Previous   Next

Have you ever gone on a scavenger hunt?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 10, 2008

Browse the archives

“Heck yeah. Out at my dad’s house when he had a farm, my parents would set them up for us with clues and candy to find new toys or just for fun.”

“Yes. That’s the way I found my wife, on a scavenger hunt.”

“I did when I was in middle school for our church. I don’t remember much about it except that a lot of people cheated when we had to take a picture of a mannequin.”

“Yeah, for my geography class we went on a scavenger hunt around campus.”

Comments

riverdrifter 6 years ago

Thet H_Lector is flat downright sick. I like that in a guy (or?)...

cool 6 years ago

yes after college in KCMO starting from the plaza to overland park and then back to crown center. used to live near KCAI in the day.

wifemotherslave 6 years ago

I was too young for kiddos back then. I was still in HS. But I have heard of a lesbian mama who had a car like mine. She dated had dated someone I knew. She was not a kind woman...lol

ChristmasCarol 6 years ago

Hey wifemotherslave,Did one of your kids fall out of the car while it was moving near the haircut place by where Alvins used to be but The Merc is now? I went to help pick the kid up but someone yelled at me not to go near her. I was walking back from Alvin's with my groceries and the girl just plopped out of the car and skidded half way across the pavement to the haircut/ motorcycle place that used to be there.Boy, I saw that woman twice afterward at least. I do not think she took very good care of her kids.

H_Lecter 6 years ago

Sue, You'd love the jerky.Ever tried Two fingers Tequila? My version has three.

le 6 years ago

Wow...again my missing post have surfaced once again! O.K. who`s messin with my comments?Whom did I piss off!?

le 6 years ago

Yes...currently I am looking for my genitals...the 2a.m. beauty I took home last nite kidnapped my kid maker! It`s not hard 2 find (no pun intended) ...It is very large..has one eye..answers to the name of Mr. Squirts!

le 6 years ago

Can anyone help me find my Genitals?....I think the 2a.m. pretty girl i took home last night may have kidnapped my kids (kid producer that is)...It is not hard to find(no pun intended) But it will be very large and has only one eye!

le 6 years ago

Yes...I am still trying to find the comments of mine that has been missing for the last 3 days!

sunflower_sue 6 years ago

prospector, sure glad I'm wearing my Depends! :D

sunflower_sue 6 years ago

prospector, you look better in person! ;)

sunflower_sue 6 years ago

I've been letter boxing...kinda like H_L's goecaching, but low-tech. It was fun and good exercize.letterboxing.orgH_L, I don't think I'd want to dig up anything that you might have burried. cringe

BABBOY 6 years ago

Does easter eggs count?

prospector 6 years ago

Me and my homeys are always following H_Lecter. Not much hunt to it.http://www.desertusa.com/magdec97/dec_pap/du_tkvulture.html

blessed3x 6 years ago

Anybody remember the move "Midnight Madness" from the 80's? It was awesome, not like the crap they try to pass off as movies today. Now there was a scavenger hunt (of sorts).

wifemotherslave 6 years ago

Hey Carol: I used to own a really old Dodge Dart...but I don't remember a scavenger hunt, but again there is very little I remember back then...the timing is right though.

ForThePeople 6 years ago

Anyone here remember the scavenger hunts the radio station used to put on back in the 80's? Can't remember what they were called, but I participated in a couple....I think one year the final clue was located in Dad Perry Park?

blue73harley 6 years ago

Nearly every night at my house there is a scavenger hunt....where are those remote controls!?

Ceallach 6 years ago

Is that anything like a snipe hunt?

Multidisciplinary 6 years ago

Info. I'm not in the CJA, so this won't get put on the list of new blogs. Want to play with the others?http://www2.ljworld.com/weblogs/multidisciplinary/2008/apr/10/interactive-csi-lawrence-game---by-multidisciplina/

trinity 6 years ago

heck yeah at my mom&dad's house when i was a wee one; we'd hunt&hunt for bread, fruit, candy-anything food. my parents would hide stuff extra-good, just for fun! we were all so very entertained. and, best of all? winner got to hoard ALL the stuff! too bad for them siblings that never got to eat.did i mention this was a daily affair...

le 6 years ago

yea...the last 3 days..looking for my comments that have disapeared as soon as i post them! And where is that girl that came home with me at 2a.m. ....she sure was pretty..at least she was at 2a.m.

Crossfire 6 years ago

Scavengers are easy to hunt.All you need to do is put little shiny broken things in your trash out and wait.They will swoop in and begin to pick at the refuse.Hit 'em with a spotlight and watch them run.Kinda unsporting to bait them that way, but still funny to watch them scamper away with broken junk tucked under their coats.

H_Lecter 6 years ago

www.geocaching.com.look up your zip codeget the coordinatesplug them in to your GPShidden treasure is everywhere

Dixie Jones 6 years ago

every morning for my kids shoes when were walking out the door........

ChristmasCarol 6 years ago

I was part of one back in 1992. I found a monkey painted on a mailbox. They said it was named after some dude a long time ago in Lawrence. They called it Mickey. I am not sure but it looked like the Donkey Kong character. I was not sure about what all else I was suppose to have found but there was this girl driving an old green Dodge Dart and she had real questionable behavior. It was almost like she stole something from our scavenger hunt.

tonythetiger 6 years ago

I went to school in Pittsburg Kansas and we had to find the rat. I found it in LeRon's window.We had to find Young Guns and it was in a pair of Travis' pants. We had to find Jake's inflatable banana and it was in a room I never found. We found Amber's panties in a bag of doritos. And we found Patty's stuffed dog in the laundry room.However we never found Mr. Jamiez's socks. We also never found Earl's grill.

Multidisciplinary 6 years ago

My whole house is a scavenger hunt, since the workman moved everything a year ago.I make of list of what I need to do, and I spent the next two months looking for the things I know I own that I need to do the task.Anyone seen my electric curlers? The mop? My other pair of sweats? I've been able to find 1, count it 1 pair of long pants for this last winter.

sgtwolverine 6 years ago

We have raccoons, and we try to kill them. Does that count as a scavenger hunt?