Previous   Next

How did you submit your tax return this year?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 15, 2008

Browse the archives

“I actually haven’t yet. They’re done already, but I still have to sign it and have my accountant e-file it.”

“Online through TaxACT. My dad showed me how to e-file when I was 15, so that’s the only way I’ve ever done it. It’s easier, it’s more convenient and you get your return a lot faster.”

“I just mailed it in. I’ve never even thought about doing it another way. That’s just what I’m used to.”

“My accountant did them, so I don’t really know. I just had to sign a form that I just faxed back today.”

Comments

imastinker 6 years, 3 months ago

blue - I understand very well. I decided this year that I am basically volunteering at work (no, I'm not kidding). I make pretty much exactly what it costs me to show up at work the government doesn't think I should be able to deduct child care expenses.Just think how it'll be if Obama gets elected.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 3 months ago

I carved my return on a slab of granite & gave it to an overnight delivery service that uses ring-tailed lemurs riding antelopes.

oldvet 6 years, 3 months ago

"did"? They'll go into the mail on my way home this afternoon... not a minute too early...

sunflower_sue 6 years, 3 months ago

With a note that said: "I hope you enjoy (what would have been) my new geo-thermal heating system, you bloodsucking leeches."

Mkh 6 years, 3 months ago

Bent over, holding my ankles.

dajudge 6 years, 3 months ago

Poor Betsy, has to have an accountant do hers, since she is only a senior at a major university. Maybe when she graduates and gets her degree she'll be able to figure out how to do her own taxes and save a couple of hundred dollars.Oh, I used TurboTax again and already got my refund of which I overpayed and didn't earn any interest in the stupidist savings account there is. But I didn't have to pay extra.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 3 months ago

This year, without trepidation; I had a normal job for part of 2007, and that helped me end up with a refund. But barring some sort of major change, I will be self-employed for all of 2008, and that's going to make things interesting.

JJE007 6 years, 3 months ago

What is this...taxes...you speak of. It sounds illegal. I'll have NOTHING to do with it, I tell you!

geppetto 6 years, 3 months ago

I sent it to a nice Nigerian man. He promised me $25,000 refund. I hope to get my $25,000 wire to my bank account soon.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 3 months ago

prospector, you seem like a lad who loves to dig in the dirt. Do you work for beer?

sunflower_sue 6 years, 3 months ago

I'm thinking Betsy's acct. works for beer.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 3 months ago

If by "beer" you mean "KU hats that aren't KU colors," then you'd be right.Seriously, that's one of the things that really irks me. If you're going to wear school apparel, please make it the right color. I see people up here wearing Michigan shirts that are any colors but blue or yellow, and I just don't get it.

janeyb 6 years, 3 months ago

BigPrune 6 years, 3 months ago

I had to stop off 23rd Street because "Dirty Liberty" was doing her little dance by the street. Someone get that girl a brass pole.

notajayhawk 6 years, 3 months ago

dajudge (Anonymous) says: "I used TurboTax again and already got my refund of which I overpayed and didn't earn any interest in the stupidist savings account there is."Try adjusting your withholding.***janeyb (Anonymous) says: "Written out by hand, sent USPS, and wanting a refund by check. Make them work for it."And wait several weeks for your refund, which you could have had in a couple of days if you'd filed electronically and got your refund by direct deposit. But I guess you showed them.***Multidisciplinary (Anonymous) says: "My tax stuff went into the trash can today.I picked up the booklets, only to learn a "whole team of doctors"-disabled person" with no income (meaning no SSDI or SSI, was denied) doesn't get the tax incentive refund. "It would be interesting to find out, if you appeal your claim and it gets approved (as most do if people have the staying power to last through all the appeals), whether you can go back and claim the economic stimulus credit. And in case you didn't know, if you have any income this year, you can still claim the credit when you file your taxes next year. It's actually a one-time credit for the 2008 tax year, they're just basing it on 2007 income so they don't have to wait until people file next year to send out the checks. And I would think that if you still don't qualify this year, but your SSDI/SSI gets approved down the road, you should be able to file your 2008 tax return and claim the credit then.

bolshavik_vw 6 years, 3 months ago

Doesn't matter what happends to it. I knew someone who used to add his personal comment to the Memo Column when he wrote them out a Check for what he owed them. We will never see it. It will make some Politician Richer! And us wondering how we could of used an actual refund for a Bill getting paid.