Previous   Next

Why do you think it’s important to celebrate Veterans Day?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 11, 2007

Browse the archives

“Because there is no other way to celebrate what they contribute to serving and saving our nation.”

“To honor the memory of all those who fought for our country and defended our rights.”

“It’s really important for me because my cousin was supposed to come back from Iraq last month, but he died. It’s important to give them all the respect they deserve for their sacrifice, because I don’t think they get enough.”

“To honor people who sacrificed their time and their lives for us.”

Comments

militant 6 years, 5 months ago

I think we should set up free vacation villas for vets, especially the homeless ones. They could be somewhere warm, hmmmm, like the southern borders of Texas , New Mexico, Arizona, and California. Give them free ammo too. Let them live there as long as they desire.

ms_canada 6 years, 5 months ago

We had a wonderful celebration in church this morning for Remembrance Day as we call it here in Canada. We had a two minute silence and then the last post. We have several members of the armed forces in our congregation. I quite often hear people speak about the men and women of Canada who are serving in Afghanistan. Serving to protect our country. I ask, protect us from what. We are not being invaded. We are not at war with anyone. I ask, why do they just not say it correctly. Our young men and women are on peace keeping duty in Afghanistan. They do get involved in gun battles, true, but that is not protectng Canada. This upsets me, that they get the name of the action wrong. I do believe that they are doing an honorable thing being there, but call a spade a spade. And I do commend them and ask God to bless them and keep them safe.

Amy Heeter 6 years, 5 months ago

Just too bad this Country doesn't do more for Veterans than give them a day on the calendar. Maybe our blessed Country should gather the homeless Vets up and give them safe housing.

jumpin_catfish 6 years, 5 months ago

God bless our vets many who continue to suffer after returning home. May our government do more to support them.

OTSSweeper 6 years, 5 months ago

So the kids know that the veterans are the ones who've earned respect, not the draft dodgers who embarrass the office like clinton.

jonas 6 years, 5 months ago

Because on this day 91 years ago the lives of the troops were made substantially better, in that they were no longer getting shot at.