Previous   Next

Do you think Hillary Clinton can still win the Democratic nomination now that she has won in Pennsylvania?

Asked at Borders, 700 N.H. on April 24, 2008

Browse the archives

“Oh sure, I think she can win it. I think in the end it’s going to come down to the superdelegates, and while she might not catch Obama on the number of delegates overall, she might win enough superdelegates to support her nomination.”

“I hope not. I think it would be better for everyone if she would concede and let Obama have it.”

“No. She’s still too far behind overall. She pretty much has to sweep at this point, and I don’t know if I see that happening.”

“Yes, I still think it’s very possible for either of them to win. If anything, the win draws more publicity for her, and all those little things really matter when it’s this close. So I’m really nervous that she might be able to do it.”

Comments

Agnostick 5 years, 11 months ago

scott3460 (Anonymous) says:"Women with money behind them are the worst."Hilarious. Guess the rules are different if the woman in question is named Cindy.____________Which one?McCain?Sheehan?Crawford?Williams?"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight! Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!"--Ag

logicsound04 5 years, 11 months ago

pisawork,I feel sorry for you. Really.-I've never reported anyone to the moderators. Ask the moderators if you care so much.-I comment on mutiple topics, just as you and nearly every other poster here does. It's called a forum for people to share their opinions. Do you really think it makes sense to whine about someone's willingess to make their opinion known?-I've never said I was an expert on any subject. I'm just sharing my OPINION. Just because it makes you feel insecure does not mean that I believe I'm the end-all of debaters.-I've posted in the thousands, but then again, I've been a member for 2.5 years. If you work it out, my post-per-day average comes to about 3.5. In the three months you've been here, your post-per-day average is over 4. Who is really wasting more time?-I'm glad you think you've figured out my schedule, but you haven't seemed to notice that my posting habits are irregular. This is because my work schedule is irregular. Deal with it.-I'd love for you to cite these imaginary friends you've invented that seem to share your deluded view of reality. So far, I've seen two--balikbalik (who has been kicked off for his antisocial behavior) and bearded_gnome, who can't see past a person's political ideology to make any objective judgements.-As far as "lengthy indulgences" go, you have had your fair share. Try to be less hypocritical.

budwhysir 5 years, 11 months ago

Looky here, news that is two days old still being muled over by the side of our population with nothing better to do. Do you realize that politicians are using our tax money to make a great living? NOw here is a question for you. How can two senators with all this money, spend so much time debating and fighting about thier illusion stance on unrealistic topics and still be a successful part of your senate???????And another thing, do we have so much time to ponder on this side of the rich fence while we have an allstar athlete that went 20th in the draft picks? Think of how long you will have to work to pay for tickets to see him play. Wont be long till he makes 20 mil a year throwing a football around. And to think that our food prices are going up and a poor little piggy had to sacrafice to make that football so he could make all that money.Food for thought in our empty little tummies trying so hard to fill our starved ego of the every day life in middle life America

unklemonkey 5 years, 11 months ago

No way she can win it. She would not only have to sweep, but she'd have to win everything by 20 plus percent.

pisafromthewest 5 years, 11 months ago

Ah, logicsouse, such a poor little child. As much as I'd love to address your rather lengthy self-indulgences, somehow the idea of addessing three posts worth of a three-year-old's rantings (and you say I'm obsessive-compulsive, troll?) isn't what I had in mind for a Saturday night. Besides, the possibility of getting through the delusions of a spoiled child who really believes he's such an expert on every subject under the sun, from basketball to police procedures to the Constitution, just because daddy bought him an MBA (although I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's noticed you don't seem to be too busy during the daytime) has been demonstrated to be pointless in the extreme. I realize you'll continue to pretend you don't care, logicsouse, what others say about you ... that's why you keep whining to the moderators to have people removed who point out your feebleness, as I'm sure you'll keep trying to do with me ... and I'm sure you'll keep disappearing of the threads where several people laugh you out, then resurfacing like a slug and accusing others of doing so. And I'm sure you'll consider my boredom as capitulation, which is fine, as nothing is going to break through your monumental egotism and ruin your delusions that you're such a great debater, or that anyone besides you is impressed or even cares what you post ... even when you make posts by the thousands. As for me, I'll continue to laugh my a** off when I read your drivel, and revel in the posts of others who see you for the pompous windbag that you will always be. "Entire body of work" notwithstanding.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

Sharpton is doing everything he can to stop Obama's chance of winning.

scott3460 5 years, 11 months ago

"Maybe the parties need to start working together on serious issues instead of their own pork belly agendas."No! The parties have very different agendas - witness the last 7+ years which have gone just the way the republitraitors have intended. Working with the party of the corporate interests will get you nothing more than a $7.00/hr job, diminishing health and safety regulation and even fewer Constitutional rights and protections than the traitor bush has left you. Open your eyes, pay attention and quit letting the corporate media spoon feed you nonsense. Does Hillary have a chance? Hell yes. In fact, she stacks up far stronger on the electoral map against McCain than Obama does. A reality that rarely gets mentioned in what substitutes for news coverage in this country. It is in the interest of the media, after all, to continue the horserace story as long as they can to maximize their advertising dollars and bottom line profit. If she is able to withstand the corporate media onslaught Hillary is the only remaining candidate tough, strong and committed enough to beat McCain.

