Previous   Next

What are you reading?

Browse the archives

“I’m reading “The Bourne Identity,” by Robert Ludlum. It’s the first book in his Bourne series. I really enjoyed the movies, but the books give a lot more background about who he is.”

Freakonomics,’ by Steven D. Levitt. The author takes economic and statistical theories and apply them to things that they normally wouldn’t be applied to. I thought it was really good.”

“I just finished ‘An American Tragedy,’ by Theodore Dreiser. It’s about the life of a young man who falls in with the wrong crowd growing up, and despite getting a good job with his uncle’s company, is unable to keep himself out of trouble.”

“I just finished ‘A Prayer for Owen Meany,’ by John Irving. The narrator is a boy whose friend comes to believe that he is God’s instrument and develops his own belief system based on what he and his friend have witnessed.”

Haunted,’ by Chuck Palahniuk. It’s about a group of writers who sequester themselves until they finish writing their novels, and they conspire together to maim each other in order to have a better story to sell about their experience.”

Comments

bearded_gnome 7 years, 1 month ago

sorry gretch...but i warned you! now, turn out the light as you go!

ms_canada 7 years, 1 month ago

Besides historical fiction, my favourite reading material has always been crime novels and especially British crime novels. One of my favourite authors is Ian Rankin and his stories of his Edinburgh Detective Inspector John Rebus are the best. Reading, at the moment, The Naming of the Dead. Action takes place in July 2005 during the G8 summit meeting of world leaders in Perthside, Scotland. Lot of demonstrations that turned nasty. Bombing in the London underground also. Good page turner of a novel.

labmonkey 7 years, 1 month ago

Just finished "Dreadnought" by Robert K. Massie, and will start its sequel "Castles of Steel" as soon as I make it to Borders.

GretchenJP 7 years, 1 month ago

HaHa, got in your head Dotlines. shudder It's scary in there.

GretchenJP 7 years, 1 month ago

DotsLines (Anonymous) says:

"Haven't taken down the Halloween stuff in there yet:" :)

Be careful who you lend your "head warehouse keys" too! :P

bearded_gnome 7 years, 1 month ago

still reading: "voyage: 1896 ..." by that actor dude sturling hayden. the book is holding my interest for the actual portions regarding the windjammer under sail, but some of it is just obviously written by an actor dude.

never had any halloween stuff up in my head...too crowded in there already.

GretchenJP 7 years, 1 month ago

kicking my boots in bearded_gnome's head AAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!! cowering in the corner rocking back and forth and trembling