Previous   Next

What job would you want if you joined the circus?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 8, 2008

Browse the archives

“I would want to be a lion tamer. I like the idea of overcoming trepidation in the form of fangs and claws.”

“A trapeze artist because I’m flexible, I’d get to wear spandex, and I would get to fulfill my lifelong dream of flying.”

“Put me down for lion tamer. I think it’s the whip. If I’m going to be eaten, at least I’ll have a cool accessory.”

“The human cannonball, just for the thrill.”

Comments

sgtwolverine 6 years, 5 months ago

I'd like to be a lion enrager. You know, the opposite of a lion tamer. It would be extra fun if I happened to be working at the same time as the lion tamer. (Of course, as a lion enrager, I would always work on the outside of the cage.)

Godot 6 years, 5 months ago

I'd like to be the one who gets paid the most.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 5 months ago

Gag me with a spoon!

Am I the only one getting both OTS questions?

sunflower_sue 6 years, 5 months ago

KsChick, hit the "previous" link up top for the b ball question.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 5 months ago

R_I, do you like movies about gladiators?

ohjayhawk 6 years, 5 months ago

I'd like to be a Tiger tamer, just like the Jayhawks were last night ;)

Flap Doodle 6 years, 5 months ago

snap writes:I could guess what the yesterday's "phrase of the day for unpleasant older people" was.Stillhavingawonderfulun-outedspam-freeinternetlife.

KSChick1 6 years, 5 months ago

Really? This is the OTS question the day after we win the NCAA championship? OMG

Kat Christian 6 years, 5 months ago

Most defintely a Clown. And I almost made it that far. I am or was a professional clown (from back East). Cutesy the Clown. I've taken classes and traveled to seminars and had the priviledge of meeting clowns from Ringling Bros Barnum and Bailey Circus. Jellybean is my all time favorite - he was so funny. His best gimmick is triping and making a puppet out of his hand using a hanky. I learned so much from him. But since I've moved here I've somewhat abandoned my clown suit and shoes. Occasionally I put them on, but it just isn't the same anymore. So toot-toot. hocus-pocus you're mother's out of focus.

BigPrune 6 years, 5 months ago

The Guessing Guy. For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.

trinity 6 years, 5 months ago

i'd be sort of a killjoy if i joined the circus; i'd immediately begin my crusade to obliterate and never again allow those damn circus peanuts. so there.i thought circuses (circusii?) were illegal in lawrence anyways.

tonythetiger 6 years, 5 months ago

Well.... I would be the Tiger of course.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 6 years, 5 months ago

I'd be a roustabout who, on the side, rides his cycle in the circle of death.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 5 months ago

I'd be the trapeze girl who gets trown back and forth by two buff dudes. Then, I'd do some way cool dive into the net...you know, like an octuple (?) back or something. I'd definitely get snap to make me a special pleather with spandex outfit. Nothing as garish as the one he made for Cher in that video...but something memorable.

acg 6 years, 5 months ago

I've always wanted to do the trapeze, the tight rope or be one of those girls that swings around by her hair.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 5 months ago

KSChick, maybe they were making an oblique reference to the post-victory celebrations.Also, I'm pretty sure the questions are on a one-day delay, so they actually asked the question yesterday. There may be a basketball-related question tomorrow.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 5 months ago

KSChick, maybe they were making an oblique reference to the post-victory celebration.Also, I'm pretty sure these questions are on a one-day delay, so this question was actually asked yesterday. I expect some sort of basketball question to appear tomorrow.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 5 months ago

Okay, so both times I posted my comments, it came up with an error message that informed me the page was not available at that time, and to try back later. It lied to me! I'm going to sue!So ... uh ... sue. Can you help me out here?

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years, 5 months ago

I want to be the one that gets the molney to keep. guess that would be owner.

coolmarv 6 years, 5 months ago

I want to be the other trapeze artist.. A trapeze artist because I'm flexible, I'd get to wear spandex, and I would get to fulfill my lifelong dream of flying."- Jaclyn Howell, KU graduate student, Edina, Minn.