Previous   Next

What is your food of choice when you’re watching the game?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 2, 2008

Browse the archives

“Just some tortilla chips and cheese dip with salsa. I like to be able to snack throughout the game.”

“I’d have to say pizza and beer. It’s fast, easy and it doesn’t take you away from the game while you’re eating.”

“Anything fried as long as I have some beer. That’s the kind of food they sell at the game, so I like to eat when I’m watching at home.”

“Chips and guacamole. It’s always delicious.”

Comments

Richard Heckler 6 years, 8 months ago

Guacamole or a red onion/garlic tofu dip. Yumo with crackers.When the city gets around to funding installation of Free State Copperhead,John Brown Ale and Oatmeal Stout lines throughout the city all will be swell. Not only that the city would realize substantial return on their investment which would be an earth shattering event in and of itself.

aginglady 6 years, 8 months ago

merrill eats tofu?I guess I missed this side of him somewhere along the line.;)Two of my favorite appetizers to take to game parties are my recipes. The men wolf them down.Frozen meat/cheese raviolis, dipped in a batter of beaten egg, and a touch of milk, rolled in flour, curry,salt and pepper,then deep fried. FInger lickin square little surprise goodies!Another is egg roll wrappers, stuffed with Dillon's ham salad spread, plus a bit of heat, like chili peppers or minced ginger. Roll then fry.Wow, I miss cooking for a crowd.Pretty much the only game I have to watch at my house, is a young visitor and his guitar hero..if I have to play too, snacking isn't an option! He's young enough, he hates everything except cake!

H_Lecter 6 years, 8 months ago

The grilled flesh of some formerly living animal...did I say "formerly?"

aginglady 6 years, 8 months ago

LOL. The mate adds..homemade beans and ham..the kind with a ham hock and real beans, garlic, cornbread. That kind he loves. That's a good one for a crowd too. A whole room full of blazing saddles action. Easy cheap and you can make a big pot. Freeze leftovers.

aginglady 6 years, 8 months ago

eww H_L. You made me remember, while passing over the guy who eats wierd stuff on the travel channel, there was a market pan of what couldn't have been anything other than deep fried fetal pigs.Unbattered.

Eileen Jones 6 years, 8 months ago

trinity 6 years, 8 months ago

i can usually munch on popcorn or chips or somethin' during the first half of a 'Hawks game; however, that last game? about the last 6 minutes was spent jumping up&down, kneeling on the floor, banging head on said floor...so not alot of eatin' goin' on, then.

royalpain 6 years, 8 months ago

Grilled sirloin, potatoes, and a bottle of Van Winkle Reserve bourbon.

oldvet 6 years, 8 months ago

Cheezits... I can throw one at the screen for a bad call or bonehead play and there is no damage, no mess (thanks to the dogs).

Newcomb 6 years, 8 months ago

If at home, it's beer and a bowl of raisins and peanuts. If at the bar, it's beer, wings, and beer, all washed down with an ice-cold beer.

agtprovocateuse 6 years, 8 months ago

Vermont Street BBQ's burnt ends and several cans of PBR are the perfect game day combo.

dajudge 6 years, 8 months ago

I like "authentic" Mexican food at an "authentic" Mexican food restaurant.Or, Eye-talian food at a bistro or ristorante.Sometimes, I"ll just eat some potted meat food product right out of the can.Or, Vi-any sausages and a can of head-on sardines with a bottle of Annie Green Springs.Or, like one time in Westport, picked up a sack of pig snoot sandwiches.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 8 months ago

Saturday is my sis' b.day...so it'll probably be whatever food she's requested...no doubt lots of salty, fatty substances followed by lots of sugary, fatty substances. My mental vibe detector is picking up "Mexican food" followed by "cheesecake."

sunflower_sue 6 years, 8 months ago

dajudge, how about some nice head-cheese to go along with that? (Everything but the squeal!)

OldEnuf2BYurDad 6 years, 8 months ago

"No wonder Americans are obese. The idea that sitting immobile in front of a television requires food accompaniment is one I tried never to let my kids get used to."Chill out, Olsen twin. We're just talking about one game, not a lifestyle.Or at least some of us are just talking about one game.

jonas 6 years, 8 months ago

I prefer liquid sustenance. No need to eat.

janeyb 6 years, 8 months ago

I want pizza, but the senior fifteen dictates plain popcorn for a few weeks.

Meatwad 6 years, 8 months ago

Turkey Reuben at Johnny's. YUM. Awesome huge HD TVs too!

tonythetiger 6 years, 8 months ago

I stalk through the fields and hide in the tall grasses of the savannah. I climb the high sierras and weil through the jungle denses... I spy before me a handicapped transportation van and so as the weakest of the pack I pounce when I have the chance and then disappear into the dense forest cover to enjoy my meal. Of course I like to eat "wild game".I love eating wild game. They're grrrrrrrrrrrreeeeaaat!!!!

BrianR 6 years, 8 months ago

"Chill out, Olsen twin. We're just talking about one game, not a lifestyle."That is hilarious.

more_cowbell 6 years, 8 months ago

"Ollie Gates' original sauce"Arthur Bryant's. :-dOh... and also a jug of (Free State) beer. John Brown Ale if it's available.