solsken66 5 years, 11 months ago

Maybe the parties need to start working together on serious issues instead of their own pork belly agendas. I am ready for a new third party instead of just donkeys and elephants. I just wonder how many Americans are tired of these political fat cats living off the taxes we pay to keep this government wheel slowly turning.

scott3460 5 years, 11 months ago

logicsound04 5 years, 11 months ago

Whoops, double-post. Damn forum.....anyway...."Tsk, looks like logicsouse 'ran away."---------------But my, you are eager to declare victory, huh? You waited all of 3.5 hours to pat yourself on the back by mocking me.Let me remind you that I never took issue with taking time to respond. I was pointing out that you often disappear never to return. You, apparently, would prefer to wait until another thread at a later date, then bring up your issues with me while commenting to another poster. If that's not passive-aggressive, then I don't know what is.========================"Now, anyone who has posted to these forums (let alone someone who's posted 3640 times) knows when you post a comment you exit the thread. "----------------Not even sure what you're talking about here. Sometimes people comment and leave, sometimes people comment and remain to have an ongoing discussion with other posters. I have done both.========================="maybe you like to take a stab at explaining how I would know a response was posted to the comment I made on exit?"-------------Um....you go back to the thread and look, exactly like you did to see that I had posted a response on this thread. You're asking questions like this and I'M the slow one? HAHA!

logicsound04 5 years, 11 months ago

"Well, when I speak to a spoiled three year old, I do have to talk down somewhat. Wouldn't want you to have to get someone to help you read the big words, after all, Mr. MBA"-Don't kid yourself, pisawork. It's not "talking down" when you're using the highest level of vocabulary you possess.=========================="My but you're full of yourself, aren't you, pompous a**? Like I really am going to come back a week later and look up old threads to see what you had to say. Now, if that's what you do (and apparently it is), maybe you need a little help for that obsessive-compulsive thing."-More namecalling. Suprise, suprise. The irony of you-who can't go 15 words without using an insult-trying to call me "childish" is extremely entertaining. Please keep it up!========================="By the way, it's not too hard to find other members that "have a problem" with you."-Maybe I wasn't clear enough the first time: so what?========================="In your deluded little pea-brain, logicsouse,. Just because you're not bright enough to see when you're being made the fool, assuming you're somehow making superior points is a bit of a stretch."-My points are superior if for no other reason than the fact that I can make them without namecalling, which is a sure sign if intellectual and emotional immaturity. I'm sure you'd stick your tongue out at me if I could see it.========================="Besides, logicsouse, if memory serves, the thread where you made your infamous little "entire body of work" comment"-And I'M the one who's obsessive-compulsive? Right.As far as anything I've said being "infamous", I doubt anyone (except you, of course) remembers or cares about anything I've said in the past on this anonymous message board. You really do need a reality check.========================="Now I'm glad I decided to look this one up"-Weren't you just whining about my supposed habit of doing this? Thought so.========================="And yes, I realize I forgot to sign notajayhawk off."-I'll reiterate my suggestion that you seek help for your anger management issues. You were so steaming to respond to me that you couldn't even make sure you were posting under your own name.

logicsound04 5 years, 11 months ago

"Well, when I speak to a spoiled three year old, I do have to talk down somewhat. Wouldn't want you to have to get someone to help you read the big words, after all, Mr. MBA"-------------Don't kid yourself, pisawork. It's not "talking down" when you're using the highest level of vocabulary you possess.=========================="My but you're full of yourself, aren't you, pompous a**? Like I really am going to come back a week later and look up old threads to see what you had to say. Now, if that's what you do (and apparently it is), maybe you need a little help for that obsessive-compulsive thing."-------------More namecalling. Suprise, suprise. The irony of you--who can't go 15 words without using an insult--trying to call me "childish" is extremely entertaining. Please keep it up!========================="By the way, it's not too hard to find other members that "have a problem" with you."-------------Maybe I wasn't clear enough the first time: so what?========================="In your deluded little pea-brain, logicsouse,. Just because you're not bright enough to see when you're being made the fool, assuming you're somehow making superior points is a bit of a stretch."-------------My points are superior if for no other reason than the fact that I can make them without namecalling, which is a sure sign if intellectual and emotional immaturity. I'm sure you'd stick your tongue out at me if I could see it.========================="Besides, logicsouse, if memory serves, the thread where you made your infamous little "entire body of work" comment"--------------And I'M the one who's obsessive-compulsive? Right.As far as anything I've said being "infamous", I doubt anyone (except you, of course) remembers or cares about anything I've said in the past on this anonymous message board. You really do need a reality check.========================="Now I'm glad I decided to look this one up"--------------Weren't you just whining about my supposed habit of doing this? Thought so.========================="And yes, I realize I forgot to sign notajayhawk off."--------------I'll reiterate my suggestion that you seek help for your anger management issues. You were so steaming to respond to me that you couldn't even make sure you were posting under your own name.

pisafromthewest 5 years, 11 months ago

Tsk, looks like logicsouse 'ran away.'Just as well. There is one more thing about your last moronic post, logicsouse. You said "...when you comment on a thread, get a response, and NEVER return." Now, anyone who has posted to these forums (let alone someone who's posted 3640 times) knows when you post a comment you exit the thread. While it's obvious that the 'logic' part of your name is meant as a parody, maybe you like to take a stab at explaining how I would know a response was posted to the comment I made on exit? Is that even possible in what passes for 'logic' in your deluded universe, logicsouse?

