Previous   Next

What is the best Halloween costume you’ve ever seen?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 26, 2007

Browse the archives

“Papa Smurf. It was really good. He had red shorts, blue body paint all over and a big white beard.”

“Dog the Bounty Hunter with the blond, feathered mullet, all the tools on the belt, a Hawaiian shirt and everything. He even won the contest at the party we were at.”

“It was a team effort. Twelve of us dressed up like different teams from the Legends of the Hidden Temple game show for a costume party. I was an orange iguana.”

“I would have to say it was this guy I saw at a costume party with two heads and three arms, and all of the arms were moving around like they were real. I couldn’t figure out how he did it. I guess that’s why it was the best.”

Comments

Jason Bowers-Chaika 7 years, 8 months ago

Dead Fred (Phelps). Complete with kill a F@G for Jesus picket signs and zombie make up and a noose around his neck and tire tracks on his Westboro Baptist Church Tee Shirt. The wearer had the guts to walk into a gay bar and won top prize.

jonas 7 years, 8 months ago

Inspector Gadget. That dude had just about ANYthing that you could imagine crammed into a pocket somewhere! Magnifying glass on a chain? Check. Leatherman? Check. Super-powerful mini-camera, handcuffs, extendable grabber arm, fan, cigarette lighter? Check.

juscin3 7 years, 8 months ago

LOL inmate. Your cover has been blown. Time for you to dress up as the warden (sp?)

Soapdish 7 years, 8 months ago

A friend of mine's wedding well...didn't happen. So she made the best of it and turned her already purchased wedding dress into a cake topper and carried around a cardboard groom all night long. Can't beat going as cake.

cms 7 years, 8 months ago

K-State fan complete with blackened teeth, collarless, sleevesless and stained white t-shirt under his overalls with one snap undone, a John Deere salt stained ball cap and an arm tatoo that said "I love sheep".

Second runner up was a flasher with all the fake accessories.

Bone777 7 years, 8 months ago

"Free Mammograms" This guy had a box on his head with two holes cut out in the front. The costume wasn't a winner until he convinced 'Daisy Duke' and a 'Naughty Nurse' to use it.

irnmadn88 7 years, 8 months ago

Several years ago on the front porch of Freestate...

Two people...one in an elaborate costume of an old alarm clock (this thing was huge, bigger than a marching band drum) with wires all over it...and the other as several sticks of dynomite. They were connected with a length of air hose IIRC...

Veritas 7 years, 8 months ago

The Double Dare kids running amok downtown!

Grundoon Luna 7 years, 8 months ago

Roy Horn, complete with a "kitty" attached to his neck.

Linda Aikins 7 years, 8 months ago

Two guys with rope tied from their arms to each other, with a huge cardboard boob attached to the rope between them. They were two men walking abreast.

classy

acg 7 years, 8 months ago

I saw a guy dressed as a giant (and I mean giant, like 10 feet tall) vajajay at Freaker's Ball several years ago. It was tacky but it was a very well done costume. You could tell he put a lot of love and attention into making it.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 7 years, 8 months ago

"I saw at a costume party with two heads and three arms, and all of the arms were moving around like they were real..."

Uh, that's because my three arms ARE real, you dip! 364 days a year, I'm "deformed", but on Halloween I'm "a costume". Life is cruel.

matahari 7 years, 8 months ago

my girlfriend went as a baby being born one year...omg, was it GROSS, but very funny, her head sticking out between two fake legs

Kat Christian 7 years, 8 months ago

A Borg - it was awesome and they guy really played the role to the hilt. My best was a TV while my grandson was a remote control then we met up with a record player downtown.

chemegirlie 7 years, 8 months ago

In 2001, a good friend of mine went with a t-shirt that had the word "CHAD" written really big on the front a a noose around her neck. She was a "hanging chad" from the 2000 election.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 7 years, 8 months ago

Oh, please let me finally get a post blocked!~)

ms_canada 7 years, 8 months ago

Gootsie - did you kill yourself laughing at the two abreast? That is hilarious. Someone has a great imagination.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 7 years, 8 months ago

Ceallach 7 years, 8 months ago

Logic, are you saying you find a "14-yr-old-girl-getting-peed-on" humorous?

