Previous   Next

Do you consider yourself to be an efficient worker?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 28, 2008

Browse the archives

“Extremely. I make lists of all my tasks and make sure I finish them all by the end of the day.”

“No. I guess there’s always the possibility of working faster, but I tend to get distracted quite easily.”

“I sure do. I take pride in my work and try not to waste time. I’m not there to pass the time of day.”

“It depends how much I’m getting paid.”

Comments

BABBOY 5 years, 11 months ago

Sure, as long as I am not posting on this site or the other two I "quickly" post on.

compmd 5 years, 11 months ago

OldEnuf2BYurDad (Anonymous) says:"It depends how much I'm getting paid."That attitude will ensure that you'll never get paid much. The "Pay me first, then I'll work hard" attitude.But what else would you expect from someone who looks to be of the age of someone in "Generation Me?"

OldEnuf2BYurDad 5 years, 11 months ago

jumpin_catfish 5 years, 11 months ago

Hey Cassie, you're going places. Not!

Godot 5 years, 11 months ago

Kudos to Sigmund for using the word, "effective." He took the word right out of my keyboard.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

I used to be like Jennifer the nurse.After working that hard all my life, my reward is a very busted up body.Now, I can proudly say I efficiently eat sunflower seeds.But, some do fly out of my fingers when I pick them up, and if I forget to put the top on the "shells can" the cat sometimes zooms over the end table and spills it, and I can't get down under it to clean it up.So, maybe I should stay home from the seed contest this year.Take #2;I am pretty efficient with the remote.

Sigmund 5 years, 11 months ago

I'm incredibly effective at my job. How else could I have so much free time to screw around??

Poon 5 years, 11 months ago

I dunno. Better send a group of professors and students at Kansas University with their laptop computers over to my office to check...

iplaysupernintendo 5 years, 11 months ago

not right now... since i'm reading the ljworld online instead of doing some ordering.... oops.

ontheotherhand 5 years, 11 months ago

I find it humorous that the responders from Missouri state that they are inefficient while the Lawrence workers claim efficiency. Hmmm. :)

hawklet21 5 years, 11 months ago

Good answer, Cassie! I will be an efficient hard worker if I respect my employer.

GSWtotheheart 5 years, 11 months ago

Not when there's so many comments to read on the message boards...I am so easily distracted at times!

sunflower_sue 5 years, 11 months ago

Only when I have to be. Unfortunately, I usually have to be.

blue73harley 5 years, 11 months ago

emily - LOL, it took me awhile to get it but...oh....nevermind!

Flap Doodle 5 years, 11 months ago

I can groom a lemur in less time than anyone else west of the Mississippi.

Kat Christian 5 years, 11 months ago

Yes, once I get started. It takes me a little bit in the morning to gear up/wake up but once I'm on a roll I'm tenacious at seeing it through. I usually finish all my task by the end of the day. I'm the type of person who has to accomplish something everyday to make life worthwhile. My weak point are obstacles. I tend to lose my temper on days that I've not gotten enough sleep when I come upon too many obstacles. I don't take breaks either, not like some people I work with who are always on a break and get away with it. I guess everyone is so used to me always being there that if I'm not or am seen doing nothing they assume I'm wasting time. Oh well I'd rather be busy than bored.

le 5 years, 11 months ago

Damn right Derek works hard! He even lost a finger as a young man...now thats a dedicated feller!

jonas 5 years, 11 months ago

I try to be. It means I usually get done faster.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 11 months ago

Not to toot my own horn, but I think I could earn the "energy star" label.http://www.in.gov/energy/images/Energy%20Star%20Logob.JPG

Norma Jeane Baker 5 years, 11 months ago

Absolutely. I've learned how to do my work AND post on the LJW site at the same time. Multitasking rocks!

emily_litella 5 years, 11 months ago

Why yes, I've worked at severqal elections.