Previous   Next

Do you consider yourself to be an efficient worker?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 28, 2008

Browse the archives

“Extremely. I make lists of all my tasks and make sure I finish them all by the end of the day.”

“No. I guess there’s always the possibility of working faster, but I tend to get distracted quite easily.”

“I sure do. I take pride in my work and try not to waste time. I’m not there to pass the time of day.”

“It depends how much I’m getting paid.”

Comments

jonas 6 years, 7 months ago

I try to be. It means I usually get done faster.

Kat Christian 6 years, 7 months ago

Yes, once I get started. It takes me a little bit in the morning to gear up/wake up but once I'm on a roll I'm tenacious at seeing it through. I usually finish all my task by the end of the day. I'm the type of person who has to accomplish something everyday to make life worthwhile. My weak point are obstacles. I tend to lose my temper on days that I've not gotten enough sleep when I come upon too many obstacles. I don't take breaks either, not like some people I work with who are always on a break and get away with it. I guess everyone is so used to me always being there that if I'm not or am seen doing nothing they assume I'm wasting time. Oh well I'd rather be busy than bored.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 7 months ago

I can groom a lemur in less time than anyone else west of the Mississippi.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 7 months ago

Only when I have to be. Unfortunately, I usually have to be.

GSWtotheheart 6 years, 7 months ago

Not when there's so many comments to read on the message boards...I am so easily distracted at times!

hawklet21 6 years, 7 months ago

Good answer, Cassie! I will be an efficient hard worker if I respect my employer.

ontheotherhand 6 years, 7 months ago

I find it humorous that the responders from Missouri state that they are inefficient while the Lawrence workers claim efficiency. Hmmm. :)

iplaysupernintendo 6 years, 7 months ago

not right now... since i'm reading the ljworld online instead of doing some ordering.... oops.

Poon 6 years, 7 months ago

I dunno. Better send a group of professors and students at Kansas University with their laptop computers over to my office to check...

Sigmund 6 years, 7 months ago

I'm incredibly effective at my job. How else could I have so much free time to screw around??

Godot 6 years, 7 months ago

Kudos to Sigmund for using the word, "effective." He took the word right out of my keyboard.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 6 years, 7 months ago

compmd 6 years, 7 months ago

OldEnuf2BYurDad (Anonymous) says:"It depends how much I'm getting paid."That attitude will ensure that you'll never get paid much. The "Pay me first, then I'll work hard" attitude.But what else would you expect from someone who looks to be of the age of someone in "Generation Me?"