Previous   Next

If you were the gambling type, would you put your money on KU or North Carolina?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 5, 2008

Browse the archives

KU for sure. I think they’re going to pull it off. It’s all about balance, and there’s no Tyler in Team.”

“North Carolina. I’m just being truthful. I think we can beat them, but it’s going to be a tough game.””

KU, because I think their defense will definitely be able to stop Tyler Hansbrough. Without him, even though they have some other good players, there’s no way they can beat KU or any other great team.”

“I’d go with KU. This is one of the best basketball teams we’ve ever had, and North Carolina has the Sports Illustrated curse.”

Comments

dminear60 6 years, 8 months ago

I am afraid to answer this one...I don't want to jinx us.

aginglady 6 years, 8 months ago

I wonder if Gerilyn will return home from game watching to find her bags packed,with furniture, out on the lawn.She's either incredibly brave or just..young.

jonas 6 years, 8 months ago

I couldn't possibly bet on this game, because it's all going to come down to intangibles. If we bring it, we can beat them. If we don't, we're going to lose. On the other hand, neither UNC nor Memphis has had their choke game, so there's always the possibility that they'll come out cold like KU and UCLA already have.

Mylantahawk 6 years, 8 months ago

Gotta go with the Jayhawks! I love the underdog label....only WE think we can win!

aginglady 6 years, 8 months ago

cheese, the kind in the can.My sister years ago once took a dare that she couldn't fill her mouth with that canned cheddar and live through it. She nearly didn't.Since when does Pizza Hut have a delivery charge? Is this new?I normally tip extra to help drivers out with gas, etc, but if they are already charging, I feel jipped.My chinese places don't charge for delivery.

weatherguy48 6 years, 8 months ago

aginglady,As an established pizza guy, let me tell you the delivery charges are the bane of my existence. The charge goes to pizza hut, and not us. PH has had the charge for nearly a decade I think, but it increased to $2 last week. It's BS, another way to pad the ol' company wallet at the unjustified expense of the customer, and to an extent the driver that doesn't get tipped.

aginglady 6 years, 8 months ago

thanks weatherguy48.I had a feeling the money wasn't going to the drivers.Reminds me of the Starbucks lawsuit, where they were taking tips because the management, I think the shift supervisors, were also serving people. The law says management can not take a share of the tips, and that shift supers are management. To some baristas, this is going to mean $8,000 to $10,000 they get back, as I recall it said.