Previous   Next

How are you spending your Labor Day weekend?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 2, 2007

Browse the archives

“I’m going to be entertaining friends, eating barbecue and doing some yoga.”

“I’ll be working every single day, but I’m looking forward to the KU and Free State football games.”

“I will be spending it with family coming in from Florida and Arizona for my parents’ 50th wedding anniversary, and a friend of mine is also getting married on the same day.”

“Playing mixed doubles. I’m playing at a social event at our club and practicing with my seniors tennis team for a tournament.”

Comments

Pywacket 6 years, 7 months ago

Hahahahaha

I'm sorry--I can't get past the first guy's name. Is that for real? I wonder if he has brothers named Peter and Richard?

Other than taking politically incorrect, mindless shots at perfectly decent people, I'll be catching up on my own yard work and making some salsa.

jonas 6 years, 7 months ago

Doing homework!!!! Wooohoooo!!!!

Came back almost two weeks behind. Fun stuff.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 7 months ago

Sue, you have no idea how tempting that is. Every media outlet ever invented is spewing all sorts of hyperbole about the game, and everyone is trying to blame somebody. It got obnoxious quickly, and it's not going to stop for a while -- next Saturday at the earliest, and probably September 2008 at the midpoint. At the latest ... who knows.

Mmmm ... pie.

ms_canada 6 years, 7 months ago

I will definitely not be labouring. I shall rest from all my labour. Is that not what this weekend is all about.

Marion Lynn 6 years, 7 months ago

During the heat wave of the receeding weeks I got way behind on yard work and now have two acres which resemble a tropical jungle. I will therefore be running the tractor, the weedeater, the chainsaw and the Sawz-All when the chainsaw fails, which it will.

Murphy's Law, don't you know?

Also doing intensive training of His Largeness, Prince Izzy, as he is up to 110 lbs now and is a bit toothy in his affection. This Kiiki/Spike is now bigger than his daddy, twice the size of his mommy and just as headstrong so he can be a real handful as well as a bundle of laughs since at 16 months, he is still a puppy.

some puppy

sunflower_sue 6 years, 7 months ago

How rude to get married on Labor Day! Anyway, I'll be entertaining family.

Sgt, drive down here and I'll make some yummy dessert thingie and you'll forget all about the game...for awhile, anyway.

RI, Riding...or just watching?

sgtwolverine 6 years, 7 months ago

Being really irritated about yesterday's game.