Previous   Next

Do you always use the same password, or do you come up with different ones?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 25, 2008

Browse the archives

“I actually always use the same one. It’s two names put together. That way it’s nice and long.”

“I have about six different passwords that I rotate through, but they’re always exactly the same. So if I forget one, I can just start going through them until I figure out which one it is.”

“I always use the same two. If it’s not one, it’s the other.”

“I always use the same one for everything, but it’s tricky. I took an information technology systems class, and they told us how to come up with a good one.”

Related story

Comments

sunflower_sue 6 years ago

password? I don't need no stinkin' password!

alm77 6 years ago

r_i, haha!Depends on the website. For boards like these, the password is easy (who would want this identity). For social networks, it's a touch more difficult. For emails, more difficult still. I use the same password for all my online educational needs (except for student loan info) and near impossible ones for banking and other financials. The most difficult one of all though, is to access our wireless network.

nobody1793 6 years ago

Bzzz! The correct answer is "none of your damn business." Don't ever answer any questions about passwords especially to nosey reporters!

ms_canada 6 years ago

I always compose my passwords in spanish and add a number on the end.

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

OnlyTheOne 6 years ago

I always use the same one, pass123.

jonas 6 years ago

snap_pop_no_crackle (Anonymous) says: "I use imaginary numbers and words that can never be pronounced by the human mouth."Cthulhu ftagn? Iya!

arizonajh 6 years ago

My company alone has required me to come up with over 200 unique passwords (can't ever use one you've used before) by requiring 3 new passwords (for three systems) every 60 days over my 11+ year employment. Passwords can't include your name, no "runs" 1234 or abcd etc, must be combination of 8-11 letters and numbers but no puncuation, %, $ @ etc. And we don't deal with any money, national security, or anyones sensitive personal info! I don't have the time to think up new ones for my bank, 401K, utilities, etc!

sunflower_sue 6 years ago

snap, is that what that thing was that was in my front yard last night? Eeeewwww! Took an hour with the hot washer to get rid of the green slime it left behind.

bombshell 6 years ago

i have 3 on heavy rotation. and variations of the aforementioned 3 as well. seems to work fine until i get to one and i can't remember how i varied it in the first place... then pretty much have to rack my own brain for variation combos i think i would myself had used before i forgot and now have to remember thru trial and error......errrrr.... what?

coolmom 6 years ago

variations on a couple of themes. all of my passwords are different and even my twin couldnt figure out the big ones.

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

Gotta go, jonas. The shoggoths are molting & you know how they can get.

jonas 6 years ago

snap: Oh, absolutely. My goat just had a thousand young itself.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years ago

Hmm... let me just consult this sticky note on the side of my computer....

FatTony 6 years ago

I actually always use the same one. It's two names put together. That way it's nice and long."- Ben Potter,Thanks for your password BenPotter