Previous   Next

What do you think of the overall standard of living in Lawrence?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 5, 2007

Browse the archives

“It’s at a high level. I think that the housing is way too overpriced. You pay for way more than what you get. It’s a beautiful town and I love living here, but it’s a bit pricey.”

“I don’t think there is a whole lot of money to be made here, but people still do well here because there are some nice jobs and they can work out of town.”

“I think it’s pretty high depending on what part of town you’re in. There are a lot of good, affordable places for lower-income families, which is nice.”

“I think it’s about average compared to the rest of the state and elsewhere in the world.”

Comments

jonas 8 years, 2 months ago

Well. . . WE live pretty well. Stealing. . . errr. . . hiring that Ethiopian cook was the best choice we could ever make.

blackwalnut 8 years, 2 months ago

Housing is too expensive. It is, after all, still Kansas.

jonas 8 years, 2 months ago

Man, it's a good morning when, if you HAVE to get up at 6 and take your wife to work, you at least get to hear Ice Ice Baby on the radio!

"Allright, let's get outta here.

Word to your mutha!"

Linda Aikins 8 years, 2 months ago

I haven't read about Greensburg yet. TOB? I hear there will be more today. Wonder if anything hit around Ashland.

Prospector shoots and scores!

Linda Aikins 8 years, 2 months ago

The well is gone. The town of Greensburg is gone. Oh my god.

oldfashiongirl 8 years, 2 months ago

I can't comment on the quality of life in Lawrence, for I've never been here--sure would like to though.

My heart goes out to all the families in Greensburg who lost family members and to all who lost their homes and businesses. These can be rebuilt, but your loved ones are gone forever. Since I understand that the city hall in Greensburg has been destroyed and all services have been cut off, I would like to send a donation to that town, (not thru Red Cross as they retain too much in administrative expenses and don't always use the money as it is designated). If someone knows where to send money please advise on this forum and I will check in later.

You Kansas people have suffered so much from tornadoes and the like. God bless each and every one of you.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 2 months ago

My son just called from Ashland and said they are on standby to help with search and rescue (he's a volunteer firefighter there). They are now allowed in yet but as soon as they are, he will go see what he can do. But they are again in severe weather today so they have to keep eyes on the sky as well. Devastating. Just awful.

ms_canada 8 years, 2 months ago

I am really sorry about Greensburg. But I believe that people will rally round and support them as good neighbours do. I guess it is not a good day for anyone to celebrate anything but I just want to say Happy Cinco de Mayo Day to all especially Sunny Sue and family. Can't really comment on the economy in Lawrence, soooooooo.