Previous   Next

Do you think there is a possibility that Bigfoot exists?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 16, 2008

Browse the archives

“I think there is. The truth is always stranger than fiction, because fiction is bound by reality. I like to think that kind of stuff is at least possible.”

“I think the same possibility exists as finding Al Capone’s millions, Jimmy Hoffa’s body and the chupucabra.”

“I think there’s a possibility. As a Christian, I believe that the world was created in seven days by a spirit. So we can never really know until we see it for ourselves.”

“I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure if it existed, they would have found it by now. I’d be more inclined to believe in something paranormal being found in the deep sea, because we can only explore such a small part of it. But something like that on land, I don’t think it’s possible.”

Related story

Comments

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 3 months ago

"Is the existence of Bigfoot any less conceivable than your own existence?"

Crossfire 6 years, 3 months ago

Big Foot, Mama Foot and The Little Feet live up under The Mass Street Bridge.Big likes to sleep in front of the Bank.Mama dances at The Bird.And the Littles steal Slices as big as your face of Keno's side walk bar.

jonas 6 years, 3 months ago

Must resist sarcastic rejoinder for candidly given opinion. . . Sure, why not. I think he's actually a Wookiee, though.

BorderRat 6 years, 3 months ago

I think it might be Elvis in a furry jump suit.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 3 months ago

Py: "I just walked home from a drunken, delightful party at my neighbors' house, and saw... Oz the Great and Terrible was spanking the (ahem!) outof a curiously submissive lion."Uh, Py... ......?...... um, never mind.

nowandthen 6 years, 3 months ago

I think we should go to the deep see, find the Spirit, then ask where it hid Bigfoot!

TheEleventhStephanie 6 years, 3 months ago

Scary monsters in the pic behind the second guy, if you look close...

ohjayhawk 6 years, 3 months ago

I live not too far from where there is supposedly some Bigfoot activity. It's also a huge deer hunting area. If there were Bigfoot out there, a hunter would have found a skeleton of one at some point. There's not enough secluded areas around here anymore for there not to be any concrete evidence.

1wetwilly 6 years, 3 months ago

Taleeda's answer is profound. (Perhaps, she even realized it). In other words, if some myths are possible, then all myths are possible. ...if Christianity, then Bigfoot...

JayCat_67 6 years, 3 months ago

Do you think there is a possibility that an intelligent OTS question exists?

allateup 6 years, 3 months ago

I see several every year headed to the Wak Fest

LogicMan 6 years, 3 months ago

"...Bigfoot exists?"Sure, and he went to KU! Ostertag.Proof? Bigfoots are known to have big foot problems when vehicles are not put in park ... :-)

classclown 6 years, 3 months ago

Do all you people have your heads in the sand? Of course Bigfoot exists. There's plenty of video footage of him. Have you not seen those beef jerky commercials?

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 3 months ago

Rumor has it that Bigfoot connected with a talented podiatrist and now is wearing "sensible" shoes.

Sigmund 6 years, 3 months ago

I believe that the big eyed gray aliens visit Earth and anal probe humans then hop in a "worm hole" and laugh all the way back to their home planet. I believe that my "call is important and will be answered in the order it was received." I believe Al Gore invented the Interweb, Juan McCain is a conservative, and Barry Obama is qualified to President of the most powerful country in history, ever. I believe the check is in the mail, love is forever, and the government is here to help me. I believe Scott Peterson was framed, Drew Peterson's wives died natural deaths, O.J. Simpson is looking for Nicole's killers, and the Neighbors had no idea they were selling stolen goods on eBay. I might even be persuaded that the LJW Online is the most award winning site on the Interweb, Chad Lawhorn is an objective reporter, increased sales taxes are tax cuts, Lawrence is progressive, all the empTy buses are really filled to capacity, windmills and solar panels will power all our electric cars in 10 years, and that second coming will happen right before the planet bursts into flames from global warming. But I can't bring myself to believe the Big Foot exists.

labmonkey 6 years, 3 months ago

Good post Sigmund. I am happy Brian Johnson took time from AC/DC to answer an OTS question.

nobody1793 6 years, 3 months ago

Tomorrow's OTS question should be: "Are you an idiot?"

