Previous   Next

What are you reading?

Browse the archives

“Right now I’m reading ‘With Malice Toward None,’ by Stephen B. Oates. It’s a biography about Abraham Lincoln.”

City of Tiny Lights,’ by Patrick Neate. It’s about an Indian man who lives in London, and he’s trying to find a prostitute who’s gone missing.”

“I am re-reading ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,’ by J. K. Rowling. I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to go back and see what I missed the first two times I read it.”

“I’m reading ‘How to Win Friends and Influence People,’ by Dale Carnegie. My husband and I own a small business, and I think it’s a great guide to dealing with other people and being successful in business.”

“I just finished reading ‘Seeing Redd,’ by Frank Beddor. It’s the second book in the ‘Looking Glass Wars’ series.”

Comments

riverdrifter 6 years, 5 months ago

Sorry: A Great Day To Fight Fire, Mann Gulch 1949 by Mark Matthews. Wind is blowing the Airstream around al7t ## doo u Damn 88)

riverdrifter 6 years, 5 months ago

A Great Day to Fight A Fire, Mann Gulch 1949 -by Mark Matthews.

Kathy Getto 6 years, 5 months ago

Interventions: Collaborative Planning for Students at Risk Randy Sprick

DotsLines 6 years, 5 months ago

I'm going through Tom Clancy again, currently almost finished with Debt of Honor.

Yeah, I know, big shock that I'm a Clancy fan, came from a big military family...

Marion Lynn 6 years, 5 months ago

Made_in_China:

You did it again!

I spilled my coffee!

First time we get together, I'm buying!

adriennerm 6 years, 5 months ago

Inferno by Dante Alighieri. Translated with an introduction by John Ciardi. Having an introduction before each chapter is great.

Paul R Getto 6 years, 5 months ago

Don't you have someone else to stalk? As Marion so aptly puts it - Kiss my Heinie A**

Amy Heeter 6 years, 5 months ago

Sorry you do not know what you are reading. I think it funny and perhaps you are not reading the book at all, but know you want to be popular so will let you wallow in it.. I suspect the book is a little out of your league.

Paul R Getto 6 years, 5 months ago

choke - thanks for pointing that out - we all make mistakes - some of us can admit them. BTW - owning an autographed copy of a Mailer book does not make one literate. Sorry - I know you were counting on that.

GretchenJP 6 years, 5 months ago

kansas778 (Anonymous) says:

hitme (Anonymous) says:

The Bible It is an autographed copy.

You got Charlton Heston to autograph it? awesome

snicker teehee!

kansas778 6 years, 5 months ago

hitme (Anonymous) says:

The Bible It is an autographed copy.

You got Charlton Heston to autograph it? awesome

hitme 6 years, 5 months ago

The Bible It is an autographed copy.

GretchenJP 6 years, 5 months ago

"To Ride a Silver Broomstick" by Silver Ravenwolf.

Amy Heeter 6 years, 5 months ago

I believe it is 'The Naked and the Dead' I own an autographed copy.

Marion Lynn 6 years, 5 months ago

"The Golden Age Of The American Racing Car"; a very, very rare volume published in 1966 by Bonanza, written by Griffith Borgeson, with margin notes by E.L. Cord in his handwriting and corrections by Leo Goosen and Fred Offenhauser in the back.

"Rules of the Game/Beyond the Pale" by Nicholas Mosley, son of Oswald Mosley, notorious British Nazi.

My autographed copy of "Reminiscences" by General Douglas MacArthur.

It's been an intense week!

Paul R Getto 6 years, 5 months ago

Re-reading "The Quick and the Dead" in memorium.

ms_canada 6 years, 5 months ago

I am reading Act of Mercy by Peter Trymayne. this is one of the later novels by the author in his series involving Sister Fidelma and Brother Eadulf. The series takes place in 8th century Ireland. This team of religious members of an abbey in Ireland gets involed in solving some sort of crime in each novel. This series is very good at teaching about the happenings in the 8th century in Ireland and Europe. Sister Fidelma is an advocate (lawyer) in Ireland at that time. Women enjoyed a special place in the society of Ireland which differed greatly from the rest of Europe at that time. The Irish of that time were very enlightened and held women in high esteem unlike the rest of the world. I have read several of the books in this series and love them. They are well written and very easy to read and keep your interest up all the way through.