Previous   Next

What would you like to quit your day job to do?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 3, 2007

Browse the archives

“It’s strange; I quit my day job to get a real job. I used to run a comic book store, and now I work for the man. I would go back to doing that if I could make enough money.”

Travel the world doing humanitarian work with the Red Cross.”

“Probably just spend more time with my wife and son, write and travel - in that order.”

“I would probably like to be a news broadcaster. I would like people to recognize me from TV.”

Related story

Comments

sunflower_sue 7 years, 3 months ago

Go shopping for bug eye glasses...and eat bon bons on the couch while watching some horrid soap opera...with my bug eye glasses on.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 3 months ago

I kind of already did that. Well, I didn't really quit my job; they had to let me go. But now I'm doing something I actually want to do.

nobody1793 7 years, 3 months ago

The comic store guy looks exactly like the comic book guy in the Simpsons. Ha Ha. "Worst OTS ever."

cutny 7 years, 3 months ago

bcman--or you could just continue working your day job and writing lame repsonses to OTS quesitons. That way everybody wins!

classclown 7 years, 3 months ago

Play an instrument poorly on a street corner for change.

Sigmund 7 years, 3 months ago

Next to being the political adviser for the President, I'd like to be the LJWorld's "Managing Editor for Convergence," whatever that is...

Dixie Jones 7 years, 3 months ago

i love all 3 of my jobs wouldnt wanna quit any of them but if i did i would want to be a trauma nurse/flight nurse

Kat Christian 7 years, 3 months ago

Sing my heart out to the world. Almost got started there...just too many obstacles in the way and it just wore me out. So now I just sing to myself and my grandchildren. Yahoo, not a bad deal either.

ms_canada 7 years, 3 months ago

Being a house wife is the worst job ever. What would I like to do instead? Let me think about that for a minute........... I think I would just go back to the job I had before I became a housewife/mother. I would go back to emerg. room nursing. I liked that a lot. Never a dull moment.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 7 years, 3 months ago

I would become a licensed trash recycler and explore a multitude of creative wastes of time, becoming a certifiable Lawrence Looney. In my spare time I would be a hunter/gatherer, world traveler, student of physics and talk show host or parasite. Weekends would be spent in a haze of drugs and booze. The second week of my new life would find me dead and/or living under the bridge.

chewyfally 7 years, 3 months ago

High School or Junior High band teacher (or music instructor)

Kookamooka 7 years, 3 months ago

Chewyfally! Go FOR IT!! It's not too late. Kids need band instructors who really want to be band instructors.

I love that they actually interviewed a horse jockey! That would have been MY dream job.

manyblessings 7 years, 3 months ago

Wow, I think being a housewife and stay it home mother is the best job ever. I wouldn't trade it for the world! I wish more mothers were able to stay home and work things out so they could be with their children more.

mom_of_three 7 years, 3 months ago

If I could quit my day job, I would like to stay home more and be there when my kids got home from school.
I would also like to finish my bachelor's degree, and be a historical researcher.
I don't want to write a book, but be someone who helps research it.

PatKirk 7 years, 3 months ago

What I did. Publish my book "One Touch from the Maker". http://makerstouch.typepad.com if you are interested and if LJW lets this go in.

acg 7 years, 3 months ago

Yeah I would definitely put ammo in the budget, then. :)

kneejerkreaction 7 years, 3 months ago

acg (Anonymous) says: Highly paid ass ass in.

Let's see if the LJW removes this syllabic reorganization.

acg 7 years, 3 months ago

hehee, kneejerk, you put the wrong emPHASis on the wrong syLLAble. :)