Previous   Next

Are you excited for the KU graduation weekend?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 19, 2007

Browse the archives

“I’m excited for all of my friends who are graduating and moving on, and I’m excited for all of the graduation parties.”

“I’m excited to get out there and get some real world experience, but at the same time, I’m going to be missing KU a lot. It’s been my home for the last four years. There are a lot of memories.”

“I’m really excited, because one of my best friends is graduating. We’re going on a road trip to Arizona, and the weather is going to be great this weekend.”

“I don’t care. I’m just now a junior. I’ll probably be a little bit more excited in 2009.”

Comments

ms_canada 6 years, 11 months ago

R_I - yes sir, sounds crazy but not as crazy as opening the door to a police officer come to tell you about the accident that killed you son or daughter. Anyway, most of the kids graduating from HS are 18 yrs old and that is the legal limit here in Alberta at least. Don't know about the other provinces. I personally think it is too young and should have stayed at 21 buttttttttt, that's the way it is.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 11 months ago

ms_canada, Parents are hosting parties for underage drinkers?

sunflower_sue 6 years, 11 months ago

We will go to a HS graduation party for a niece tomorrow. Then another HS graduation party for a nephew next weekend. No college grads this year.

I'm always excited to get KU graduation over with! All those relatives/friends coming into town for graduation and parties never helps the traffic/dining situation in Lawrence. I'll just avoid Lawrence for now and look forward to it being a little "less" this summer. :)

ms_canada 6 years, 11 months ago

Yeh, I am excited about a graduation next weekend. My grandson, Tyler graduates and we are motoring down, picking up his mom in Calgary and then on to Lethbridge at the very southern edge of Alberta. It will be great, the last of the boys to graduate. I want to tell you what they do for grad here. The exercises are in the morning. Then a grand dinner and parade of grads, a dance then Safe Grad. What the heck is safe grad, you may ask. You may also have the grad custom of bush parties. That is what the kids do here. They find a place out in the country, could be a small camp grounds and they have their boozy parties that go on till dawn. Dangerous affairs they truly are. So in Lethbridge the parents get together, a few agree to supervize, get the booze, barbeques and food, rent a bus and take the kids to their bush site. The school knows about this and looks the other way. Better this way than the usual number of kids that get injured or killed. My son in law accompanied his older sons bush party a couple of years ago. He is a burly, ex hockey player and quite capable of busting up an altercation should one arise. I think this is a good idea. Anyway, I am looking forward to the trip next weekend. I hope KU grad is a great, safe affair for all.

Crossfire 6 years, 11 months ago

Now that you have finished college do the world a favor and kick back and coast for the next 50 years. Most the trouble in the world is caused by those highly motivated people who just couldn't leave well enough alone.

classclown 6 years, 11 months ago

Yes. It means they're all leaving soon. What a nice place this little town will be. Even if it is only temporary.

KsTwister 6 years, 11 months ago

This year we add another graduate, how proud can you get?!!!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 11 months ago

I'm so excited, And I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control And I think I like it.

trinity 6 years, 11 months ago

i can hardly contain myself. ;)