Previous   Next

What do you think will be the happiest period of your life?

Asked at Borders, 700 N.H. on April 19, 2008

Browse the archives

“I would have to say my 40s and 50s. I’ll be in my prime, when you already know so much but still have time to live an active life.”

“I think it will be right after I have some kids, when I get to play games and sports with them before they grow up and become cynical.”

“I guess when I don’t have to work, so it’s probably going to be when I’m really old.”

“Right now. I’m 45 and pretty content. I’ve got a 6-year-old and so far everything is going good. I’ve learned that there’s more in life than obtaining objects, and I’m to a point where I can enjoy it all without the rat race.”

Comments

RedwoodCoast 5 years, 11 months ago

I would like to think it is waiting down the dark and foggy road somewhere, but perhaps it exists only in my memory.

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 5 years, 12 months ago

sourpuss (Anonymous) says:When I win my battle with cancer.Fight the good fight, sourpuss.

iplaysupernintendo 5 years, 12 months ago

I hope that the happiest time in my life will be this next year after I get married. I'm 23, and getting married in August. We don't have much responsiblity right now, (no kids, graduated from college, not much debt,) and I hope that my fiance and I will be able to live it up and just enjoy being with eachother!

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 12 months ago

smitty just reminded me of a happy time. When my two little girls would sing, "Don't Worry Be Happy" along with Bobby on the tv. The Bobby Ferrin/Robin Williams days. good moments.

soiledbrown 5 years, 12 months ago

when my wife gets old enough to stop having hers.although i will miss the granny panties 1 week a month.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 12 months ago

I think mine was a brief time when I was in really in love. Sex was great, that man could rock my world in 4 minutes. The first one in a row that is.Or maybe it was when I was on vacation a couple of years ago, and got to be totally away from home, back with an old friend.Thinking, learning, playing. I got to be "me" for the first time in 20+ years, and it will probably be my last.

jonas 5 years, 12 months ago

Harley: You could go through a Blue Period, like Picasso did.My happiest period will likely be the 3rd.

sourpuss 5 years, 12 months ago

When I win my battle with cancer.

le 5 years, 12 months ago

Crap! its doing it again! crap!

le 5 years, 12 months ago

Cool momma I guess were on the same wave on this one!

le 5 years, 12 months ago

Cool momma...guess we are on the same wave on this one!

le 5 years, 12 months ago

Today at 3pm...I pick my kid up! Every day is a gift ! You have to take the good and the bad..cuz without bad we would have no good !

Christine Pennewell Davis 5 years, 12 months ago

each and every day. good, bad terrible, and all.

blue73harley 5 years, 12 months ago

Being a guy, I have never had a period.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 12 months ago

Oh, the question is about a "TIME" period...I don't know....

sgtwolverine 5 years, 12 months ago

I have no idea. Now is pretty cool, with me just having started doing photography full-time last year. But I'm guessing it'll just get better as I start making more of a living at it, so I really don't know.

JJE007 5 years, 12 months ago

I've lived over five decades and can safely say that, up to this point, there are incredibly happy times throughout life. I might not recognize them except for all those horribly sad times that are scatterred about in between!~)

trinity 5 years, 12 months ago

i don't think i can put any one over another, at this point(i'm 48). i loved my kids' growing up years, and now i'm lovin' their adult (even with drama, hah) years and my gramma-hood. work is good, etc; nope, don't think i can say what will be the happiest period of my life. all of 'em, lol!