Previous   Next

What do you think employees should do for their bosses today on Boss Day?

Asked at Checkers Foods, 2300 La. on October 16, 2007

Browse the archives

“I think they should act like the actually care about their job, just to make them happy for one day.”

“Do their job the best they can and maybe buy them lunch or something. It’s strange. I don’t usually like my boss, but I like this one.”

“I think they should thank their boss and try to point out what it is that makes them a good leader - maybe offer to buy them a drink.”

“Give them respect and some kind of treat.”

Comments

sgtwolverine 6 years, 11 months ago

I like Margaret's suggestion; I should buy myself a drink today.

jonas 6 years, 11 months ago

"Give them respect and some kind of treat."

Does bossie wanna bone? Yes, yes he does!

H_Lecter 6 years, 11 months ago

Donate a kidney in their name

or Assuming that a giving them a free vacation is too expensive, dress up as a movie character or historical figure and stay in character all day, That would be entertaining.

juscin3 6 years, 11 months ago

LOL Jonas. Thanks for starting my morning off to a good one! To answer the question, I'm not sure. My boss is kind of hard to figure out sometimes. When he is joking, he has the straight look on his face, then when he is serious sometimes, he smiles. So who knows.
You know if you do anything for them, the other employees will think you are brown nosing (sp?). So you can't win for losing...

sunflower_sue 6 years, 11 months ago

Take them to Checkers and offer to buy them anything they want from the industrial-sized canned goods section.

50YearResident 6 years, 11 months ago

Suggest that they do the "dirty work" for a change to see exactly what it involves. Then they will have more respect for your job.

acg 6 years, 11 months ago

I always bake my two bosses their favorite dessert. But these guys are more like my wards than my bosses. They're immature (you have no idea how many times I've had to tell them to stop wrestling in the office), they're funny and more like family than supervisors. I'm going to hate to have to take one of their jobs someday. :)

Kat Christian 6 years, 11 months ago

Nothing, my boss doesn't deserve any special attention, besides she doesn't offer me any on Support Staff Day.

wysiwyg69 6 years, 11 months ago

a little lov'n assuming the boss is your wife, which she always is .

Crossfire 6 years, 11 months ago

Give the Boss the day off and do a better job today than you do the rest of the year. This will prove to him and everyone around just how important he really is.

badger 6 years, 11 months ago

Jonas, your reply nearly caused a coffee-sinus airlock failure.

For Boss' Day, we're havin' breakfast tacos. I'm gonna go have one now!

Ceallach 6 years, 11 months ago

Each member of the support staff brought a different kind of treat. We now have an all day eatathon in progress, little bit of sweets, little bit of crackers and cheese, little bit of fruit. Yes, we all enjoy Boss Day.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 11 months ago

Fruitcakes are always appropriate.

Tony Kisner 6 years, 11 months ago

Comment about how they appear to have lost some weight. Inquire about how their cleaver children are doing. Tell them how under their strong leadership the department is doing a much better job of clarifying and achieving goals that deliver value to the shareholders.

Linda Aikins 6 years, 11 months ago

I have good bosses. I'm taking them to Hereford House for lunch, got them a card, and wore brown to match my nose. I love this.

deskboy04 6 years, 11 months ago

I am going to buy them a Big Mac and Large Fries.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 11 months ago

Sue, I haven't decided. I had to get up early this morning for a photo shoot (high school orchestra group shot at the beginning of school); when I got home, I went back to bed, and I just now woke up.

I think I'm going out for dinner tonight; maybe I'll have my drink then.

JJE007 6 years, 11 months ago

I think we should give our bosses a 3% cost of living increase for this one day, or a bagel, whichever is cheapest. We should also post fewer LJW comments. Uh oh. Here comes the boss. gotta go.

mom_of_three 6 years, 11 months ago

It totally depends on how the bosses' celebrate Administrative assistant day.

gccs14r 6 years, 11 months ago

DonQuipunch apparently hasn't been anywhere with truly bad service.

Calliope877 6 years, 11 months ago

If your boss is like mine...don't do a d@mn thing for the wicked banshee.

dodger 6 years, 11 months ago

I have the best boss in the world she is the best.. our office got her flowers balloons and cards which is not nearly enough.. She does so much for us thats the least we could do for her.....She is one of a kind

jonas 6 years, 11 months ago

Sorry for the coffee incident, Badger. A lol is always appreciated, though.

Crossfire 6 years, 11 months ago

Dodger has a little brown nose...

GretchenJP 6 years, 11 months ago

RETICENT_IRREVERENT (Anonymous) says:

I've successfully avoided mine all day:. So far:

DUCK! Here comes the boss!

toefungus 6 years, 11 months ago

If your boss is the grandson of the owner, buy yourself a ticket out of town.