Previous   Next

What are your plans for the KU-MU football game?

Asked at Asked at Jefferson's Restaurant, 743 Mass. on November 24, 2007

Browse the archives

“I’m taking a bus to the game at around 4:30 p.m. After the game, we’re coming back to Mass. Street to celebrate.”

“I’m going to be cheering for MU at a friend’s house in Topeka.”

“I’m picking up four of my friends, and we’re going tailgating in the parking lot before the game.”

“My neighbors and I are all going together. We’ll be there at 1:30 p.m. to make sure we get a good seat.”

Comments

Crossfire 6 years, 4 months ago

Still proud of this years Jayhawk's. Who's going to the bowl game. Muck Fizzu. btw

redwaggoner 6 years, 4 months ago

What's a Jayhawk? What's a (MU)Tiger?

KU lost to old Mizzu>

ROCK CHALK, BOO HOO! (Citizens of Lawrence & KU crying their eyes out-(poor babies!!!!!!)

Ceallach 6 years, 4 months ago

I don't think he was allowed to get his groove on! Seems the old guys in the booth were getting their grooves on by playing vicariously from their perch. I don't understand how a qb can function never knowing what the next move will be. Poor boy must have had a thousand on-camera shots of him looking toward the sidelines with a totally blank expression.

btw, who was that mild mannered man impersonating Mangino?

bearded_gnome 6 years, 4 months ago

well said Ceallach: the Jayhawks!! That majestic bird who rose from the ashes, fights for truth, justice, freedom and the American way! The Jayhawk, whose very existence, by contrast, serves as a constant reminder of the truly pathetic mentality of our neighbors to the east.

looks like you better eat more pizza and cheer a little harder!

hope the qb gets his groove on and ditches the glove.

Crossfire 6 years, 4 months ago

I'm at Arrowhead selling these fine "L-U-C-K F-A-W-R-E-N-C-E" t-shirts to the Colombians. They will buy anything. Dumb red-neck hillbillies...

Ceallach 6 years, 4 months ago

Helping a friend break in a new big screen HD TV :) Noshing on pizza, salad, peach cobbler and cinnamon ice cream, and cheering for the good guys, you know, the Jayhawks!! That majestic bird who rose from the ashes, fights for truth, justice, freedom and the American way! The Jayhawk, whose very existence, by contrast, serves as a constant reminder of the truly pathetic mentality of our neighbors to the east.

(I would be soooo happy if had a John Brown shirt to wear during the game.) But I'll just wear my usual evolution of the Jayhawk shirt.

The_Original_Bob 6 years, 4 months ago

Perfect football weather. Cold with a bit of wetness in the atmosphere. I'll be watching the game inside.

mom_of_three 6 years, 4 months ago

I will be watching the game at home, wearing my red KU t-shirt which I have worn for every game so far (superstitious remember?) with my family, and yelling at the tv like I always do.

hitme 6 years, 4 months ago

Mizzu posted that cute little ditty six time so far - must be really starved for attention.

OTSSweeper 6 years, 4 months ago

That song made me laugh. It sounds like something that a six year old boy would sing while wearing a pink ballerina outfit.

mizzu 6 years, 4 months ago

Every true son, so happy hearted, Skies above us are blue, There's a spirit so deep within us, Old Missouri here's to you (RAH! RAH!). When the band plays the Tiger war song, And when the fray is through, We will tramp, tramp, tramp around the Columns, With a cheer for Old Mizzou!

HIT IT! HOORAY, HURRAH, MIZZOU, MIZZOU! HOORAY, HURRAH, MIZZOU, MIZZOU! HOORAY, HURRAH, AND A BULLY FOR OLD MIZZOU, RAH! RAH! RAH! RAH! MIZZOU-RAH! MIZZOU-RAH! MIZZOU-RAH, TIGERS!

Pywacket 6 years, 4 months ago

Oh, boy~ a p*zzing-in-the-snow-contest! My favorite spectator sport!

My property was covered in a thin layer of snow this morning, with more fully-formed flakes (no, I'm not talking about you) falling gently from the sky. Unfortunately, it let up way too soon and most of it has now melted.

jayhawks71 6 years, 4 months ago

Reticent, it certainly can be mist and not snow at 28 degrees. It is reasonable to assume that the LJW would be reporting surface temperature. Snow forms in the atmosphere (not at the surface) when moisture in the air is LOW. Surface temperature doesn't determine rain or snow.

prospector 6 years, 4 months ago

The primary planning committee has developed and finalized the functions set forth to be implemented on 25-November at 01:00:00 UTC. They include, but are not limited to, turn on the television, beer, and food. The committee appropriated and acquired the articles to implement these functions. The committee could not come to a consensus for the order of the functions, but was able to resolve that the order and quantities, that which being watch, drinking, and eating, shall be dictated by the progression of the game.

That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.

Snap, speaking of white devils, did you think the article, "The man behind the sunglasses", was about Nick Danger in his Blueblockers®?

Pywacket 6 years, 4 months ago

I'll be ignoring it, as I ignore all football, but doing the worried-mom-repeated-clock-consultation thing until such time as I know my KU student son is safely back. He's going with his cousin (also a student) and several friends. They're planning to arrive at 3:00 for tailgating.

I can't imagine being out there in this cold all those hours doing nothing more energetic than eating or watching someone else run around keeping warm (i.e., being outside to ski or skate would be different).. Seems like it would be more enjoyable to just stay at cousin B's house and watch it on TV--better view, kitchen right there, pizza delivery a phone call away, no freezing fingers or toes, clean bathroo--oh, wait, college kid's house--scratch that last advantage...

But I remember the things my friends and I did at that age, with total disregard for creature comfort. That's what attending is all about--making the memory to think back on later. So I'll be ignoring the game, but enjoying the knowledge that my son is having a great time with his buds. And hoping that everyone drives with care and gets home safely, win or lose.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 4 months ago

I will be punishing myself for the sins of the white devils.

canyon_wren 6 years, 4 months ago

I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to watch the game, as I was having friends over for post-Thanksgiving pie--and I don't have TV. But they came last night, so I will go with family to cut our Christmas trees today and come home to crockpot chili and watch the game at my daughter and son-in-law's tonight. I have my KU t-shirt washed and ready to wear. You will hear me howl all the way from Utah if Missouri beats us. That is unthinkable!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 4 months ago

LJW, At 28°F thats not mist... It's snow.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 4 months ago

Since I am hardly the architect of the game... Just an observer?