Previous   Next

What do you think will be the happiest period of your life?

Asked at Borders, 700 N.H. on April 19, 2008

Browse the archives

“I would have to say my 40s and 50s. I’ll be in my prime, when you already know so much but still have time to live an active life.”

“I think it will be right after I have some kids, when I get to play games and sports with them before they grow up and become cynical.”

“I guess when I don’t have to work, so it’s probably going to be when I’m really old.”

“Right now. I’m 45 and pretty content. I’ve got a 6-year-old and so far everything is going good. I’ve learned that there’s more in life than obtaining objects, and I’m to a point where I can enjoy it all without the rat race.”

Comments

Frederic Gutknecht IV 6 years, 8 months ago

I've lived over five decades and can safely say that, up to this point, there are incredibly happy times throughout life. I might not recognize them except for all those horribly sad times that are scatterred about in between!~)

sgtwolverine 6 years, 8 months ago

I have no idea. Now is pretty cool, with me just having started doing photography full-time last year. But I'm guessing it'll just get better as I start making more of a living at it, so I really don't know.

trinity 6 years, 8 months ago

i don't think i can put any one over another, at this point(i'm 48). i loved my kids' growing up years, and now i'm lovin' their adult (even with drama, hah) years and my gramma-hood. work is good, etc; nope, don't think i can say what will be the happiest period of my life. all of 'em, lol!

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years, 8 months ago

each and every day. good, bad terrible, and all.

jonas 6 years, 8 months ago

Harley: You could go through a Blue Period, like Picasso did.My happiest period will likely be the 3rd.

iplaysupernintendo 6 years, 8 months ago

I hope that the happiest time in my life will be this next year after I get married. I'm 23, and getting married in August. We don't have much responsiblity right now, (no kids, graduated from college, not much debt,) and I hope that my fiance and I will be able to live it up and just enjoy being with eachother!

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 6 years, 8 months ago

sourpuss (Anonymous) says:When I win my battle with cancer.Fight the good fight, sourpuss.

RedwoodCoast 6 years, 8 months ago

I would like to think it is waiting down the dark and foggy road somewhere, but perhaps it exists only in my memory.