Previous   Next

What are you reading?

Browse the archives

The Worst Hard Time,’ by Timothy Egan. It’s a number of personal stories about life during the dust bowl and the conditions and agony they had to deal with.”

“I’m reading a book called ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns,’ by Khaled Hosseini. I just finished ‘The Kite Runner.’ I think I like this one better, but I’m only halfway through. It’s very beautifully written and informative.”

Atlantis Found,’ by Clive Cussler. It’s a series novel about the main character trying to find the lost city of Atlantis. It’s kind of a historical based adventure novel.”

High Fidelity,’ by Nick Hornby. It was a really fast read. It really captured me, and I just ran right through it.”

“I’ve been reading ‘The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe,’ by C. S. Lewis, since I’m teaching ‘The Chronicles of Narnia’ in class.”

Comments

bearded_gnome 6 years, 6 months ago

no, you idiot, I'm referring to tall ships...try reading.

Marion Lynn 6 years, 6 months ago

bearded_gnome:

When you mention "tallships" are you referring to sailors?

bearded_gnome 6 years, 6 months ago

[note for the confused] this above comment refers to something MSc said under "on the street...what pro athlete would you wish to date?"

bearded_gnome 6 years, 6 months ago

MSc, absolutely right about the tallships. read lots those stories. beauty, intensity, and a proximity to nature and God's providence we easily forget these days.

Ceallach 6 years, 6 months ago

"One Nation Under Gods" by Richard Abanas.

Marion Lynn 6 years, 6 months ago

Doing up again "Eaters of The Dead", by Michael Crichton, "Faster", by Jackie Stewart and "Russell Sage; The Money King" by Paul Sarnoff.

ms_canada 6 years, 6 months ago

To add to my studies of Islam, I just received from a friend two more books to read. One is The Swallows of Kabul by Yasmina Khadra. I am anxious to get to it. The other is Stolen Lives; Twenty Years In A Desert Jail. Is is by Malika Oufkir. Looks good also. But first I must finish The Nicholas Feast by Pat McIntosh, another chronicle of her 15th century detective/law student. This is the third of her books for me and they are thoroughly enjoyable.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 6 months ago

what a great list of books this time!

now reading, kipling's science fiction, now on a short story about early wireless and communication across time. his writing is certainly different from other more modern sci/fi.

nklminster 6 years, 6 months ago

Girl in Hyacinth Blue by Susan Vreeland. I read a short story by Vreeland and enjoyed it. This book sort of follows the history of a painting a the Dutch painter, Vermeer.