pisafromthewest 5 years, 11 months ago

And yes, I realize I forgot to sign notajayhawk off. Sorry, nota. Not that he agrees with your cr*p either, logicsouse, but for some reason he's able to stomach you and refrain from responding better.

notajayhawk 5 years, 11 months ago

logicsound04 (Anonymous) says: "I counted 17 childish insults in that one post. I'd be interesting to see if you could manage that lengthy a post without the use of gradeschooler tactics."Well, when I speak to a spoiled three year old, I do have to talk down somewhat. Wouldn't want you to have to get someone to help you read the big words, after all, Mr. MBA."Please read this statement slowly and twice so that you are sure to understand it: "running away" is when you comment on a thread, get a response, and NEVER return. If your return a week later, you are still returning."My but you're full of yourself, aren't you, pompous a? Like I really am going to come back a week later and look up old threads to see what you had to say. Now, if that's what you do (and apparently it is), maybe you need a little help for that obsessive-compulsive thing."Forgive me if I put zero stock in what either has to say."Or what anyone but the amazing logicsouse has to say, apparently. Gee, another shocker. By the way, it's not too hard to find other members that "have a problem" with you."Our exchanges demonstrate otherwise."In your deluded little pea-brain, logicsouse,. Just because you're not bright enough to see when you're being made the fool, assuming you're somehow making superior points is a bit of a stretch. I'll take the word of other posters as to who drew blood."I was simply suggesting that your posts might make more sense to the audience you seem to be posturing for if you kept the topic to this thread."Translation: "Please don't bring up the idiotic statements that show my true (pompous a) colors. Yes, I said those things, but you can't hold me to them now, this is a new thread." Besides, logicsouse, if memory serves, the thread where you made your infamous little "entire body of work" comment was one where you jumped into the thread and made several posts attacking someone's posts without saying anything at all about the topic."Setting yourself up for an exit"Hardly. I know that's your favorite tactic, keep posting until the thread dies so you can claim 'victory' in your own little mind by getting the last word. But as long as you keep making an a** out of yourself, I'll keep pointing it out.Now I'm glad I decided to look this one up ... wouldn't want troll-boy to get his poor little head any more inflated by thinking he got the last word in.

logicsound04 5 years, 12 months ago

"logicsouse"---------------Hahaha! Good one. However, you might want to be careful, as my supposedly "drunk" posts have more coherency than any of your name-calling diatribes. I counted 17 childish insults in that one post. I'd be interesting to see if you could manage that lengthy a post without the use of gradeschooler tactics.================================="When someone else fails to answer in a time frame acceptable to you (in your self-appointed role as moderator), they're "running away." "----------------Good grief. I was pointing out that there is a difference between taking time to respond and never responding. I conceded that taking time is to be expected, as no one--you or myself--has time to live on the forum all the time.Please read this statement slowly and twice so that you are sure to understand it: "running away" is when you comment on a thread, get a response, and NEVER return. If your return a week later, you are still returning.=================================="BTW, troll, some reason you posted this at 1:30 in the morning when your last post was before midnight?"----------------You call me sniveling and then you moan about mere hours between posts? Hilarious.=================================="Whereas you're drawing nothing but compliments these days:"----------------Congratulations. balik balik/engagehorn/lacolonia and bearded_gnome, two liberal haters have a problem with me. The first one has been dismissed from this forum (only to return) so many times that it's not worth counting anymore. bearded_gnome thinks liberals "hate America". Forgive me if I put zero stock in what either has to say.=================================="And you don't have the intelligence to put a three-year-old in their place, little one."---------------Our exchanges demonstrate otherwise. ================================="Oh, sorry, forgot weasel-boy doesn't like it when people bring up the trash he posts to other threads. Still think everyone else is as impressed with your "entire body of work""--------------One, you are free to comb the threads in an attempt to find something to augment your substanceless rants. I was simply suggesting that your posts might make more sense to the audience you seem to be posturing for if you kept the topic to this thread.Two, I never said anyone should be impressed with anything I've said. The quote you reference--ad nauseum--was a response to your attempt to pigeonhole me into an opinion that I didn't agree with.================================="Please don't mistake my lack of a response in the future as "running away," troll. Sometimes response is simply unnecessary anyway."---------------Setting yourself up for an exit, now that your vocab of juvenile insults is drying up. Disappointing, but understandable.

overplayedhistory 5 years, 12 months ago

Two reasons she is still even in this. One: Like McInsane she and a good portion of her people feel it is her turn. Two: Old women want to see a female in the white house before they die, no matter who it is.One: First lady does not count as time put in. Know one wants the stewardess flying the plane who used her job, at the expense of passengers service, to get flying lessons. I would rather have a pilot who went to flight school first (congress, governor). Other women went into congress without being first lady first.Two: She is not a woman. She became a man the on day she took one in the gut for the sake of her political career.

