Previous   Next

Do you think all of Kansas University’s men’s basketball players will be back next year?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 26, 2007

Browse the archives

“No. I think we might lose one or two. I’m thinking Rush and maybe Chalmers, but he might stay one more year. It seems like they’ve gotten the most exposure.”

“Actually, I think they’ll all come back with exception of maybe Brandon Rush. He’s the question mark.”

“Yeah. I think they will. They’re going to be hungry for a national title, and I think they’re all still young enough. I don’t think they’re quite ready for the NBA.”

“I don’t think they’ll all be back. Either because they go pro or because of other circumstances.”

Comments

couranna1 7 years ago

No JLoh21 just sounds like a fool who wanted to be cool or confrontational

Confrontation 7 years ago

Sounds like JLo is a little jealous that he never made it out of high school junior varsity basketball.

JLoh21 7 years ago

Will the pros pay rush more than ku pays him?

small_fish_in_small_pond 7 years ago

Well, hopefully none of them will get into a fight, stabbing and/or shooting at some area nightclub....and then end up arrested and/or cut from the program!

Nice try but it won't happen....

BABBOY 7 years ago

Rush might go. I do not see him making a big impact until he becomes more of a scoring threat. Wright may go but he is not ready and looks way to small. None of the others are good enough at this point. But, I am a football guy so what do I know.

sunflower_sue 7 years ago

thomgreen, sign me up! I want that bench job...with the $millions, of course! :)

thomgreen 7 years ago

Out coached? You can't coach a team to make the other team miss gimme shots. They had a bad game, SIU can probably lay claim to us losing more against UCLA than UCLA can. If we would have played any other team other than SIU before the UCLA game we would have probably have won. They had a great season and you can't take anything away from that. Brandon is about the only one possibly leaving for the NBA and even he probably won't go. Anyone else would be an idiot to leave at this point. But then again, lot's of people would take getting paid millions to sit on the end of the bench.

bevy 7 years ago

Touche on the Cuba thing. Made me laugh. Did you know that Fidel Castro actually tried out as a pitcher for a US professional baseball team? Imagine how the history of this hemisphere might have changed, had he made the cut?

Boggles the mind.

couranna1 7 years ago

I fall asleep by the second inning and isn't baseball the national pastime in Cuba? haha

bevy 7 years ago

Well, Couranna, now I'm SURE you're a COMMIE (just kidding) How can you not love baseball? The rhythm of it, the music of it. The soundtrack of my childhood summers.

The sweet THWACK of a ball hitting the catcher's mitt... a cloud of dust as the runner does a diving slide into second... the rhythmic chanting of "hey batter batter batter" carried on the sweet June evening air...Denny and Denny talking us through another dismal season of Royals baseball...All that, and Chili Dogs Too!! Who could ask for more??

couranna1 7 years ago

I believe all will be back but one or two maybe not by choice. What I mean is I think two, Rush and Arthur, would leave if their draft position is high enough but5 it will not be except maybe Brandon but I think he will learn a lesson from his bro Jaron and stay.

Self haters are simply stupid and did not watch the game or understand it. He is a great coach and KU is lucky to have him

We will be there again next year and we will take the final step

Hate to see bball end as now all we have is baseball and it is the most boring sport on the planet to watch and especially to play

bobberboy 7 years ago

Dang right they will if they know what's good for um. I don't want to have to get any of them in a neck lock and then wup down on them !

Kontum1972 7 years ago

other circumstances,* mb bush/cheneys war lets see how far they can lob grenades no nba draft mb the mil draft its right around the corner folks. Quotas not being made. Its like a CD with a skip in it same old song and no big dance..lets support Special Olympics instead. OBTW, nice pearl necklace Hannah.

Gootsie 7 years ago

I think Troy the waiter nailed it. I would love to see them all return for another year of maturity. It was so hard watching that game Saturday. I was completely quiet for the last 15 minutes, and that's just unheard of for me in a game. I was tired of getting my hopes up for a good offensive play, only to have it become a turnover.

Great joke Sue!! hahaha!

sunflower_sue 7 years ago

Q: What's the difference between spinach and boogers? A: You can't get your kids to eat spinach!

Jace 7 years ago

sunflower_sue 7 years ago

I'm w/ blue...time to move on to another sport for a bit.

How do you celebrate "Spinach festival day?"

EireishHawk 7 years ago

We were out-coached. UCLA's coach adjusted his team to deal with KU's game, Self did not do the same. Hitting a wall of blue everytime we approached our goal proved to be too frustrating for our team. Maybe next year both the team and the coach will be more seasoned to the pressure of the NCAA Tournament. Note to self: if it didn't work throughout the first half, it's probably not going to work in the second half.

That said, making it to the Elite 8 is a great thing, having a bad game at that level is not a disgrace.

RonBurgandy 7 years ago

No player is ready for the NBA, but when it comes to the money, it's hard to turn down. I sure hope they all return, Rush is the biggest ? and Wright is a more distant second. I don't see Chalmers leaving, especially how he played on Sat.

jimjones 7 years ago

I'd like to see Self leave. His discipline is not effective when it counts. He's a decent recruiter, of course how hard can it be to recruit at Kansas.

sourpuss 7 years ago

Hannah Walton worries me. "Other circumstances." That is just flippin' ominous...

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 7 years ago

Today is "Spinach Festival Day"!

Unix_Admin 7 years ago

Someone has got to leave. With the two new recruits they have coming in next year, they will be over the scholorship limit. And yes, I know Matt Kleinmann will be taken off of his scholorship next year. That said, I think it will be Brandon Rush and maybe even Darrell Arthur. Niether is ready for the pro's but that dosen't mean anything.

Bone777 7 years ago

No, I think Matt Kleinmann will go pro

"in something other than basketball."

blue73harley 7 years ago

Don't care. It's time for baseball.

jonas 7 years ago

I'm thinking everyone returns. They've always acted as a team (sometimes too much so) thus far, and they are continuing to improve. I think they all know that they can only get better by sticking together.

Kuku_Kansas 7 years ago

I don't see the stock value of Brandon Rush nearly as high as the other "marquee" players around the country, particularly the 1st year college players that are only playing D-I ball, because of the NBA's 1-year-in-college-policy.

We heard all year how nobody on KU is selfish and the go-to guy. They were so team-oriented, that it was difficult to see who would step-up each game to win the close games for us.

I have a feeling everybody returns, but what the heck do I know. I'm totally guessing off my own personal hunch.