Previous   Next

What are your plans for after graduation?

Asked at Jefferson's Restaurant and on Massachusetts Street on May 21, 2007

Browse the archives

“I got a job as an architect in Chicago. I’ll be enjoying city life and getting rid of my car.”

“I’m working this summer doing tax accounting, and then I’m coming back here to get my master’s next year.”

“I plan to go back to Arizona and try to find a job. I definitely want to take a year off to work before I go back to grad school.”

“I’m moving to New York City for a job at Guess doing fashion merchandising.”

Comments

paladin 7 years, 7 months ago

No one going on active duty to Irag to help win the "War on Terror"? I wonder why?

trinity 7 years, 7 months ago

workworkwork. oh wait-it's been a long time since graduation! well that's all i've been doing. :-/

trinity 7 years, 7 months ago

off topic, if ya don't wanna read it-then please skip over:

HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY, HAWKLET21! :) may 21, 2007

Ceallach 7 years, 7 months ago

I somehow doubt that this question "was asked at Jefferson's Restaurant and on Mass Street on May 21, 2007"!!

Rest, rest, rest! I was not the graduate, but I celebrated with one :) there was constant activity from her pinning ceremony on Friday night, to her graduation and reception yesterday. Throw in a Dance Gala for my youngest G-baby on Saturday afternoon!! Great fun at all, great amounts of money and energy spent. I totally vegged out last evening so I could (alas) come back to work today.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 7 months ago

Happy Birthday Hawklet21! (Are you now Hawklet 22?)

We must divert today's topic to food. Like..."What was the yummiest grad party-fare you ate over the weekend?" For me, it was the chevre someone brought on a cheese tray. Mmmmm..... Marmot stew, perhaps?

trinity 7 years, 7 months ago

mmmmm, yummiest fare consumed over the weekend, eh? well, i didn't attend any grad party shindigs or the like, but i made that hawklet a german chocolate cake that turned out magnifique!!! :) and a fruit pizza to boot. damn i love that kid. ;)

and she's only TWENTY, i dunno where she came up with the "21" tag! wishful thinkin', hahahaaa....

Flap Doodle 7 years, 7 months ago

Travel the world in a sedan chair, dine on chicken & caviar.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 7 months ago

There's no indication of scale for the question, so I probably would have said something like "After graduation, I'm going out to dinner with my family." Because I like to be difficult like that.

Although I really can't answer this question, since I've taken only one college course in my life, so I'm nowhere near "after graduation."

Centrist 7 years, 7 months ago

Julee .... good luck in that POS city. And watch for the wolves ..

ms_canada 7 years, 7 months ago

Marion - take a peek at yesterdays question, I have left a wee note for you with a question. Thanx

Graduation, ah yes, we are heading south next Friday on a 6 hour drive to attend the graduation of our youngest grandson. That should be great. Don't see enough of him. a note about the drinking age of youth here in Alberta, the legal age is 18 and as some of the grads are under that age and one tradition here is for bush parties where a lot of booze is consumed by both legal and illegal kids, some of the parents get together and organize these bush parties, supply the booze and food, bus them to the bush and let them go to it. The school turns a blind eye as it saves lives and injuries. They call it safe grad

Centrist 7 years, 7 months ago

Whoah Ms Canada ... that's too liberal for the Hypo - Crites ... and too much like common sense and responsibility.

They'd rather shame 'em into crazy acts later on down here in the U.S. of A ...

ms_canada 7 years, 7 months ago

TOB - funny, you are so funny. yeh we have illegal alien problems too. they sneak up from Washington, Idaho, Montana. North Dakota, Minnisota, Michigan, Illinois, New York and Maine. :0) And the kids are the worst. They come up in droves from the border states for the bush parties. The secret is out. :o)

ms_canada 7 years, 7 months ago

prospector - yes siree, those yankee $$ are pretty nice and one thing about them, even this far north of the boarder, our stores will take them, which is not the case in the US farther south of the border. The stores will not take our canuck $$. In Wash. and Montana, some stores will take them.