Hoots 5 years, 12 months ago

None of the above. I hate Bush but I have to think this bunch isn't any better. At this point I'd rather pick someone at random walking on the sidewalk in downtown Lawrence and tell them to run this mess. The people we have running have never done anything but sling mudd in a sadbox called politics for the most part. OK...McCain flew a jet and had the Vietcon drive him Koo Koo for Co Co Puffs but that doesn't mean any one of them are qualified to do any more than file a lawsuit or work at the city landfill. These folks flat SUCK. This whole thing has gone on way too long...enough already. I can't even watch the news anymore unless its BBC or something from overseas. I've had it. Have any of them told you anything specific? No, none of them have a clue what to do.

TopJayhawk 5 years, 12 months ago

Good point Logicsound.. I don't like him either. I don't like any of them... What to do...What to do..

pisafromthewest 5 years, 12 months ago

logicsound04 (Anonymous) says: "Have you ever considered addressing your obvious anger issues?"Unlike sniveling little wuss's like you, logicsouse, I prefer to express my disdain for weasels like you, rather than hide behind your style of passive-agressive whining."Confusing threads, are we pisawork? Try to calm down and it would make it easier for you to focus and keep things straight."Oh, sorry, forgot weasel-boy doesn't like it when people bring up the trash he posts to other threads. Still think everyone else is as impressed with your "entire body of work" in the award-winning LJW message boards as you obviously are, logicsouse? Don't like it when people call attention to threads you got laughed off?"But since you bring it up, if you think I'm referring to the fact that you occasionally take extended periods to answer, I'm not."No, of course you weren't, weasel. So, let me get this straight ... when you "have had days at a time where I have not responded" it's because of "other obligations." (Finding someone to wipe your nose, probably.) When someone else fails to answer in a time frame acceptable to you (in your self-appointed role as moderator), they're "running away." You really are a pompous clown, weasel-boy. And you don't have the intelligence to put a three-year-old in their place, little one. But keep dreaming, we all have to have goals, no matter how unrealistic.BTW, troll, some reason you posted this at 1:30 in the morning when your last post was before midnight? Took you an hour and a half to come up with this response? Or were you hoping you could sneak it in too late for me to see, so you could babble on some more about me "running away?""I know I'm not the only poster who has noticed this habit of yours."Whereas you're drawing nothing but compliments these days:>>"well, Pisa, you just jousted with two of the elitist liberals on here, and drew blood.">>"And a sad, little man who writes "poly sci" knows so much more about politics than Hayek. You're cracking me up, logicsound. You couldn't be more of a joke it you tried."And that's just in the last few hours. Gee, logicsouse, not only don't you speak for the American populace, seems you don't even speak for the award-winning LJW message board members.Please don't mistake my lack of a response in the future as "running away," troll. Sometimes response is simply unnecessary anyway. Anyone can see what a jacka** you are by your own words, they don't need me pointing it out to them. Heck, they don't even have to study your "entire body of work."

logicsound04 5 years, 12 months ago

"but it's the people like you and bea that thinks that they speak for the country that I hate, not Lawrence itself"----------------Interesting that you would hate anyone for espousing an idea that you didn't like. Have you ever considered addressing your obvious anger issues?============================="I choose to go have dinner with my family rather than to stay here and read your inevitable blithering-idiot response"-------------Confusing threads, are we pisawork? Try to calm down and it would make it easier for you to focus and keep things straight.But since you bring it up, if you think I'm referring to the fact that you occasionally take extended periods to answer, I'm not. We all have lives outside of this forum and I myself have had days at a time where I have not responded due to other obligations. What I'm referring to is when you disappear from a thread and never come back after being put in your place.I wouldn't feel the need to do so if you didn't act like such a sniveling shrew whenever you make a point. I know I'm not the only poster who has noticed this habit of yours.

Sigmund 5 years, 12 months ago

I have no idea if she can still win, but it looks like no matter which candidate wins, we all will be losers. Our only hope is for all three populist and potential Panders-in-Chief to die in a tragic pig pen accident while dolling out pork and chickens for every pot.

M. Lindeman 5 years, 12 months ago

Who cares! All three of them a pretty much worthless. There isn't a rightest man left in Washington anymore. It is time to dump them all and start over.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 12 months ago

well, Pisa, you just jousted with two of the elitist liberals on here, and drew blood. nice job. indeed the bill was much more than waterboarding and would have endangered our security. speaking of which, a majority of the house, including 21 dems, support the senate compromise that the whithouse and intel chiefs approve of, to clear the problem with wiretaps. pelosi is holding this up and endangering our country in the process. this is a real world problem and nancy pelosi demorat of san francisco knows that the safety of us all is endangered by her actions; but politics is stronger than loyalty to the country.
now, on to the question, of course sHrillary could win, it is up to the superdelagates. what a wonderful exercise in democracy is the demorat party!!!we are glad she is still in the race. keep going all the way to the convention.***what she did by "staying with her man" as has been said was not at all moral or sacraficial. she knew that her political future hinged on not divorcing Bill. so, from the 60-minutes interview in 1992 to helping to attack the victims of bills abuse, I think the number is seven, she actually enabled an abuser of women. good evidence that as atty gen, bill raped a woman in arkansas. more evidence of that than anita hill's claims against justice thomas btw. libs got all up in arms about that, but regarding bill's rape, they happily turn a blind eye. some kinda feminism? Hillary has voted to protect the practice of partial birth abortion, as has barry h. o'bama. barry o'bama even voted against providing medical care to the babies of IL that happened to survive abortions. barry h. o'bama: his pastor, his church (with the killer black liberation theology), his wife who hasn't been proud of america for most of her life, and his unrepentant domestic terrorist bomber buddy. the latter, o'bama had a fundraiser in his home and his spokesman says they are friends! the domestic terrorist was quoted in an interview in the jihad times on of all days 9-11-01 that he thought they should have done more than the bombing of the pentagon and nypd hq etc.

