Previous   Next

Do you always use the same password, or do you come up with different ones?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 25, 2008

Browse the archives

“I actually always use the same one. It’s two names put together. That way it’s nice and long.”

“I have about six different passwords that I rotate through, but they’re always exactly the same. So if I forget one, I can just start going through them until I figure out which one it is.”

“I always use the same two. If it’s not one, it’s the other.”

“I always use the same one for everything, but it’s tricky. I took an information technology systems class, and they told us how to come up with a good one.”

Related story

Comments

couranna1 5 years, 7 months ago

yeah and I'll bet you cannot guess what it is

rantor 5 years, 7 months ago

Multi,What does salary have to do with passwords. Did you get fired from KU?

Marion Lynn 5 years, 7 months ago

Well, now , look what's happened!Dagon and a few of his minions showed up and the local fish and chips joint is cleaned out and I had to order 138 Anchovie pizzas!Worse than that, Dagon says that he told the Goats, so I just opened the gates to the field and by morning there will be no grass at all.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 7 months ago

arizonajh...if you're not making over $80k a year, I suggest you quit!;)

ChristmasCarol 5 years, 7 months ago

I use the Japanese word for Mayonnaise. It is translated from French. Mayone-zoe.If that doesn't work I use the Japanese word for Turquoise. Turp-one-zu.Originally they are both French words but I think the Americans adopted them in English for us all to use.

Marion Lynn 5 years, 7 months ago

Now, you guys have hurt my pet Shoggoth's feelings and I had to get out the treats.Shoggoths are internet savvy, you know.And now, since the Shoggoth got treats the Mi-Go are raising Cain and I'll be up all night!

Pywacket 5 years, 7 months ago

Autie~ I love that era, though I missed it by a few decades. It's the music my grandmas danced to.I could only think of those three musical phone number references, although there are probably more.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 7 months ago

Hmm... let me just consult this sticky note on the side of my computer....

FatTony 5 years, 7 months ago

I actually always use the same one. It's two names put together. That way it's nice and long."- Ben Potter,Thanks for your password BenPotter

jonas 5 years, 7 months ago

snap: Oh, absolutely. My goat just had a thousand young itself.

prospector 5 years, 7 months ago

"Joe sent me." works at the places I go after the brewery closes.

bombshell 5 years, 7 months ago

i have 3 on heavy rotation. and variations of the aforementioned 3 as well. seems to work fine until i get to one and i can't remember how i varied it in the first place... then pretty much have to rack my own brain for variation combos i think i would myself had used before i forgot and now have to remember thru trial and error......errrrr.... what?

autie 5 years, 7 months ago

PY!! What a way to get a song stuck in my head..all I can think of is the scene in that grand foyer with the band and Glenn..It has been too long and that is one of my favorite all movies..the folks at work don't get it when I am humming one of the old tunes they all heard growing up but don't know where it came from..In high school, the band dude was a big band guy and they played all the Glenn Miller songs.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 7 months ago

snap, is that what that thing was that was in my front yard last night? Eeeewwww! Took an hour with the hot washer to get rid of the green slime it left behind.

Pink_Sock 5 years, 7 months ago

Best password ever....see if anyone can figure this one out.C ; [enter] ; # # #

Flap Doodle 5 years, 7 months ago

Gotta go, jonas. The shoggoths are molting & you know how they can get.

rantor 5 years, 7 months ago

I use butt for everything... really...everything.

jonas 5 years, 7 months ago

snap_pop_no_crackle (Anonymous) says: "I use imaginary numbers and words that can never be pronounced by the human mouth."Cthulhu ftagn? Iya!

Pywacket 5 years, 7 months ago

I always use either 8675309 or PA65000. For fear I might forget which number goes with which acct., I mailed them off in an email to myself.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 7 months ago

password? I don't need no stinkin' password!

arizonajh 5 years, 7 months ago

My company alone has required me to come up with over 200 unique passwords (can't ever use one you've used before) by requiring 3 new passwords (for three systems) every 60 days over my 11+ year employment. Passwords can't include your name, no "runs" 1234 or abcd etc, must be combination of 8-11 letters and numbers but no puncuation, %, $ @ etc. And we don't deal with any money, national security, or anyones sensitive personal info! I don't have the time to think up new ones for my bank, 401K, utilities, etc!

coolmom 5 years, 7 months ago

variations on a couple of themes. all of my passwords are different and even my twin couldnt figure out the big ones.

alm77 5 years, 7 months ago

r_i, haha!Depends on the website. For boards like these, the password is easy (who would want this identity). For social networks, it's a touch more difficult. For emails, more difficult still. I use the same password for all my online educational needs (except for student loan info) and near impossible ones for banking and other financials. The most difficult one of all though, is to access our wireless network.

nobody1793 5 years, 7 months ago

Bzzz! The correct answer is "none of your damn business." Don't ever answer any questions about passwords especially to nosey reporters!

ms_canada 5 years, 7 months ago

I always compose my passwords in spanish and add a number on the end.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 7 months ago

I now use a super secret encryption algorithm to generate my passwords.I gave up using 362436 quite a while ago.

OnlyTheOne 5 years, 7 months ago

I always use the same one, pass123.

spiderman 5 years, 7 months ago

i use fractals of my latitude & longitude at the time of my hatching

autie 5 years, 7 months ago

We have to change them all the time..so I can never remember. between my multiple passwords and PIN numbers and access codes I can't remember my own phone number half the time.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 7 months ago

Damian666 5 years, 7 months ago

I use the Antichrist's real name. Once I used her husband Bill's name though.

emily_litella 5 years, 7 months ago

I just love that Allen Ludden I hope they don't change it too much

jimjones 5 years, 7 months ago

I use koolaid as the password for everything. sometimes I add a 1 on the end like for my commerce bank accounts.