Previous   Next

How long has it been since you cleaned out your refrigerator?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 30, 2007

Browse the archives

“Probably about three months. It kind of gradually cleans itself out as I run out of food and don’t buy any more.”

“I just have a little minifridge, and I try to keep the contents minimal.”

“I cleaned out my refrigerator about three days ago because I’ve had some ant problems. I had some bad grapes and a lot of condiments without any food to go with them.”

“A long time ago. I don’t even remember when. I don’t keep a lot in it though, so it’s usually not that bad.”

Comments

trinity 8 years, 2 months ago

can't afford food anymore so it stays pretty darn clean.

Bill Chapman 8 years, 2 months ago

Food has gotten to expensive to throw away just because "it's out of date" or "it smells funny". I personally have my own personal anti-biotic fungal growth in my fridge. Whenever I get a sniffle, I just mix some into whatever food I'm currently making and the sniffle goes away. I keep it fed with leftovers - it seems to like those more than new stuff. It only occasionally asks for meat so my fungal food expenses are low. It sometimes even hands me stuff from the fridge, which saves me the time of opening the door to get stuff.

Flap Doodle 8 years, 2 months ago

Gotta get one of them containment suits before I undertake that task.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 2 months ago

To gut it and wipe everything down? about 6 months ago. Why? Who wants to know?

Good one for Hannibal today!

sgtwolverine 8 years, 2 months ago

I think it's been a while. I've been too busy eating.

H_Lecter 8 years, 2 months ago

Switching from marinading to salt curing keeps the fridge much cleaner and leaves more space for side dishes.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 2 months ago

You mean refrigerators need to be cleaned? Well, I guess I needed something to do today...

Ceallach 8 years, 2 months ago

Side dishes? Hmm, reminds me, I haven't BBQ'd any ribs lately? Sounds good.

Every week or so on Wednesday evening (for the Thursday morning pick-up). Mainly those "to go" boxes, because I cannot bear to leave food at the restaurant. I prefer to bring it home, wait until it is thoroughly dried out, then throw it away :)

acg 8 years, 2 months ago

Last weekend. I actually scrubbed the whole kitchen, inside the cabinets, too. The fridge is nearly brand new though so I try to wipe it out at least weekly so it doesn't look like the one we got rid of did at the end of its life.

coolmom 8 years, 2 months ago

every two weeks i wipe it out and throw stuff away. not to much of an issue since the teenagers keep it pretty scavenged and now that school is out it wont be a problem as the food barely makes it out of the bag to the fridge.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 2 months ago

I'm becoming paranoid. Why? Because they are coming. Yep, they are. The baking soda wranglers. Yep.

Good one, Nudist! As always!

sunflower_sue 8 years, 2 months ago

for those done cleaning the frige: http://www.gamershood.com/flashgames/2902
(I have yet to figure out question #42)

acg 8 years, 2 months ago

sunny sue, your trivia game is making me insane. Some of them make no sense at all!! GRRRR!!!!