Previous   Next

What did you and your friends do for fun in high school?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 20, 2008

Browse the archives

“One of my friends had a farm, so we would all go out there and run around in the corn fields, play tag and watch movies together.”

“We just walked everywhere around town and played the original Nintendo.”

“We were all pretty much dorks. We would just hang around at each other’s houses and watch movies or go the park and sit around talking.”

“Well, it was only a year ago, but we went to a lot of school events and would have get-togethers at our friends’ houses. We also like to come downtown and hang out or go shopping.”

Comments

notajayhawk 6 years, 4 months ago

Don't remember, I was usually drunk.

notajayhawk 6 years, 4 months ago

Now, when I posted that last comment, there were two ahead of me - did le pull another here-again-gone-again act?

Kat Christian 6 years, 4 months ago

The big deal 40 years ago was skipping school for a day. So we would all pile in a car and drive to Ocean City, MD for the day. (I grew up on the East Coast). If we got caught most we'd get is a day of detention, because most of the teachers did the same thing when they were in school.

maxcrabb 6 years, 4 months ago

Try to forget that we were in high school.

Gareth 6 years, 4 months ago

Playing tag? In high school?Gotta love Kansas.

jonas 6 years, 4 months ago

We drank and did drugs, and then, when my parents put on regular UA tests after finding a pipe in my room, be and my last non-druggy jerk friend played pool constantly in lieu of being in chemically-altered states. I only tell you this so you won't feel bad when I beat you at pool.

jonas 6 years, 4 months ago

put "me" on regular UA tests

labmonkey 6 years, 4 months ago

Rollin' down the street, smokin' endo, sippin' on gin and juice, laid back, with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

dminear60 6 years, 4 months ago

Are you kidding? I am not putting "that" in print and have it come back to haunt me!

killjoy 6 years, 4 months ago

designed roundabouts and traffic-calming devices for use in the future

juscin3 6 years, 4 months ago

lol@lab's comment. Thanks, now the song is stuck in my head.Um, what did I do in HS for fun....uh, well, I rather not say, my parents might read this and die of a heart attack knowin that their lil angel wasn't an angel after all. Things are better left unsaid...

gogoplata 6 years, 4 months ago

I drove trucks, broke arms, and arm wrestled.

mom_of_three 6 years, 4 months ago

What I did for fun in high school? Rode horses, hung out, and stayed out of trouble, until we started dating. Then it became a different kind of fun. I can hear my kids say "ugh, yuk" right now.

TheBurf 6 years, 4 months ago

Tuesday night, after basketball games...drunkFriday night, after basketball games....drunkSaturday night...drunk

denak 6 years, 4 months ago

Sadly, I didn't have even half as much fun as some people obviously did or pretend to have had. The wildest thing we did was play miniture golf, bowl and hung out at each other's house. The only wild thing I can remember us doing is renting a hotel and drinking for the first time (well ok, the first time for some of us) right after graduation and right before I went to basic training. Dena

JJE007 6 years, 4 months ago

I kept to myself at RocksHurt. I didn't like high school. Most of the kids in that "Prep" school simply prepped for their upcoming lifestyle. They raped and pillaged...in a tasteful and societally acceptable way, of COURSE!~) ...or of coarse...

jumpin_catfish 6 years, 4 months ago

Stuff my mother never needs to know about!

adriennerm 6 years, 4 months ago

Some of these post are really funny. Umm what did I do in high school...1. Shoplifted from Victoria Secret, only one time. Almost got caught had to run home. 2. Tried to drink with the "cool" crowd. Threw up and was teased about it for months and months3. Laughed so hard in ROTC, that I slobbed in my book. Got teased for a couple of days behind that4. Saw my first penis...we were in swim class and this boys swim trucks were very thin..that was the highlight of my year5. Cut class and went to McDonalds, mom decided to take a half day from work and caught me 6. Wore a nice white dress to the ROTC dance. While dancing, one of my breast fell out...they caught that on tape. Now i'm a big blur in the video7. Wore too much perfume, trying to impress this boy. The teacher made me take a shower in the locker room b/c I was killing everyone8. Wore bright red lipstick trying to impress the same boy, no one told me my lips looked like a bamboo's a$$all in all, I had wonderful High school years and wouldn't change anything

lubyloo 6 years, 4 months ago

We hung out at the laudrymat. The only place near my high school that served prepared food (i.e., nachos, pizza, and calzones) was a laundrymat called "LaundryLand." They also had TVs at each individual laundry station, which was a plus. If you didn't have a car, that was where you hung out. I distinctly remember walking to LaundryLand with my friends singing "Ice Ice Baby." In retrospect, I'll bet that the people who went there actually to do laundry hated us -- especially if they heard our singing!

Poon 6 years, 4 months ago

We would have wrestling matches on the hardwood floor during gym class hoping to impress the girls. Then the class would wait for someone to pull themselves up on the chin up bar. This person would get depantsed by some guy hoping to impress the girls. Then people would smash glass bottles in the shower and punch each other in the @#$%^ and kick each other in the &^%&( Then we would have wrestling matches in the boys room. We had to have spotters so nobody would accidentally crash into the urinals. All of these locker room/boys room stunts were done so guys would have stories to tell to try to impress the girls. Sometimes guys would group tackle a classmate, tie him up and throw him in the trash can in order to impress the girls. Then everybody would get into fistfights, hoping to impress the girls. Some guys would sneak up behind a girl and try to pull her scrunchie out of her hair, hoping to impress her. After school, everyone would do doughnuts on the school parking lot, hoping to impress the girls. Some guys would play the penis game in math class, hoping to impress the girls. We would sneak sodas into class so we would have something to drink (and bring a few extras for the girls, hoping to impress them).

Godot 6 years, 4 months ago

We did things our parents told us not to do.

jonas 6 years, 4 months ago

Multi, Pwy: Maybe there's a different penis game that Poon has heard of, but the one I knew is one person says penis, and the next person has to say it louder, and the next louder, etc, until someone forfeits, in which case they lose that round. I haven't ever been a part of one, so I'm not sure how well I'd actually do. My guess is not well.

Poon 6 years, 4 months ago

Multidisciplinary (Anonymous) says: Poon says:.Some guys would play the penis game in math class,:.You got me. I don't know that one.'fess up dude.Multi: Jonas is correct. What the guys in our class would do is try to determine who could say it the loudest without getting caught by the teacher. On rare occasions, if someone wanted out of class really bad, they would yell Peeeeeeeeennnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssss reallly loud.

Poon 6 years, 4 months ago

Oh yeah, and how could I forget the guys who pulled the fire alarm on the last day of class when it was pouring with rain in order to impress the girls. I don't think anybody actually evacuated...