pisafromthewest 5 years, 12 months ago

Oh, and by the way, logicsouse, I choose to go have dinner with my family rather than to stay here and read your inevitable blithering-idiot response. If you choose to interpret that as "running away," by all means let your inflated ego convince you that you're winning.

pisafromthewest 5 years, 12 months ago

Sorry, logicsouse, but it's the people like you and bea that thinks that they speak for the country that I hate, not Lawrence itself. Especially when their expertise is based on what they read in the award-winning LJW's message boards rather than having any actual experience knowledge of what the rest of the country is thinking.

budwhysir 5 years, 12 months ago

I love it, a debate on nothing at all. These people will change the rules as soon as the game is started. What they are telling you now is only what you want to hear to get them in the race. When they get there they will tell you what you want to hear to get them elected.The end of the game is when they do what they want to do and its just the opposite of what they said

logicsound04 5 years, 12 months ago

Jeez pisawork, your Lawrence-hate is oppressive. Please turn it down a notch so the rest of us can breathe.

pisafromthewest 5 years, 12 months ago

beatrice (Anonymous) says: "pisa, even if it is a "virtual dead heat" right now, it is simply because nobody is even talking about McCain or where he stands on issues, which is to say nobody is talking about how similar McCain's views for the future are to Bush's very unpopular actions on the economy and the war these past 8 years. Once the argument shifts from Dem vs. Dem to Dem vs. Rep, goodbye McSame, hello President Obama!"Just keep telling yourself that, bea, just keep telling yourself that. It will just make it so much sweeter the morning of November 5th, when you'll be too dazed to even post here, in total shock that such a large part of the country doesn't think like the fine folks in Lawrence. Like the rest of Kansas, for instance.

janeyb 5 years, 12 months ago

While I hate the GOP, I will have to think twice before putting a Democrat president with a Democrat Congress, especially Obama who is holding hands with every major liberal in the country. I like a little more check-and-balance. It will come down to VP candidates for me. I won't vote for McCain if he goes with a right-wing evangelical as a VP, even if Ted Kennedy is Obama's VP. I'll go far left before I'll go far right. We've had 8 years of far right. It sucks! How old is Colin Powell? He would be my choice for VP. Condo Rice? No way!I still think Hillary would be the better candidate. The Democrat Congress won't jump to support all her ideas, many hate her, and she has a good working relationship with many of the moderate Republicans--sorry RINOs. While black voters will vote for Hillary or Obama over McCain, the bitter white working class, especially men, will vote for McCain over Obama. The bitter white working class wasn't so bitter during the Bill Clinton years and may support Hillary. Sometimes it is more about how the candidate will operate within the current system, not about what they stand for individually.--with liberty and justice for all.

Marion Lynn 5 years, 12 months ago

Nader will be a spoiler for the DemonRats and assure a Republican victory.

beatrice 5 years, 12 months ago

McCain turning a deaf ear ... there is a joke in there somewhere, but I don't want to appear ageist. pisa, even if it is a "virtual dead heat" right now, it is simply because nobody is even talking about McCain or where he stands on issues, which is to say nobody is talking about how similar McCain's views for the future are to Bush's very unpopular actions on the economy and the war these past 8 years. Once the argument shifts from Dem vs. Dem to Dem vs. Rep, goodbye McSame, hello President Obama! (While I admire her and think she would make a great President, I don't think Senator Clinton can catch Senator Obama at this point.)

notajayhawk 5 years, 12 months ago

JohnBrown (Anonymous) says: "Eight years ago I would have voted for McCain, but not since he's turned a deaf ear to torture."Not entirely true. The bill that Senator McCain voted (correctly) to defeat was about more than waterboarding, as many have tried to paint it. It would have tied the hands of the CIA beyond what was necessary or reasonable. Rather than trying to convince you, I can only urge you to read the wording of the bill yourself.********BABBOY (Anonymous) says: "I will vote for which ever democrat wins."And therein lies the problem. I'm not going to go on at length about something I posted in another thread, I'll just link to what I already said:http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/apr/24/gop_blame/#comment_579921

JohnBrown 5 years, 12 months ago

Hillary is a liar and McCain is a flip-flopper. Eight years ago I would have voted for McCain, but not since he's turned a deaf ear to torture. Hillary flat-out LIED about the sniper fire...that's an insight into a woman who will say anything to get power.GW has proved that ANYONE can be C-I-C and at least get by.Funny, in the last democratic debate, it seemed as if Obama was the only grown-up there...actually wanting to talk about the issues while the moderators and Hillary kept kept to trivializing.

canyon_wren 5 years, 12 months ago

You make some really good points, BABBOY!

jonas 5 years, 12 months ago

number3of5 (Anonymous) says:"Women are well known for changing their minds on a mere whim, I know I'm one."I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that it might just be. . . well. . . you, did it? I admit that it can be scary to find such a deep character flaw, thus the projection on the rest of the society, but it might be something to see a therapist about or something.

conservativepunker 5 years, 12 months ago

Jeez...what a nightmare...the Screechin' Dragon Lady.....

