Previous   Next

Are you concerned that the United States is getting involved in the conflict between Russia and Georgia?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 15, 2008

Browse the archives

“Oh yeah, definitely. I feel like we should not be involved at all. There has also been talk of Israel giving aid to Georgia, so it looks like there is a good possibility it’s going to get ugly.”

“I’m worried, but not all that concerned yet. I think we should keep our involvement to a minimum until we fully understand the situation.”

“I am. I’m not too informed about the specifics, but I’m hoping it won’t become a major ongoing conflict.”

“I am concerned that the U.S. is using it as an example for our future political relationship with Russia in the Balkans.”

Related story

Comments

PapaB 6 years, 4 months ago

"I saw one of those guys on the bible channel a couple years ago that said russia moving towards israel is supposed to be a sign of the end-times. Could this be the first step? Find out after sports and tonights winning lottery numbers:"Umm, I think they say that about everything.

Curtis Martell 6 years, 4 months ago

No, not concerned. There is nothing the U.S. can do and everyone knows it. The White House and State Department can bluster away, but they can't actually do anything. In a month this will be over, Russia will have made it's point to the former U.S.S.R satelite countries and we won't be discussing it.

ms_canada 6 years, 4 months ago

50yr_resident - be sure to close your eyes when that bulls+++ hits the fan.

Berserk 6 years, 4 months ago

Once again, not our problem, it's simply another BP oil "place of interest" as they have a giant pipeline running through Georgia.I really don't care about emissions, I simply hope one day we don't have to rely on oil so our government can stop murdering young american citizens for a f&$ng dollar.

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 4 months ago

By cousins, you mean Coy and Vance, right?

RonBurgandy 6 years, 4 months ago

Bomb everybody. It's the only solution. (of course, I'm being sarcastic)

Kat Christian 6 years, 4 months ago

I've said from the beginning that Bush is going to lead us into WWIII and he still has time really make a mess of things. He needs to mind his own business. We have enough problems to do with Iraq.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 4 months ago

Yeah Hillsdale College. Go Chargers.Anyway ... I'm far more concerned about China's invasion of the gold medal podiums.

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 4 months ago

Forget Georgia and Russia. Let's bomb China. Their trying to pass of 13 year olds as 16 year old gymnist. That situation calls for drastic action.

50YearResident 6 years, 4 months ago

Russia knows we have nothing to back up threats with as long as we have not finished the last two wars we are currently in. Putin looked into bush"s eyes and all he saw was bull$hit.

nobody1793 6 years, 4 months ago

I saw one of those guys on the bible channel a couple years ago that said russia moving towards israel is supposed to be a sign of the end-times. Could this be the first step? Find out after sports and tonights winning lottery numbers...

jonas 6 years, 4 months ago

I've been concerned about the combative anti-red tone that has been rising these last few weeks. At least this peace-keeping effort is focused on diplomacy, as near as I can tell.

Mkh 6 years, 4 months ago

We aren't "getting involved" in this conflict. We've already been directly involved in it for at least 15 years. We (and Israel) have armed the Georgian military and trained them....not to mention that we mostly likely had special forces on the ground as the invasion into S. Ossetia took place.