Previous   Next

Are you going to the Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade on Saturday?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 5, 2008

Browse the archives

“I will not be able to be there this year. We are not going to be in town.”

“Yes, sir … They had a similar parade on a smaller scale in our former home.”

“Yes, you bet I will. I’ll drag my sister.”

“Yes, definitely. It’s lots of fun.”

Related story

Comments

BigPrune 6 years, 5 months ago

Will the atheists be out to protest? It's wonderful how the secular humanists have taken over our public school system so the children can't sing Christmas songs just to please 5% of the population so as to not offend. Other than that, no I won't be attending the parade. I will be working my third job at that time.

jonas_opines 6 years, 5 months ago

For some reason it really bugs me that they're actually calling it an "Old-Fashioned" Christmas Parade, so no. It's like Ye Old Shoppe or something like that for a drugstore. I kid, I would totally never have gone in the first place. The Grinch only became a problem when he came out.

BuffyloGal 6 years, 5 months ago

"the children can't sing Christmas songs just to please 5% of the population so as to not offend" - if you believe that 95% of this country are Christian you are dreaming.

hail2oldku 6 years, 5 months ago

No, and thanks for the reminder so I can avoid downtown tomorrow.

trinity 6 years, 5 months ago

ah! tob ya beat me to it! bob's comment (any kin to ye??) made me chuckle...i bet those parades were he!! on the laminate flooring!

wysiwyg69 6 years, 5 months ago

I hope Kim has an alarm system now that everyone knows "we will be out of town this weekend". Do people just not realize what they are saying?

booklover 6 years, 5 months ago

Only for part of it. That is one Loooooong parade and I don't have hours and hours and hours to stand around all freakin day and watch horses poop on Mass St. Guess I just don't have my "Christmas Spirit" on yet.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 5 months ago

Pleather is the traditional garb for Saturnalia Fest on Rancho Snap.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 5 months ago

"The Grinch only became a problem when he came out."Wait .. the Grinch isn't straight?I won't be going to the Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade on Saturday, partly because that would be a very long trip for a parade and partly because I'll be photographing my town's Christmas parade that same evening.Why does everybody in the U.S. have Christmas festivities this weekend?

Deja Coffin 6 years, 5 months ago

I won't be going because my 4 year old has a Holiday show. So instead I get to watch her do tap dancing and tumbling!! Seeing her attempt a cartwheel is definitely worth missing the parade and a heck of a lot cuter!

ms_canada 6 years, 5 months ago

I like parades and if I lived in Lawrence or was visiting I would definitely go to see the parade. Is it a nice one? I wish we would have a Christmas Parade here in Edmonton. But it is probably too dang cold for anyone to stand there long enough to see a parade. we are having a mild winter so far, for this northern city, but it is still too cold for a parade. Even if one does wear pleather. I am not sure, is pleather warm?

KU_cynic 6 years, 5 months ago

Uuu mmmm jgg bt ma ttnong isth sthk thoths agpool.Translation: I'd love to go, but my tongue is stuck to this flag pole.

Crossfire 6 years, 5 months ago

Hell Yes!!!I need a big bucket of horses apples for the door bell tricks next weekend.