Previous   Next

How important is it for KU to win the football game against Missouri?

Asked at Jefferson's Restaurant, 743 Mass. on November 23, 2007

Browse the archives

“I think it will establish them as a legitimate national contender. ESPN is still hesitant to give them the respect they deserve.”

“I think it’s going to show everyone that they’re as good as we know they are. If they can beat another top five team, they will prove it to them.”

“It’s crucial. It’s the first ranked opponent they’ve played this year besides K-State. It will be huge for Mangino, too. They’ve had a pretty easy schedule and this gives him the chance to show what he can do.”

“It keeps open the possibility for the national title. The rivalry is huge, and in this game it’s being felt on the national level because the game is getting so much attention. It’s strange to live in New York and hear people talking about the KU game.”

Comments

simpleton 6 years, 5 months ago

Will Wal-Mart be open during the game?

pace 6 years, 5 months ago

What an odd question, no context. There are lost puppies out there in the world.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 5 months ago

Sue, I seem to recall a day you woke up extremely early...

prospector 6 years, 5 months ago

Jonas, to each his own. Somewhere around world peace, pecan pie, and pancakes so far.

jonas 6 years, 5 months ago

What scale are we using in order to determine importance?

I care in so far as I don't want MU to have this to hang over our hard in true classy fashion for the next 10 years, lacking anything else to hang over our head.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 5 months ago

snap, you crack me up! Thanks for the smile. (It's left-over pecan and pumpkin pie for me, though.)

How many insane people were up shopping at 4 a.m. today??? What did you buy? I can't imagine one single thing that would make me want to vacate my toasty bed...'cept maybe the pecan pie...and not at 4! Crazy, I tell you! Crazy!

JJE007 6 years, 5 months ago

prospector 6 years, 5 months ago

The world will stop for half the fans. Hopefully, it is black Sunday for the black and yellow.

You would think the Smith Center Redman would get some press around here. An undefeated team ( five years) that has scored over 100 touchdowns against 1 this season! Pretty amazing team especially since Smith Co has the highest median age residents in the state. Heck, the town doesn't even rate a Wally World.

This is what football is really about.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 5 months ago

It's very important. I don't know how I can carry on if the Jayhawks don't win. Hey, look, pancakes! (nom, nom, nom) I'm sorry, what was the question?

blue73harley 6 years, 5 months ago