jonas 7 years, 8 months ago

I've been thinking that the best costume would definitely be the Burger King, provided you really owned the rule, which would bar you doing any socializing, since you couldn't talk. But just run up behind people when they aren't looking and stand there until they turn around. Stand outside by a window until someone happens to look out, that sort of thing. That would be awesome. I don't have the patience to do it, I don't think, but I might try it sometime.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

babboy, I think most college football coaches are fairly easy targets for mockery; Lloyd Carr's grumpy old man personality certainly provides a target. But I'm not going to mock Carr right now; he's had his ups and downs, but the team's response to the first two games has been remarkable. On the other hand, I have no real connection to Mangino, so I'm good with leveling mockery in his direction. (As far as the team's being undefeated ... I'm withholding judgment on that until the end of the season. I'm concerned that they're not as good as their record indicates.)

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 7 years, 8 months ago

Santa Claus... the costume was so popular, he wore it the rest of the year.

terrapin2 7 years, 8 months ago

Last year one of my buddies decorated a large cardboard box like a Christmas present, with holes for his head and arms, and across the front of it he wrote: "God's gift to women!" It was hilarious enough just to look at him, but it was even more funny when he tried to drink a beer and couldn't get it past the box without spilling it all over himself! Too F'in funny!

Happy Hallow's Eve!

coolmom 7 years, 8 months ago

americorps i saw those 4 horsemen when they went through the burger king drive thru. it was awesome.

PrincessConsuelaBananaHammock 7 years, 8 months ago

When I worked at a local casino, one of our blackjack dealers was about 8 1/2 months pregnant at Halloween time - she came dressed as a nun! So wrong but oh so funny!!

angstew 7 years, 8 months ago

a few years ago i was GoGo from the first Kill Bill movie... had it down to the tee...even the asian part! As i am on the stage of the jazzhaus, for the costume contest, i swing my 4 foot ball and chain...i completely hit the back of my head with the ball. hilarious and a little embarrassing seeing as i'm supposed to be a bad ass ! BUT I WON!

Mandie Eutsler 7 years, 8 months ago

i saw a couple and thier baby dressed as a chicken, rooster, and an egg. it was awesome. a friend of mine dressed up as a turkey with some minor adjustments so he looked like a "wild turkey". that happens to be what he drank all night, and we are not quite sure what happened to the costume in the end.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 8 months ago

One year, I dressed the hubby in black and put two red bands around the bottom of his legs. One band had "N" and the other an "S." I then stuck yellow peeps all over him. (He was a chick magnet.)

riverdrifter 7 years, 8 months ago

Well, it was down at Vinland at Katz' and this chick, well, fishnet stockings and a witch's hat, ah, you know. Those were some great Halloween parties, back in the day.

ksmom 7 years, 8 months ago

My ex husband and I won a contest once. We were dressed as boobs. He's 6'8 and I'm 5'8, You know, one boob is always bigger than the other. He was (and still is) the big boob. lol

sourpuss 7 years, 8 months ago

A guy dressed as Jesus. Not a grotesque, bloody, crucified Jesus... just gold, ol' walkin' around, miracle-working Jesus. He really looked the part. I came around a corner downtown and saw him right there and I said (a bit startled) "Jesus!" and he said, "Hey."

erod0723 7 years, 8 months ago

My buddy dressed up like Frank the Rabbit from "Donnie Darko" one halloween. What made it so awesome was the fact that he made the entire costume by hand.

Rationalanimal 7 years, 8 months ago

Scariest costume: Al Gore posing as President of the United States of America.

Crossfire 7 years, 8 months ago

I had this really cool one, but Phill Kline took it away.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 7 years, 8 months ago

I had a really great outfit made by Guido and Luigi Farabutto. I wore it downtown but was immediately arrested. Cops have no fashion sense.

GretchenJP 7 years, 8 months ago

George Bush dressing up like a president.

GretchenJP 7 years, 8 months ago

I wore a really funny costume at work one year. I dressed like a vending machine. I wore all black and attached snacks to me. Then when someone gave me money for a snack I threw it on the floor. Hey, that's what vending machines do!!

Don't steal my idea.