Previous   Next

Do you think that Brandon Rush or Darrell Arthur will make a better professional basketball player?

Asked at Jefferson's Restaurant, 743 Mass. on April 18, 2008

Browse the archives

“I think Brandon Rush will be a really good defensive stopper and three-point shooter, and Arthur will probably be a 10- to 12-point average post guy. So I would say that Rush will be more valuable if he goes to a team that already has some scorers.”

“I think, in the long run, Arthur has more potential and will last longer. You can’t teach height. Brandon Rush has all the talent in the world, but they don’t last as long in his position as the big kids do.”

“I think Brandon Rush will. He’s got solid technique right now, and I think he’ll grow and accomplish a lot when he gets to the pros.”

“Arthur, just on height alone. There are tons of 6‘5” guys out there.”

Comments

jonas 6 years, 8 months ago

Oh, great comparison. Because, you know, they play the same position and are the same type of player and all that.

pimp11 6 years, 8 months ago

Rush will be late 1st round pick- 2nd round pick. Nothing is gauranteed in the second round; as to contracts/millions. Arthur still has a chance to come back to school. Some mock drafts have him going anywhere from 14-29th. He wants to be in the top half.......... This years draft is way to loaded. His best bet would to be come back to KU; win ANOTHER title, then be a top 10 draft pick with the gaurantees of millions!!!klahC kcoR

Franker 6 years, 8 months ago

I think they both will be no good. They were great as part of a team, but the NBA is not a team game so they both will stuggle. Brandon will be done in less than 5yrs and Arthur will sit on the bench forever. The best NBAer KU has is Darnell Jackson.

jumpin_catfish 6 years, 8 months ago

Who cares about the NBA, they're gone so as the receptionist says: next.

Alison Roberts 6 years, 8 months ago

Brandon Rush is a more developed player. I think he will do well in the NBA. Arthur, I think, should have waited another year...

sgtwolverine 6 years, 8 months ago

"the NBA is not a team game"How true.Anyway, I think they will both make better professional basketball players than I.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 8 months ago

I don't know. What's really important is who is the better cook.

dajudge 6 years, 8 months ago

I think Rush could be very good if hesteps up his game to the level of aPaul Pierce. He could play that sametype of role on a team.

labmonkey 6 years, 8 months ago

I think neither. The most valuable player from KU entering the NBA will be Sasha Kahn. Rush will eventually do a Rush-like thing and be out of the NBA in a couple years (he needs to stay the hell away from JaRon), and Arthur needs another year of college before he can make an impact. Kahn will be a reliable, back-up Center in the mold of Ostertag and will have the longest career. With the exception of Paul Pierce (and it's too early to tell with Heinrich and Gooden), Ostertag had the best NBA career of the Roy Williams era.

George_Braziller 6 years, 8 months ago

Who cares? Guys get paid millions to bounce, hit, or kick a ball and then they later end up being commentators talking about guys who get paid millions to bounce, hit, or kick a ball. What's wrong with this picture?

labmonkey 6 years, 8 months ago

I know it is frustrating...especially since one of the dumbest people ever to come out of my high school now gets paid $5 million to play baseball....but damn the whining hippies are out in force on this one.