Previous   Next

Are you happy that Kansas University will be playing against Roy Williams’ team in the Final Four?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 1, 2008

Browse the archives

“I definitely have mixed feelings. I can’t blame him for leaving and following his dream, so I don’t have any hard feelings, but I can see how some people would. More than anything I hope it’s a good game and that we come out on top.””

“I don’t know if I’m happy about it, but I think it will make it a lot more interesting and competitive.”

“It doesn’t matter to me whether Roy Williams is their coach or not. We’re going to beat North Carolina no matter what.”

“Very much so - as long as they win. It will be sweet revenge to see the look on his face when they lose.”

Comments

nobody1793 6 years, 8 months ago

Enh. I'm way more interested in the slack-jawed blank stare that will be on Tyler Hansbrough's face when we beat him. Go Sasha! C'mon Darnell!

Larry Bauerle 6 years, 8 months ago

To still be playing is the real thrill. I'm not sure I understand the animosity toward Roy that still exists. Time to move on. I think the Hawks will play well and it will be a great game.

trinity 6 years, 8 months ago

ROCK CHALK! i'm happy that our beloved 'Hawks are playing against anybody in the final four, roy or no roy! :) heck i'm delirious! :) and a victory, oh how sweet would that be! c'mon 'Hawks, let's just DO this! :)

acg 6 years, 8 months ago

Yes, I'm glad they're playing NC because if KS brings their A game, it's sure to be a great match up. I love a great basketball game. It's always more fun to watch than a one sided game is and NC is a formidable team. It's not about beating Roy to me, though. Everyone has to go after their own dreams and you can't live your life for others. I think it's better than Roy go to NC rather than stay here when that's not what he really wanted to do. Had he stayed, he would've become resentful and lazy and would've stopped being the awesome coach that he is. Roy gave us 15 good years. We should give him a break. Go, KS. I'm going to be rooting for you with everything I've got.

Drew_Carey 6 years, 8 months ago

I love the hawks as much as anybody, but this day is one of my favorites.Don't forget to post on the previous question for April Fools.This could be a high points day, I bet you all have some winners to tell.

Bone777 6 years, 8 months ago

Yeah, because if they weren't Davidson would be playing against Roy's team. This is a win-not lose so bad proposition. If KU wins great, if they lose, not so bad, because a classy Roy Williams gets to take his own team (not Dougherty's) to the Championship...

acoupstick 6 years, 8 months ago

They could have polled someone on the street who was actually old enough to remember when Roy coached here.

tonythetiger 6 years, 8 months ago

Roy and the hawks. What a better combination could there be? I remember back when Larry Brown was the head coach. It was never so good as nowadays. Roy does so much for our boys. How could anyone not like Roy?

jayhawkerincali 6 years, 8 months ago

Way back in '04 or '05 Lazer had a contest for the last fan standing holding signs above their heads for tickets to the Final Four. On the signs you were to write why you should go to the Final Four.My sign said "I want to watch Roy Williams LOSE"Yep. Still feel the same.