Previous   Next

What are you reading?

Browse the archives

“I’m currently reading ‘Nation of Rebels,’ by Joseph Heath. It’s about how the counterculture’s philosophy openly accepts consumer culture.”

Captain from Castile,’ by Samuel Shellabarger. It takes place in Mexico in the 1500s, and it’s about a guy who ends up stabbing a local official and has to flee with his friend to the new world to find their fortune”

The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat,’ by Oliver Sacks. The guy who wrote it is a psychologist, and it’s about various patients who have cognitive abnormalities.”

Many Servants,’ by Ormonde Plater. It was recommended to me by a good friend. It’s about Christian servanthood, specifically for deacons, but it applies to Christian service in general.”

The Hobbit,’ by J.R.R. Tolkien. It was one of many books a friend left for me to read.”

Comments

Multidisciplinary 6 years ago

On the 20th I was reading "LDs of anesthesia drugs".

bearded_gnome 6 years ago

We went to see the greatest in Rap groups like Don fudgepacker and the monkeys. I am so sorry I had a misspent youth listening to Rappers like them butthey seemed to be the most convienent acts to be around. It was almost like they chased me around to see their show.There was always something fishy about their act but most always said they smelt a rat instead.I donut know. What did you do????????

riverdrifter 6 years ago

Just finished Gonzo: The Life of Hunter S. Thompson. Could've been a contender but the high life brought him down. Remember when, 10 or so years ago, he came to KU? Epic!

ChristmasCarol 6 years ago

We went to see the greatest in Rap groups like Don fudgepacker and the monkeys. I am so sorry I had a misspent youth listening to Rappers like them but they seemed to be the most convienent acts to be around. It was almost like they chased me around to see their show.There was always something fishy about their act but most always said they smelt a rat instead.I donut know. What did you do?

spacehog 6 years ago

Just the usual, the newspaper, Playboy, Hustler..........

ms_canada 6 years ago

Currently reading "Inside The Jihad" by Omar Nasiri, which is not his real name. I am only just getting into it but the introduction tells me that Omar Nasiri was a spy who inflitrated the Al Qaeda organization for several years. Very interesting story so far. He tells a whole lot about himself, where he was born, his family, where he worked, that he is Arabic and a Muslim and then he says that none of that is true except that he is muslim.

cool 6 years ago

'the myth of freedom and the way of mediation' by Chogyam Trungpashambhala classics

uhadmeatsmellthis 6 years ago

On the streeter, Jared, I pity you when you have to spell your last name for people. I have to repeat mine at least twice usually and it is not even in the same ball park as yours.

tonythetiger 6 years ago

"The man who mistook his wife for a hat" is great. It is dated but exemplifies several character sketches of people with physiological deformities and actual physical damage that can be proven. When it was written I am not sure if Catscans even existed but then most the examples that they had of survivors were dead long before the technology existed as well. Great choice.The man with the railroad spike through his head is really interesting.

bearded_gnome 6 years ago

good books in this "what are you reading.I'm reading "fisher's face." biography of british admiral, then admiral of the fleet and sea lord. well written text but could be better organized in presentation. he brought the dreadnaught to reality