Previous   Next

Should the Jayhawk football team be No. 1 in the rankings?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 13, 2007

Browse the archives

“Absolutely, because they’re unbeaten and if you look at the Big 12, it’s a really strong conference this year.”

“I think we’re ranked right where we should be ranked at No. 3. I don’t think we’re quite as good as LSU. I don’t think we should be ranked No. 1, but I think we’re doing great at No. 3.”

“Yeah. Their defense is really good and I think they should be No. 1.”

“To be honest, I’m not a fan of any football so I wouldn’t know. Being part of Lawrence, I think it’d be exciting to see a local team make it big in the nation.”

Comments

H_Lecter 7 years, 1 month ago

Not yet. We should win easily this weekend and then it really depends on everyone else's record, But, if we beat Missouri then, definitely. Assuming we do that and then beat Olkahoma in the Big 12 title game, we deserve to play for the BCS title.

enochville 7 years, 1 month ago

KU Football is ranked right where it should be. We have had a soft schedule up to this point, but we have been performing and executing well.

My blog: http://entreated.blogspot.com

Flap Doodle 7 years, 1 month ago

& if not your heart, somewhere among your internal organs.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 1 month ago

No. Definitely not right now. I agree with H_L's assessment.

Kyle Neuer 7 years, 1 month ago

No. Soft, plush, cushiony schedule.

And I don't care a bit because it's BASKETBALL season.

blessed3x 7 years, 1 month ago

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe KU has played any opponent with better than a .500 record nor have they played any team currently ranked in the top 40 or 50 in the nation. No, they don't deserve to be ranked No. 1. With that being said, should they beat IS and MU in regular season and go on to beat OU in the Big 12 Championship and STILL weren't ranked as No. 1, then KU would certainly have a very large reason to complain. Until then, be happy with a No. 3 ranking and concentrate on winning your games. Maybe next year will bring a stronger schedule and result in an even better KU football team. KU has coasted all year with a cream puff schedule, but has played very solid ball. Now it's time to prove the hype.

gogoplata 7 years, 1 month ago

Why should anyone care? It doesn't matter right now. We have to win some tough games before we start to worry about the ranking. I think we can do it but its going to be tough. Go Hawks!!!

sunflower_sue 7 years, 1 month ago

What is the record for the fewest comments ever posted to an OTS question?

My answer: As long as we beat MU I really don't care. I gotta be able to give my nephew some crap. :D

Linda Aikins 7 years, 1 month ago

Hannibal, I concur with your post. Humans must make good brain food 'cause you sure are sharp!

chapdaddy 7 years, 1 month ago

we could lose to OU, as long as we beat MU, it's a great success, no?

laughingatallofu 7 years, 1 month ago

The question is will the coach make it to the end of the season??? MI? Stroke? or choke on gorging on a meal?

Seriously, I hope that he's healthy but, I'm sorry, but the coach is GROSSLY overweight. Coach needs to lose some serious weight. What a bad example that he sets for our younger generation (how PC is that last sentence???).

Jonathan Allison 7 years, 1 month ago

if we keep winning the ranking will take care of itself. What matters now is that we've gotten plenty of media attention. People know who we are now and we can take full advantage of that if we can win the Conference. First things first, we have to beat Iowa State, then we can start talking about a trip to the Big XII Championship. And as long as we get there, anything is possible.