Previous   Next

What job would you want if you joined the circus?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 8, 2008

Browse the archives

“I would want to be a lion tamer. I like the idea of overcoming trepidation in the form of fangs and claws.”

“A trapeze artist because I’m flexible, I’d get to wear spandex, and I would get to fulfill my lifelong dream of flying.”

“Put me down for lion tamer. I think it’s the whip. If I’m going to be eaten, at least I’ll have a cool accessory.”

“The human cannonball, just for the thrill.”

Comments

coolmarv 6 years ago

I want to be the other trapeze artist.. A trapeze artist because I'm flexible, I'd get to wear spandex, and I would get to fulfill my lifelong dream of flying."- Jaclyn Howell, KU graduate student, Edina, Minn.

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years ago

I want to be the one that gets the molney to keep. guess that would be owner.

Godot 6 years ago

I'd like to be the one who gets paid the most.

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

Sgt: I think the site was just overloaded today. I had the same problem and when I kept trying to make a post it kept kicking me out. A bit later, each of my posting efforts showed up in a row on one thead! LOL!I got all sorts of odd error messages today and I'll bet the LJW bandwidth use spiked like crazy today due to the win!

sgtwolverine 6 years ago

Okay, so both times I posted my comments, it came up with an error message that informed me the page was not available at that time, and to try back later. It lied to me! I'm going to sue!So ... uh ... sue. Can you help me out here?

cool 6 years ago

cash deposits for the owner !

BABBOY 6 years ago

Ring Master. Just sounds cool. Also, afraid of heights and that guy never leaves the ground...

sunflower_sue 6 years ago

KsChick, hit the "previous" link up top for the b ball question.

sunflower_sue 6 years ago

Gag me with a spoon!

Am I the only one getting both OTS questions?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years ago

Dang, It's been 25 years since the movie "Valley Girl" was released.

le 6 years ago

Snake handler..cuz i handle my own monsterous tattooed snake every morn!

sgtwolverine 6 years ago

KSChick, maybe they were making an oblique reference to the post-victory celebration.Also, I'm pretty sure these questions are on a one-day delay, so this question was actually asked yesterday. I expect some sort of basketball question to appear tomorrow.

sgtwolverine 6 years ago

KSChick, maybe they were making an oblique reference to the post-victory celebrations.Also, I'm pretty sure the questions are on a one-day delay, so they actually asked the question yesterday. There may be a basketball-related question tomorrow.

tonythetiger 6 years ago

Well.... I would be the Tiger of course.

Kat Christian 6 years ago

Most defintely a Clown. And I almost made it that far. I am or was a professional clown (from back East). Cutesy the Clown. I've taken classes and traveled to seminars and had the priviledge of meeting clowns from Ringling Bros Barnum and Bailey Circus. Jellybean is my all time favorite - he was so funny. His best gimmick is triping and making a puppet out of his hand using a hanky. I learned so much from him. But since I've moved here I've somewhat abandoned my clown suit and shoes. Occasionally I put them on, but it just isn't the same anymore. So toot-toot. hocus-pocus you're mother's out of focus.

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

Do not taunt Happy Fun Lion.

sgtwolverine 6 years ago

I'd like to be a lion enrager. You know, the opposite of a lion tamer. It would be extra fun if I happened to be working at the same time as the lion tamer. (Of course, as a lion enrager, I would always work on the outside of the cage.)

KSChick1 6 years ago

Really? This is the OTS question the day after we win the NCAA championship? OMG

ohjayhawk 6 years ago

I'd like to be a Tiger tamer, just like the Jayhawks were last night ;)

Pywacket 6 years ago

I'd like to wear those ballet slippers and stand on the back of a percheron while it gallops around the ring--then do the same with an elephant. But only if the critters were treated like royalty outside the ring.

sunflower_sue 6 years ago

I'd be the trapeze girl who gets trown back and forth by two buff dudes. Then, I'd do some way cool dive into the net...you know, like an octuple (?) back or something. I'd definitely get snap to make me a special pleather with spandex outfit. Nothing as garish as the one he made for Cher in that video...but something memorable.

consumer1 6 years ago

I would want to be the Head Clown of the Clinton campaign circus. Oh, that position is already filled.

JJE007 6 years ago

I'd be a roustabout who, on the side, rides his cycle in the circle of death.

trinity 6 years ago

i'd be sort of a killjoy if i joined the circus; i'd immediately begin my crusade to obliterate and never again allow those damn circus peanuts. so there.i thought circuses (circusii?) were illegal in lawrence anyways.

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

R_I, do you like movies about gladiators?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years ago

Since I have never been to a circus, I'm not really sure.I feel misty eyed when I hear "Entrance of the Gladiators", It's like a piece of childhood I missed.The same misty eyes I get when I hear "The Stripper".But I am pretty good at walking a tightrope around the spousal unit...http://home.sunlitsurf.com/~woodman/ent-glad.mid

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

snap writes:I could guess what the yesterday's "phrase of the day for unpleasant older people" was.Stillhavingawonderfulun-outedspam-freeinternetlife.

acg 6 years ago

I've always wanted to do the trapeze, the tight rope or be one of those girls that swings around by her hair.

le 6 years ago

Snake handler...I`m used to wrestling my monsterous tattooed snake every morning!

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

I want to run the Monkey House so that I could cage up that d*amned dirty ape, Beobachter!

BigPrune 6 years ago

The Guessing Guy. For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.

Multidisciplinary 6 years ago

OH NO JOKEI am Bello!If not him, I would want to be head clown. Their (B&B) head clown came up to my son, (who had just lost his big brother, and it was his first circus, but the clown didn't know this) and did a 15 minute performance, right there in the seats, one on one for my little boy. He never even looked at any others the whole time. My son was in a heavenly other world. I was so thankful. He REALLY needed that right then.