BABBOY 5 years, 12 months ago

I agree with topjayhawk. I will vote for which ever democrat wins. I will not vote for McCain. But, Hillary has zero chances of winning this election. Moderates view her as a greedy and self centered. Moderates will decide this election. Obama had a chance a of carrying some moderates. But, good old Hilary and the old guard in the Democratic Party that supports her did a good job of destroying his momentum. So, if I am correct reading topjayhawk as being totally frustrated with the party, then I agree. I also agree with TOB. Any strong candidate could have beaten the republicans. But, in my opinion, the Clintons have cost the democrats this election and my opinion of them has been downgraded substantially. Hillary never was a strong candidate. She is too angry and scares moderates. But, she has strong contacts in the party and that is why she was able to hang on. This is not new. Bush was a weak candidate too. The demos ran old guard Gore. At that time Gore took party advice and went to the middle which cost him the election because the old guard that was telling to do that has no clue what middle American is all about. After losing, Gore moved from party main stream and got popular only after distancing from the party and becoming passionate about his main issue which is the environment. Then, the second time, they ran another party boy in Kerry. Kerry is almost bad as Dukakis was agianst senior Bush. Remember Dukakis in that stupid tank and compare with that Elmer Fud hunting outfit Kerry wore.. Now, they had a chance to run a guy who people thought was new and intriguing and could actually win in the old south. But, no they can't accept the fact that the best way to beat conservative thought is to point out how lame it is. They instead try to take some middle road which everyone smells out for the lame piece of crap that Hilary Clinton is selling right now. They would be better off just saying this is what we believe and this is what we want to try to do. But, the old guard in the party is too afraid to do that from some Post Reagan Trauma Disorder. They need to be replaced.

pisafromthewest 5 years, 12 months ago

beatrice (Anonymous) says: "It will all be sorted out, and who ever wins will trounce McCain ... There is no way America will vote for more of the McSame."Pass the crying towels out early. Down to a virtual dead heat, with both Dems plummeting:http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/national.htmlhttp://apnews.myway.com/article/20080421/D906GBF80.html

beatrice 5 years, 12 months ago

It will all be sorted out, and who ever wins will trounce McCain, since McCain is clueless on the economy (as he readily admits) and he is for continuing the war in Iraq for the next 100 years if necessary (he said so himself). While he may have some admirable qualities and liberal stances on issues like immigration, that won't be enough to win swing voters his way and will prevent hardcore we-want-to-control-your-lives social conservatives in large enough numbers to win. The attention is on the fighting among the democrats right now, since that is where a fight is. Once the attention is focused on the differences between the democrats and the republicans, then we will see McCain's popularity slide and slide and slide. He has alligned himself too closely with Bush, has flip-flopped to support Bush's economic plans, and America simply can't afford an extension of the past 8 years with McBush. The republicans had their chance, and they proved to put the self-interest of their monied backers (what Bush calls "my base") above that of the nation. America put former oil men in the White House and, low and behold, we see record profits for oil companies, all the while our nation is in a war with no end in sight, as our deficit grows and the dollar shrinks. There is no way America will vote for more of the McSame.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 12 months ago

"Women are well known for changing their minds on a mere whim, I know I'm one. Women with money behind them are the worst." - #3of5Do you live in Stepford? throws up a little in mouth

Agnostick 5 years, 12 months ago

number3of5 (Anonymous) says:"She should just get out of politics and out of the public spotlight, because her name was ruined when she stood by her philandering husband."__________Oh, I know!!! Wasn't that terrible that she tried to work through things with her husband?It would've shown so much more character, such higher moral fiber, if she'd taken the long, difficult, torturous path of calling a divorce lawyer.Really, I admire those people so much more. Like Newt Gingrich with his two divorces, or Rush Limbaugh with his three divorces? To rack up divorces like that is a true sign of strength... courage... and character.--Ag

Agnostick 5 years, 12 months ago

I think Hillary can win the nomination--that's certainly possible.If she did, however, I think McCain would win in November.I think most independent, moderate voters (the bulk of the electorate, at 40-45%) right now have the four candidates stacked in one of two ways. Either this...1) Obama2) McCain3) Clinton4) Naderor this...1) McCain2) Obama3) Clinton4) NaderAgnostickagnostick@excite.comhttp://www.uscentrist.orghttp://www.americanplan.org

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 12 months ago

I don't know...But Senator Clinton wants me to tell everyone that " she is really a nice person"

budwhysir 5 years, 12 months ago

I thought Hillary said she has already won. Does anyone have anything better to do than worry about what these politicians are doing? I do, im more concerned about what they will do when I quit buying gas for my car and start my garden. Im going to homestead some land along the river and live in a tent. Then I wont have to worry about it. No income equals no taxes. If there are no taxes, these people wouldnt have a paying job and would be like the rest of us poor little guys here. Why do we give all the power to 5% of the population

logicsound04 5 years, 12 months ago

Hillary is currently 133 delegates behind ObamaThere are 60 delegates left in play.If Hillary receives the nomination, I will never vote (D) again.

dminear60 5 years, 12 months ago

I am an Obama supporter. And as much as I want him to be the candidate on the ballot in November, I would still vote for Hillary over McCain. At least she wants to end the war in Iraq as soon as possible. McCain...not so much.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 12 months ago

"So by standing by her man and actually living the family values of no divorce and keeping the family together, you find this a liability?"What if she stayed in the marriage because she knew her career would be damaged by a divorce?

