Previous   Next

What is your favorite rainy day activity?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 18, 2007

Browse the archives

“I prefer to stay inside by the fireplace and read a book.”

“I like to work. It’s a good time for an artist to stay in and get some work done. I’m not tempted to go outside or go fishing.”

“I just like to stay home and read a book or watch a movie.”

“I like to play the guitar when it’s rainy outside. It’s definitely an acoustic day today.”

Comments

canyon_wren 7 years, 10 months ago

I love rainy days--maybe because they are few and far between here in "canyon country." I have so many outside chores much of the time, so always am pleased to be "forced" to stay inside for a change. I usually spend time sewing, or sorting and discarding stuff--organizing old photos, etc. Sometimes I just fix some popcorn and read. Too many good choices of things to do on a nice, rainy day!

ohjayhawk 7 years, 10 months ago

Rainy day? What's that? Being in an exceptional drought, that concept is completely lost on me.

jonas 7 years, 10 months ago

I think I'm with hitme. An honest answer would probably get me banninated.

Flap Doodle 7 years, 10 months ago

Using mashed potatos to make replicas of Devils Tower National Monument.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 10 months ago

Watching or photographing a sport that isn't concerned about the rain. I like football and soccer games in the rain. (I would prefer them in the snow, but that's a rarity for high school events. But two football playoff games were rainy last year.)

As far as indoor activities ... I'd be happy just watching a movie or House or something. It's just nice not to be in the rain if I don't have good reason to be.

Bone777 7 years, 10 months ago

"I just like to stay home and read a book or watch a movie."

• Michelle Andrews, nurse anesthetist, Lawrence

I don't think it is appropriate to puts someones religeous beliefs to identify them on the OTS...

ms_canada 7 years, 10 months ago

I'm with pywacket but leave out the dog, change tea to vino and I'm all set for a great day whether sunny or rainy. Incidently - we are having the best autumn that I can remember. Sunny and warm 95% of the time. Good for long walks observing natures changing colors. Just love it.

John Spencer 7 years, 10 months ago

That doesn't look like 'Massachusetts Street' that looks like Borbers. CONSPIRACY! CONSPIRACY!! CONSPIRACY!!! CONSPIRACY!!!!

jonas 7 years, 10 months ago

"ms_canada (Anonymous) says:

I'm with pywacket but leave out the dog"

Whoa! Talk like that might get YOU baninnated!

gypsy10 7 years, 10 months ago

I'm with Pywacket - minus the dog and plus a Maine Coon Cat. Oh, first a trip to the House of Cha for Bubble then follow Pywacket's instructions!

gypsy10 7 years, 10 months ago

Oops - Bubble Tea (not just Bubble) ! Maybe I have a Bubble Head today???

GretchenJP 7 years, 10 months ago

AAACK!! Katie, you scared me. Go sit in the corner, Ms. Horner.

riverdrifter 7 years, 10 months ago

I'd agree with thatgirl. Outside of that, I'd take a duck blind on a dreary November day over by Maple Hill on the Kaw. My Lab loves me...