Previous   Next

What do you think is the biggest drinking night for students?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 8, 2007

Browse the archives

“Thursday, unless it’s a game night. That’s when they have the best drink specials.”

“I would say Tuesday. Thursday nights are big, too, but the bars I go to have cheap drinks on Tuesday nights. I guess it just depends on where you like to go.”

“Thursday. I don’t go out as much on Fridays because I want to be active and play sports or study on Saturday, but I don’t have any classes until noon on Fridays.”

“Probably Thursday. I know a lot of the girls on my floor don’t have any classes on Friday, so why not start the weekend early?”

Comments

jonas 7 years, 1 month ago

That doesn't look like Mass Street to me.

trinity 7 years, 1 month ago

i think that's it, A_A! but ya know-sometimes the fog had already settled when i went there, so who knows, lol.

oh and py you made me reminisce, with the 20-something comment! sigh i remember those days, lol.

juscin3 7 years, 1 month ago

LOL, I'm sure the parents enjoy knowing where their hard earned money goes to..."hey BettieSue, let's start saving before we have our kids, because when they go to college, they will drink it away." No wonder why the tuition is always going up! LOL

trinity 7 years, 1 month ago

i am anxiously awaiting a reply to this ots from hawklet21! ;)

Godot 7 years, 1 month ago

Samantha needs to back off the Tuesday/Thursday drinking binges. Those dark circles and lines under the eyes are awfully pronounced for someone that young.

Ceallach 7 years, 1 month ago

That is soooo Jayhawk Blvd.

Thursday starts the weekend, no doubt about it. Ashleigh, Ashleigh, do not go into the light!! Try to take your most important class in a section that includes Friday morning, at least while you are underage. We lose so many bright, promising freshmen to alcohol related complications . . . social, physical, and academic.

jumpin_catfish 7 years, 1 month ago

On the Street carefully selects the location to insure the response it desires. Do you ever see them at WalMart or on the west side? Answer: NO

Jonathan Allison 7 years, 1 month ago

I can't believe they interviewed a freshman. Somebody email this link to her parents. As for the biggest drinking night, well stop day eve was always big. Then of course there's St. Patty's day, and New Year's Eve. It's hard to say what the biggest is. You should probably just ask the people who sell alcohol when they sell the most.

staff04 7 years, 1 month ago

Whoa, it reeks of self-righteousness in here...

I'm sure none of you EVER drank before you were 21...

Godot 7 years, 1 month ago

Change the legal drinking age to 18 again; get real.

hawklet21 7 years, 1 month ago

Sunday- It's vat-'o-margaritas night at El Mezcal.

Jackalope 7 years, 1 month ago

The biggest drinking night for students in Lawrence? It has to be All night.

H_Lecter 7 years, 1 month ago

Best weekday special was ten cent draws at the Sanctuary every Tues. night.

trinity 7 years, 1 month ago

ah, i remember the sanctuary!!!

and hawklet-stay the hell outta elmer's cow!!!! ;)

Flap Doodle 7 years, 1 month ago

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning...

Grundoon Luna 7 years, 1 month ago

When I was a student it was like what Blue said.

The Hatter, The Sanctuary . . . we got some fogies up in here. Can I get me a 7th Spirit or The Stables (but I guess that became part of the Sactuary), Dirty Herbies, or Quantirll's Saloon?

FireMarshall_Bill 7 years, 1 month ago

Oh yeah...The Sanctuary. Some hot things certainly took place there. The burgers were perfect and multi-leveled deck was a great place to bond with (ahem) nature. Free tacos on Fridays too.

Grundoon Luna 7 years, 1 month ago

I didn't go to the Paladium too much, don't really recollect why that is . . .

Ugh!! Those stupid liquer cards. I knew it was a private club but since I was a minor I couldn't get a membership anyway and I was very happy the door people were either apathetic, nice, or easily swayed. Except for that one troll they had. I guess if you want to keep getting in you shouldn't let someone know how revolting you think they are. Good thing he didn't work all that often . . . or he'd be on balcony duty and I'd go in the basement.

RockyInn 7 years, 1 month ago

Making a "Mass St. run" also...G.P. Lloyd's, the Brewery,, Mother's, Fathers

trinity 7 years, 1 month ago

A_A, yup-i be a fogie! :)

remember the yuk up/yuk down?

Flap Doodle 7 years, 1 month ago

Somewhere, the sun is already below the yardarm.

Ceallach 7 years, 1 month ago

Sanctuary . . . now we're talking memories :) or even the Carriage Lamp!

Grundoon Luna 7 years, 1 month ago

Not famliar with G.P. Lloyds . . . Mother's and Father's were on Iowa though and became the Sex-Change (Exchange) and the Slime-Out (Time-Out).

Grundoon Luna 7 years, 1 month ago

Yuk Up/Down, The Gaslight and The Rock Chalk in their first incarnations were just a little before my time. My first illegal bar beer was in the Bierstube (sp).

trinity 7 years, 1 month ago

ah and who can overlook johnny's? :) and what was that one darned place off of 6th, kinda opposite where the sanctuary was...grrr memory!

and there was also the playhouse, woowoo....

Grundoon Luna 7 years, 1 month ago

Are you thinking of The Hideout, Trinity? Van Vleck's? Well, that was on 6th street.

Then there was Gammon's and Sgt. Preston's for the nouveau riches

MyName 7 years, 1 month ago

Godot says:

I think she's a doll Godot. And from what I remember, my classload always had way more effect on the amount of sleep I got than my social life. 15-18 hours of class a week => 6-7 hours of sleep a night and not much time for drinking. 12-15 hours => 7-8 hours of sleep and plenty of time for bar hopping.

And speaking as a townie who has to deal with noisy people walking home at around 2am, I'd say Thursday and Saturday Nights seem to be the biggest night for students.