JJE007 5 years, 12 months ago

Gawd. Who even cares? What will change when the new "designated electable (com/du)plicitous politico" is named POTUS ? Not a THING!

Flap Doodle 5 years, 12 months ago

A write-in campaign for Warren G. Harding is starting to look like a better alternative.

consumer1 5 years, 12 months ago

THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR IF SHE DOES>>>>

canyon_wren 5 years, 12 months ago

"...a heartbeat away from the office she wants..."--now, THERE's a depressing thought and one that Obama and supporters must keep in mind.

blessed3x 5 years, 12 months ago

oldvet, I would be inclined to disagree with you (Hillary WILL NOT wait for 8 more years) except that something you said rang true. You said she would be "only a heartbeat away from the office she wants". That phrase got me thinking. Anyone remember Vince Foster? And what about all the others?http://www.geoffmetcalf.com/397.htmlMaybe she will run as VP.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 12 months ago

Blue -I'm with you, but LLM Jr.'s campaign never got off the ground. Talk about a champion for the people. I'm thinking '12 will be his time. He is too new with too many radically awesome platforms to stay down for long. Such as..."PUBLIC HEALTH, ENTRAPMENT, ABUSE OF AUTHORITY AND TREASONThere is some concern about disease curing, disease control and disease medicines. There is some concern about ENTRAPMENT it is a defense to most crimes that the defendant was "entrapped' into committing the act by a law enforcement officer or one acting as agent of the law enforcement officer. ABUSE OF AUTHORITY is defined as it relates to personnel. It is an arbitrary or capricious exercise of power by a military member or a federal official or employee that adversely affects the rights of any person or that result in personal gain or advantage of them. TREASON a federal crime is the only crime provided for in the united States Constitution. It is there defined as levying war against the United States, adhering to their ememies, or giving their ememies aid and comfort.(U.S. Const. art. 3, section 3, cl. 1). Where treason is made a crime under state statues, the definitions often emphasize action directed against state government. ( Cal. Penal Code section 37---treason consists of levying war against the state, adhering to its enemies, or giving ememies aid and comfort)"How can you not get behind that?

Shatt 5 years, 12 months ago

The democratic race is a perfect example of why this bi-partisan separation has happened in the US. If 2 democrats are having that difficult of a time getting along, what makes anyone think that Osama and Clinton's comments about "working side by side with republicans" is going to work? Here, we have 2 adults fighting and bickering like a couple b1tches. Its fine though. People see it. And that is why they wont win in November. Thank you Democrats, for finding a candidate even worse than your last one. Makes the Republican campaign that much easier. HAHA

oldvet 5 years, 12 months ago

I'm not sure that Hillary can win enough of the remaining states with enough margin to make up the delegate count... and I just can't see the supers going against the popular votes or the delegate votes to put Hillary in if she is still behind in both of those counts... that, I believe, would put war on the floor of the convention (and maybe in the streets), with charges of a sell-out. I also don't believe that either Obama or Hillary can carry the general election alone, but I will not be surprised if, after declaring Obama the presidential candidate, Hillary steps into the VP slot, regardless of her denials at this time. This would keep her in a strong position in DC and only a heartbeat away from the office she wants. This combined ticket could totally unite the Democrats and carry them in November.

georgeofwesternkansas 5 years, 12 months ago

To bad they didn't choose Joe Biden even I would vote for him. Hillary will win this, Clintons still own the dem party and george sorros.

blessed3x 5 years, 12 months ago

I'm just glad that the Democratic party's voting process has allowed for EVERY vote to count unlike the stolen elections of 2000 and 2004! Well...except for Michigan and since Obama pulled himself off the ticket, those votes just won't be counted. So I guess as long as the MAJORITY of the votes were counted that's what really counts. Oh...and there was that little mishap in Florida. Those voters don't count either even though both candidates were on the ticket. Besides those voters are used to being disenfranchised. So I guess as long as MOST of the votes were counted that's what really counts. Wait...there are some states that have superdelegates that are casting their vote for the candidate NOT chosen by the voters in their states, completely disregarding the will of the people.So I guess as long as SOME of the votes were counted that's what really counts. Way to go Democrats! You've screwed this up WAY more than the republicans ever could have.What will the feeling be if Hillary wins the most popular votes but loses the nomination because of uncounted votes and superdelegates? Will the same people cry fowl that bashed President Bush for "stealing" the election in Florida? "Let every vote count" was their battle cry!! Well, except when it's the DNC throwing votes in the wastepaper basket.

dminear60 5 years, 12 months ago

No. I don't think Hillary can pull it out without the super delegates and I don't think all of the superdelegates will disregard how the voters in their own states have pledged their votes. As democrats, they are still stinging from the Gore/Bush Florida fiasco so I cannot imagine they would want their candidate tainted by even the hint of a corrupt bargain.Hillary has blievability issues and trust issues. Frankly, after the sniper fire misremembering incident, I am surprised the Pennsylvanian voters cast their votes for her.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 12 months ago

