Previous   Next

What type of professional athlete would you most like to date?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 30, 2007

Browse the archives

“I would say a soccer player, because they get to travel around the world and they have a nice, lean physique.”

“A volleyball player. I watch a lot of women’s volleyball on TV. It’s got to be the short shorts.”

“Probably a basketball or football player. I like guys that are cocky, tall and muscular.”

“I would go for a women’s tennis player. They’re very fit, attractive and a lot of them have nice foreign accents.”

Comments

Linda Aikins 7 years, 2 months ago

Swimmers have the best bodies, but I'd have to go with the one who makes the most money.

Good morning!

Richard Heckler 7 years, 2 months ago

Debaters are sharp as a tack. Artists are so creative. Musicians are melodic. These are competitive sports that rarely receive the attention deserved ....today is the perfect example.

pace 7 years, 2 months ago

I dated a quarterback that played for the giants, he was smart and pretty and threw me up in the air when he would come to Lawrence. No one ever did that, he was nice,

ms_canada 7 years, 2 months ago

The only sport I know anything about is hockey. But, if I was young again, I would lke to date any nice man involved in horse racing or better yet, jumping. I, like pywacket, love horses. I think they are the most elegant and graceful creatures ever created by God (sorry py) My second choice for a date would be someone involved in sailing tall ships. These are the most elegant and graceful construction ever created by man. Glorious, they are!!!

Crossfire 7 years, 2 months ago

A Pole Dancer. ...now that's an athletic profession.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 2 months ago

I cringe at the thought of dating a professional athlete. They would be gone too much and I'm not groupie material. Maybe I would date them post-career...someone like Terry Bradshaw! Not much to look at but he is funny as all get out! Yeah, I'd date him. (If I didn't already have a sexy man at home, that is.)

trinity 7 years, 2 months ago

i'm with a musician. and i don't need or want anything more! :)

but...if i was to dream...it'd probably be a nascar driver, specifically junior or tony stewart or maybe i should look to the mark martin, dale jarrett type-way more my age! ;)

Fatty_McButterpants 7 years, 2 months ago

I think I'd have to go with a female fitness competitor or a swimmer.

Merrill: you have got to be joking? Art is a competitive sport? I think not. It's always the geeks that try and turn their Dungeons & Dragons, debate, and band activities into "sports that don't receive the recognition they deserve."

matahari 7 years, 2 months ago

race car driver! although I must have contempt for anything competitive!

Boxing only turns me on in one way, something about two men beating each others' brains out for no reason exemplifies how stupid it all is...

jonas 7 years, 2 months ago

The, errr, type that's named Maria Sharapova.

jonas 7 years, 2 months ago

Or a kunoichi! Is ninja a type of athlete?

(a kunoichi is a female ninja, your japanese lesson of the day)

coolmom 7 years, 2 months ago

my hubby of 16 years played high school football and college javelin that good enough for me.

Dani Davey 7 years, 2 months ago

I'm going to have to agree with Sonya...soccer players are delicious. See e.g. David Beckham.

snazzo 7 years, 2 months ago

soccer players all the way!!... though I would also accept basketball or football.

WayneKerr 7 years, 2 months ago

What about the professional burrito eating champion? She was hot!

Linda Aikins 7 years, 2 months ago

Prospector, I have no doubt that you are a GREAT piece of meat!!! ;) Oops - that sounds bad.

Race car drivers would be fun too.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 7 years, 2 months ago

Date? What the heck is a date? It sound like a contest in exploitation and I think I would lose to a professional athlete!

costello 7 years, 2 months ago

"I cringe at the thought of dating a professional athlete."

Me too. I'd only date someone who's as out-of-shape as I am!