Previous   Next

How important is it for KU to win the football game against Missouri?

Asked at Jefferson's Restaurant, 743 Mass. on November 23, 2007

Browse the archives

“I think it will establish them as a legitimate national contender. ESPN is still hesitant to give them the respect they deserve.”

“I think it’s going to show everyone that they’re as good as we know they are. If they can beat another top five team, they will prove it to them.”

“It’s crucial. It’s the first ranked opponent they’ve played this year besides K-State. It will be huge for Mangino, too. They’ve had a pretty easy schedule and this gives him the chance to show what he can do.”

“It keeps open the possibility for the national title. The rivalry is huge, and in this game it’s being felt on the national level because the game is getting so much attention. It’s strange to live in New York and hear people talking about the KU game.”

Comments

Flap Doodle 7 years, 1 month ago

It's very important. I don't know how I can carry on if the Jayhawks don't win. Hey, look, pancakes! (nom, nom, nom) I'm sorry, what was the question?

sunflower_sue 7 years, 1 month ago

snap, you crack me up! Thanks for the smile. (It's left-over pecan and pumpkin pie for me, though.)

How many insane people were up shopping at 4 a.m. today??? What did you buy? I can't imagine one single thing that would make me want to vacate my toasty bed...'cept maybe the pecan pie...and not at 4! Crazy, I tell you! Crazy!

jonas 7 years, 1 month ago

What scale are we using in order to determine importance?

I care in so far as I don't want MU to have this to hang over our hard in true classy fashion for the next 10 years, lacking anything else to hang over our head.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 7 years, 1 month ago

sgtwolverine 7 years, 1 month ago

Sue, I seem to recall a day you woke up extremely early...

pace 7 years, 1 month ago

What an odd question, no context. There are lost puppies out there in the world.

simpleton 7 years, 1 month ago

Will Wal-Mart be open during the game?