Previous   Next

What are your plans for the KU-MU football game?

Asked at Asked at Jefferson's Restaurant, 743 Mass. on November 24, 2007

Browse the archives

“I’m taking a bus to the game at around 4:30 p.m. After the game, we’re coming back to Mass. Street to celebrate.”

“I’m going to be cheering for MU at a friend’s house in Topeka.”

“I’m picking up four of my friends, and we’re going tailgating in the parking lot before the game.”

“My neighbors and I are all going together. We’ll be there at 1:30 p.m. to make sure we get a good seat.”

Comments

canyon_wren 6 years, 9 months ago

I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to watch the game, as I was having friends over for post-Thanksgiving pie--and I don't have TV. But they came last night, so I will go with family to cut our Christmas trees today and come home to crockpot chili and watch the game at my daughter and son-in-law's tonight. I have my KU t-shirt washed and ready to wear. You will hear me howl all the way from Utah if Missouri beats us. That is unthinkable!

Flap Doodle 6 years, 9 months ago

I will be punishing myself for the sins of the white devils.

jayhawks71 6 years, 9 months ago

Reticent, it certainly can be mist and not snow at 28 degrees. It is reasonable to assume that the LJW would be reporting surface temperature. Snow forms in the atmosphere (not at the surface) when moisture in the air is LOW. Surface temperature doesn't determine rain or snow.

mizzu 6 years, 9 months ago

Every true son, so happy hearted, Skies above us are blue, There's a spirit so deep within us, Old Missouri here's to you (RAH! RAH!). When the band plays the Tiger war song, And when the fray is through, We will tramp, tramp, tramp around the Columns, With a cheer for Old Mizzou!

HIT IT! HOORAY, HURRAH, MIZZOU, MIZZOU! HOORAY, HURRAH, MIZZOU, MIZZOU! HOORAY, HURRAH, AND A BULLY FOR OLD MIZZOU, RAH! RAH! RAH! RAH! MIZZOU-RAH! MIZZOU-RAH! MIZZOU-RAH, TIGERS!

mom_of_three 6 years, 9 months ago

I will be watching the game at home, wearing my red KU t-shirt which I have worn for every game so far (superstitious remember?) with my family, and yelling at the tv like I always do.

Ceallach 6 years, 9 months ago

Helping a friend break in a new big screen HD TV :) Noshing on pizza, salad, peach cobbler and cinnamon ice cream, and cheering for the good guys, you know, the Jayhawks!! That majestic bird who rose from the ashes, fights for truth, justice, freedom and the American way! The Jayhawk, whose very existence, by contrast, serves as a constant reminder of the truly pathetic mentality of our neighbors to the east.

(I would be soooo happy if had a John Brown shirt to wear during the game.) But I'll just wear my usual evolution of the Jayhawk shirt.

Crossfire 6 years, 9 months ago

I'm at Arrowhead selling these fine "L-U-C-K F-A-W-R-E-N-C-E" t-shirts to the Colombians. They will buy anything. Dumb red-neck hillbillies...

bearded_gnome 6 years, 9 months ago

well said Ceallach: the Jayhawks!! That majestic bird who rose from the ashes, fights for truth, justice, freedom and the American way! The Jayhawk, whose very existence, by contrast, serves as a constant reminder of the truly pathetic mentality of our neighbors to the east.

looks like you better eat more pizza and cheer a little harder!

hope the qb gets his groove on and ditches the glove.

Ceallach 6 years, 8 months ago

I don't think he was allowed to get his groove on! Seems the old guys in the booth were getting their grooves on by playing vicariously from their perch. I don't understand how a qb can function never knowing what the next move will be. Poor boy must have had a thousand on-camera shots of him looking toward the sidelines with a totally blank expression.

btw, who was that mild mannered man impersonating Mangino?

redwaggoner 6 years, 8 months ago

What's a Jayhawk? What's a (MU)Tiger?

KU lost to old Mizzu>

ROCK CHALK, BOO HOO! (Citizens of Lawrence & KU crying their eyes out-(poor babies!!!!!!)

Crossfire 6 years, 8 months ago

Still proud of this years Jayhawk's. Who's going to the bowl game. Muck Fizzu. btw