Previous   Next

Should the Jayhawk football team be No. 1 in the rankings?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 13, 2007

Browse the archives

“Absolutely, because they’re unbeaten and if you look at the Big 12, it’s a really strong conference this year.”

“I think we’re ranked right where we should be ranked at No. 3. I don’t think we’re quite as good as LSU. I don’t think we should be ranked No. 1, but I think we’re doing great at No. 3.”

“Yeah. Their defense is really good and I think they should be No. 1.”

“To be honest, I’m not a fan of any football so I wouldn’t know. Being part of Lawrence, I think it’d be exciting to see a local team make it big in the nation.”

Comments

Jonathan Allison 6 years, 5 months ago

if we keep winning the ranking will take care of itself. What matters now is that we've gotten plenty of media attention. People know who we are now and we can take full advantage of that if we can win the Conference. First things first, we have to beat Iowa State, then we can start talking about a trip to the Big XII Championship. And as long as we get there, anything is possible.

laughingatallofu 6 years, 5 months ago

The question is will the coach make it to the end of the season??? MI? Stroke? or choke on gorging on a meal?

Seriously, I hope that he's healthy but, I'm sorry, but the coach is GROSSLY overweight. Coach needs to lose some serious weight. What a bad example that he sets for our younger generation (how PC is that last sentence???).

enochville 6 years, 5 months ago

KU Football is ranked right where it should be. We have had a soft schedule up to this point, but we have been performing and executing well.

My blog: http://entreated.blogspot.com

4th_grade_education 6 years, 5 months ago

Rankings are pointless until the season is over.

chapdaddy 6 years, 5 months ago

we could lose to OU, as long as we beat MU, it's a great success, no?

EasyTiger 6 years, 5 months ago

KU has an easy schedule? So does Ohio St. So does LSU. So does Oklahoma. What's your point? These teams aren't as bad as people say, Central Michigan is no push-over. And what did KU do to those cream puffs? Beat the living sh*t out of them, so who cares if they're cream puffs, we beat them like a top 5 team would. Ask Michigan how they handled Appalachian St.

How many other teams have gone unbeaten in their conference? Discounting Hawaii who doesn't matter, not a single one, not LSU, not Oregon. So don't give me this "haven't played anyone" crap, KU has won every game it's played solidly and soundly and they've looked damn good doing it. So enough already, they fully deserve the #3 ranking they have, and they'll have a chance to get to #1. Then we shall see, but until then, enough with the uninformed babble about the schedule. What do ya want 'em to do? Win 150 to 10 every game?

Jonathan_Jason_McDaniels 6 years, 5 months ago

KU has had a very soft schedule this year.......until now.

Talk to me after this Saturday.

If they don't win Saturday.........then don't talk to me.

BABBOY 6 years, 5 months ago

It is all up to them. They win out they will be national champs. Prior soft schedule is not relevent. The reason being that there last three games will not be soft and will likely be against top 5 BCS teams. MU is currently number 5. OU is number 4 and mostly likely Big 12 championship opponent. That will get them in championship game or something is seriously wrong with system. They would then play either LSU or Oregon.

That would be three big wins would pretty much seal the deal.

Now, doing it is the issue......

Gootsie 6 years, 5 months ago

Hannibal, I concur with your post. Humans must make good brain food 'cause you sure are sharp!

The_Original_Bob 6 years, 5 months ago

Don't know. 10 is pretty low. It doesn't help that the LJ World wrote seven different articles about the same topic today on essentially the same subject as the OTS question.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 5 months ago

What is the record for the fewest comments ever posted to an OTS question?

My answer: As long as we beat MU I really don't care. I gotta be able to give my nephew some crap. :D

gogoplata 6 years, 5 months ago

Why should anyone care? It doesn't matter right now. We have to win some tough games before we start to worry about the ranking. I think we can do it but its going to be tough. Go Hawks!!!

blessed3x 6 years, 5 months ago

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe KU has played any opponent with better than a .500 record nor have they played any team currently ranked in the top 40 or 50 in the nation. No, they don't deserve to be ranked No. 1. With that being said, should they beat IS and MU in regular season and go on to beat OU in the Big 12 Championship and STILL weren't ranked as No. 1, then KU would certainly have a very large reason to complain. Until then, be happy with a No. 3 ranking and concentrate on winning your games. Maybe next year will bring a stronger schedule and result in an even better KU football team. KU has coasted all year with a cream puff schedule, but has played very solid ball. Now it's time to prove the hype.

Kyle Neuer 6 years, 5 months ago

No. Soft, plush, cushiony schedule.

And I don't care a bit because it's BASKETBALL season.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 5 months ago

No. Definitely not right now. I agree with H_L's assessment.

Pywacket 6 years, 5 months ago

Football will always be No. 2 with me, if you get my drift.

Go, Band!

Flap Doodle 6 years, 5 months ago

& if not your heart, somewhere among your internal organs.

The_Original_Bob 6 years, 5 months ago

No, but they should be #1 in your hearts.

H_Lecter 6 years, 5 months ago

Not yet. We should win easily this weekend and then it really depends on everyone else's record, But, if we beat Missouri then, definitely. Assuming we do that and then beat Olkahoma in the Big 12 title game, we deserve to play for the BCS title.