She isn't winning anything. She's just feeding her ego right now.I find it amazing that the Dems have blown this election. They could have put Daffy Duck up against any Republican challenger and won in a landslide. Why can't the Dems find reasonable presidential candidates? Gore, Kerry, Obama/Clinton? There are more stiffs on their tickets than in a porn movie.Nice post, Canyon Wren.

canyon_wren 5 years, 12 months ago

enochville, nice to see your name again! I agree that it would be nice to have a woman president and I believe we are ready for one, but Hillary is definitely not THE one and could not get elected. I think Sebelius would be a good VP choice for Obama--that, too, is probably unlikely. It's certainly anyone's guess as to what will ultimately happen.

enochville 5 years, 12 months ago

If we are talking about sheer possibility, then yeah, Hillary could win if the superdelegates turn out for her. But, when we look at probability, then no, Hillary does not have much of a chance at all.I am an Obama supporter. His talk isn't empty nor is his promise of change nebulous. That is how some people want to paint him, but I challenge anyone who believes that he has not been specific to take a good hard look at his website in which he spells out his proposals.Hillary and Barack are not that different on policy proposals. The difference is I believe he can get the policies passed through Congress through bi-partisan agreement. I think it will be much more difficult for Hillary to do the same, especially if and when Republicans control either the House or Senate. What good is a bunch of good policy proposals if they never get made into law?I do trust Barack more on foreign policy. I look forward to the day when we have a woman president, but Hillary is not the right one. Heck, I'd take Governor Sebilius over Hillary anyday.

chet_larock 5 years, 12 months ago

i see others agree with me. le has been disappearded.

canyon_wren 5 years, 12 months ago

I certainly have to agree with TopJayhawk. Logicsound04--he/she (TopJayhawk)isn't saying that McCain is better; if anything, he/she sounds like a Democrat who is mightily discouraged, and is certainly not alone in that camp.Yes, I do think that Hillary can win the nomination, but in no way can she win in November if the Dems pick her. I am not sure that Obama can, either, after his comment about "bitter small town folks." As a registered Independent, I'm not fond of any of the three candidates, myself. I would be willing to bet a large sum that the Dems at the last minute will trot out Al Gore, which would also be a disaster. It is so too bad that the people who make those decisions have no clue as to what REAL people across the country want and need. Another four years (at least) down the drain, I believe.

gccs14r 5 years, 12 months ago

McCain is a marionette, sitting there waiting for PNAC to start pulling his strings.

preebo 5 years, 12 months ago

Yeah she could win, but I think the more likely scenario would be her joining the ticket as his V.P.It doesn't make sense, geographically, being they are both from "Blue States" likely to go Dem in November anyway. However, they have effectively split the core groups of the Democratic party right down the middle, so it would stand to reason in this political climate that they could destroy McCain in the fall if running together.

le 5 years, 12 months ago

If he were alive ...before I would vote for Obama (and turn our capital into the Ghetto House) I would vote for Billy Carter on his worst drunkin Billy Beer Day! Thats jackthetattoomaniac (.com)

deec 5 years, 12 months ago

"She should just get out of politics and out of the public spotlight, because her name was ruined when she stood by her philandering husband."So by standing by her man and actually living the family values of no divorce and keeping the family together, you find this a liability? What happened to the traditional religious value of forgiving and forgetting?

geppetto 5 years, 12 months ago

it doesn't matter anymore. McCain will win in Nov. 2008 and again in Nov. 2012. Thank you Hillary, we love you!

militant 5 years, 12 months ago

I'm tired of seeing our soldiers put in harm's way and paying taxes for all those nuclear weapons.We just need to send a couple of well-placed nuclear-tipped cruise missles and then the world will pipe down because they know that we're done messing around.We could use up all the virgins in Heaven in short order. Now that would be a funny headline to read in the Mecca Daily News.BTW, I do enjoy grilling all kinds of meat on the BBQ. Have a nice day everyone!

number3of5 5 years, 12 months ago

I pity the populus of the United States if someone as superficial as Hillary Clinton becomes our next president. Women are well known for changing their minds on a mere whim, I know I'm one. Women with money behind them are the worst.She should just get out of politics and out of the public spotlight, because her name was ruined when she stood by her philandering husband.

logicsound04 5 years, 12 months ago

And how does McCain talk, TopJayhawk?Perhaps not as "empty" or "silly" (whatever those descriptions mean), but certainly not reasonable either.As far as Hillary still winning the nomination...it's technically possible, but only with the assistance of the Superdelegates. That, to me, wouldn't start her presidential campaign out on the right foot--I think a lot of voters would resent having their votes superceded by political insiders and party cronies.She should bow out and throw her political clout behind Obama so that we can all avoid something that neither Clinton nor Obama want: John McCain as our next POTUS.

TopJayhawk 5 years, 12 months ago

It really doesn't matter. Neither one will win in November. Once again the Dems are going to blow a perfeclty winable election because they still don't get it, and can't provide us with a reasonable candidate. One talks empty, the other talks silly. Guess which is which? Yes, that is the problem.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 12 months ago

Yup there's hope for Hilary... hope for Hilary.Guess what that's a spin on.And sgt. I really wonder if that might just not happen in the long run. The influx of money coming may result in added impact on the supers.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 12 months ago

It would be mildly amusing if Obama won more delegates and more overall votes but lost the nomination because of the superdelegates.But no, I think the promise of nebulous change will end up winning.