms. Clause.

beatrice 5 years, 7 months ago

If asking for the Whirled Peas, don't forget the Gouda Wheel and Two Men. “We don’t celebrate Christmas…it’s not about giving (gifts), it’s about God.” I don't celebrate God stuff either.

Puff_Dragon 5 years, 7 months ago

dude Waka1 if you get a PS3 you'll just be fighting over it with Beavis. So maybe you should quit hopping. ?

labmonkey 5 years, 7 months ago

Ammo for my Glock, Robot Chicken seasons 2 and 3, that people would look for "Made In USA" before they buy things, and donate the rest to Salvation Army, Toys for Tots, and Harvesters.

Christine Anderson 5 years, 7 months ago

Multi, are you okay? You said you wouldn't live long...Seriously, what's up?As for my Christmas wish list..crap, I feel mostly like the Grinch. guess if I had to make a list, it would be:1) To get back the significant other I lost to a break-up yesterday.2) For the Army to re-draft my ex-husband, and use him as a tank turret in Iraq.(delightful thought)3)A cure for autism, please.

labmonkey 5 years, 7 months ago

"2) For the Army to re-draft my ex-husband, and use him as a tank turret in Iraq.(delightful thought)"At least you arent bitter....

mom_of_three 5 years, 7 months ago

My kids to do well in school, to accept their limitations, and to work hard with their talents. for the hubby to quit smoking and for us to continue to provide for our family. Would like a clean house, health, happiness, and some good seats to a KU mens basketball game.