Previous   Next

What are you reading?

Browse the archives

Planet Walker,’ by John Francis. It’s about a guy who witnessed the oil spill in ‘71 and decided to stop riding in cars and walk everywhere. He eventually decided to stop talking as well and ended up doing it for more than 20 years. It’s a really interesting read.”

Water for Elephants,’ by Sara Gruen. It’s great. It’s about a guy who was training to become a vet but runs off to join the circus. Then he’s a 90-year-old man in a nursing home looking back, and it goes back and forth from the present to the past.”

Free Lunch,’ by David Cay Johnston. It’s about how state and local governments provide too many tax benefits to the wealthy.”

The Audacity of Hope,’ by Barack Obama. It’s just about his politics, beliefs and how he wants to change America for the better.”

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,’ by J.K. Rowling. My nephew got me hooked, and I’m reading through all of them before I see any of the movies.”

Comments

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

"I Duck Every Morning" by Sir Francis Drake.

mom_of_three 6 years ago

This question actually is asked every week, but I always seem to be on the same book.

juris2007 6 years ago

LSAT Prep by Princeton Review. The Holy Bible King James version.

faceit 6 years ago

I'm working with a sorority to develop braille t-shirts for the blind. It's a long-term project because the testing process is so extensive. Sometimes there seems to be an extra dot or two. Anyway, test, test, test!

classclown 6 years ago

Seems this question gets asked about once a month. Why all the interest in what people read? Somebody keeping track?

ChristmasCarol 6 years ago

"The Doors of Perception" by Aldous Huxley. It is about the differences between what people expect to have happen and the conditionings they are accustomed to and the things that they can gain by applying sensory depravation like he does in the begining of the book.I just finished "On Morality and Religion" by Henri Bergson. It was a good read as well.