robertsloan2 6 years, 3 months ago

Of course I think there's a possibility it exists. I can't believe something or believe it doesn't exist when the evidence is shabby and the discussions are mostly opinion. History is full of animals that were cryptozoology stories before they were documented, the mountain gorilla was a "Wild man of the woods" and the coelacanth was believed extinct. Just recently the census of lowland gorillas doubled because some researchers sensibly counted the number of gorilla nests in an area rather than looking for shy, well-camouflaged animals. So there may be something to the Bigfoot legend. It's more plausible that an unknown animal is out there than the UFOs and so on -- but it might not be what people think it is. That's the catch. If some unknown bear species turned up, that could be what's being spotted -- when something is unknown I don't make assumptions about it. I do know there have been a significant number of frauds involving Bigfoot and that people cash in on it to try to sell souvenirs, books and such. That just impedes any serious investigations. If there is a real animal, I would hazard a guess that someone will find it while counting plovers' eggs or doing tree ring samples and conducting a serious survey in the area without even thinking of Bigfoot till the droppings are found -- that's evidence I would trust. Animal droppings have their DNA in shed cells in them. You'd think with all the people chasing Bigfoot that someone would get out with plastic bags, a pooper scooper and a lab budget.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 3 months ago

notnowdear: "I think the possibility exists that another line of hominids certainly made it as far as we have."( many of them posting in these very forums )

staff04 6 years, 3 months ago

"He lives in Ted Kazinski's cabin with DB Cooper"So...bigfoot AND DB Cooper are in the Newseum in Washington, DC? Awesome! Reminds me of a book I read when I was a kid about a little girl and her brother living in the Met!

coolmom 6 years, 3 months ago

i agree that the creature commonly considered a bigfoot is actually a wookie, how can anyone miss that? i go a step further and say they should be on the endangered species list and therefore all of the places they reside or might reside like south of town and garages (not the neighbors garage that was the dope) should also be federally protected lands and we should spend millions to study them....

Lulu 6 years, 3 months ago

What possibility when they have the proof. Didn't everyone see or read the press conference in Palo Alto? It was very exciting that they have a body, DNA and photographic evidence that backs up their findings. Bigfoot is an vegetarian and he is a big and hairy primate of unknown origins. A find of the century. The people that found Bigfoot are brave. It is people like these that make me spend more time educating the youths about the environment and stop the greenhouse gasses from humans and the warming of our planet caused by men.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 3 months ago

Bigfoot is hiding in a Wyandotte county junkyard.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 3 months ago

Py: "I think Bigfoot is about as likely as virgin birth, rising from the dead, reincarnation, leprechauns, Oz the Great and Terrible, and finding a good, old-fashioned greasy-spoon diner in Lawrence."Whoa, Py, I was reviewing your "short" list, above, when I realized you must have been channeling, for Bigfoot's was indeed a virgin birth, having risen from the dead as a reincarnation of Oz the Great and Terrible, and, while he has little need for greasy spoons-being unwelcome in them since his barefoot days-he does find leprechauns to be magically delicious!

BigPrune 6 years, 3 months ago

I don't know about Bigfoot, but I ate a Chupucabra at Taco Bell and it wasn't half bad.

Brad Maestas 6 years, 3 months ago

They're claiming that their specimen might actually still be alive!?Total, unadulterated quackery.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 3 months ago

Bob2: "It's more plausible that an unknown animal is out there than the UFOs and so on - but it might not be what people think it is."I've just reviewed the evidence. It's Michael Jackson...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJjUt2...( Check out the moonwalk. )

nobody1793 6 years, 3 months ago

Ok, I give. There is a possibility. There is also the possibility that Dolph and Hemminway will don powered wigs and have tea and finger sandwiches and discuss famous quilters in history every Saturday... In fact that's probably much more likely.

Mark Currie 6 years, 3 months ago

Maybe bigfoot lives in the wetlands south of town.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 6 years, 3 months ago

I was keeping it a secret. I like to keep a low profile. Lulu is right, though. I exist. I am the beast in you.I cannot be seen, as I am not plausible.I cannot be touched, as I am swift and subtle in my evasion.I can be imagined, thus can be rendered and can be made real but... I will never be captured. I will never be seen. I am the ape thy gawd.He who believeth in me...knows the rest...

TheOriginalCA 6 years, 3 months ago

With all of the satellite technology we have and all of the electronic surveylance, right now at this time chances of there being an animal of this size and us having verifiable proof ie.... satellite photos followed up by close monitoring of the same area.... it is doubtful...

cowgomoo 6 years, 3 months ago

Yes. Tenacious D says that they do and that's good enough for me.

Larry Bauerle 6 years, 3 months ago

Sure there is a bigfoot. And there is intelligent life in Columbia, MO.

Aisling 6 years, 3 months ago

75X55 now THAT cracked me up. Calling people 'rubes' and using Fox News to support your argument........bwhahahahahahahahahahahaha snort mwahahahahahahah.Oh that was funny!