Previous   Next

Have you ever gone on a scavenger hunt?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 10, 2008

Browse the archives

“Heck yeah. Out at my dad’s house when he had a farm, my parents would set them up for us with clues and candy to find new toys or just for fun.”

“Yes. That’s the way I found my wife, on a scavenger hunt.”

“I did when I was in middle school for our church. I don’t remember much about it except that a lot of people cheated when we had to take a picture of a mannequin.”

“Yeah, for my geography class we went on a scavenger hunt around campus.”

Comments

sunflower_sue 6 years, 4 months ago

prospector, you look better in person! ;)

Dixie Jones 6 years, 4 months ago

every morning for my kids shoes when were walking out the door........

trinity 6 years, 4 months ago

heck yeah at my mom&dad's house when i was a wee one; we'd hunt&hunt for bread, fruit, candy-anything food. my parents would hide stuff extra-good, just for fun! we were all so very entertained. and, best of all? winner got to hoard ALL the stuff! too bad for them siblings that never got to eat.did i mention this was a daily affair...

sunflower_sue 6 years, 4 months ago

prospector, sure glad I'm wearing my Depends! :D

Crossfire 6 years, 4 months ago

Scavengers are easy to hunt.All you need to do is put little shiny broken things in your trash out and wait.They will swoop in and begin to pick at the refuse.Hit 'em with a spotlight and watch them run.Kinda unsporting to bait them that way, but still funny to watch them scamper away with broken junk tucked under their coats.

Ceallach 6 years, 4 months ago

Is that anything like a snipe hunt?

ForThePeople 6 years, 4 months ago

Anyone here remember the scavenger hunts the radio station used to put on back in the 80's? Can't remember what they were called, but I participated in a couple....I think one year the final clue was located in Dad Perry Park?

wifemotherslave 6 years, 4 months ago

Hey Carol: I used to own a really old Dodge Dart...but I don't remember a scavenger hunt, but again there is very little I remember back then...the timing is right though.

blessed3x 6 years, 4 months ago

Anybody remember the move "Midnight Madness" from the 80's? It was awesome, not like the crap they try to pass off as movies today. Now there was a scavenger hunt (of sorts).

H_Lecter 6 years, 4 months ago

www.geocaching.com.look up your zip codeget the coordinatesplug them in to your GPShidden treasure is everywhere

tonythetiger 6 years, 4 months ago

I went to school in Pittsburg Kansas and we had to find the rat. I found it in LeRon's window.We had to find Young Guns and it was in a pair of Travis' pants. We had to find Jake's inflatable banana and it was in a room I never found. We found Amber's panties in a bag of doritos. And we found Patty's stuffed dog in the laundry room.However we never found Mr. Jamiez's socks. We also never found Earl's grill.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 4 months ago

I've been letter boxing...kinda like H_L's goecaching, but low-tech. It was fun and good exercize.letterboxing.orgH_L, I don't think I'd want to dig up anything that you might have burried. cringe

sgtwolverine 6 years, 4 months ago

We have raccoons, and we try to kill them. Does that count as a scavenger hunt?

H_Lecter 6 years, 4 months ago

Sue, You'd love the jerky.Ever tried Two fingers Tequila? My version has three.

wifemotherslave 6 years, 4 months ago

I was too young for kiddos back then. I was still in HS. But I have heard of a lesbian mama who had a car like mine. She dated had dated someone I knew. She was not a kind woman...lol

riverdrifter 6 years, 4 months ago

Thet H_Lector is flat downright sick. I like that in a guy (or?)...