Previous   Next

What odds would you give the Jayhawks in their first-round game against Niagara today?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 16, 2007

Browse the archives

“Definitely 100-1. It’s a lock. We’re too balanced this year to make the same mistake we’ve made in the past.”

“I’ll say 75-1. We’re a pretty good team. I don’t think there is really any way we could lose in the first round.”

“Fifty to one Jayhawks. That’s my team; they’re my boys.”

“I won’t give a number, but I think the odds are pretty good. I think they’re playing with a confidence that won’t let them stumble in the first round like before.”

Comments

Bone777 7 years, 1 month ago

100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 to 1

budwhysir 7 years, 1 month ago

I actualy dont think it would be ODD if we won.

prospector 7 years, 1 month ago

R_I

Yes, think Hutchison without the flames. Oh, oh, mud geysers. Folks would pay to come see 'um.

The scofold oil company have been doing this for years. They take it out of naturally occurring underground CO² reservoirs. It is injected into the rock's pore space holding the oil,not caverns, to assist in the recovery of the oil. This is only effective with the CO² in a liquid phase, which requires 1100#PSI. That far exceeds the local pressures encounter and the conditions for cavern creation is poor in these parts. So, no reason to have to come out of the Nimby closet on this issue.

The rub is the energy to take hot flue gas, separate, refrigerate, and compress it to a liquid. Major CO² generation to get rid of one source. A Rube Goldberg solution. It will hasten the depletion of natural gas reserves and cost the consumers more for electricity and natural gas.

Answer, {whisper} permit 250 nuclear plants today.

DUCK

We could reduce vast amounts of CO² generation and extend our natural gas reserves by decades. If left up to me, I would pluto the injection idea.

Flap Doodle 7 years, 1 month ago

"What concerns me is American Electric Power proposing to capture and pump CO² into underground caverns."

That'll honk off the Mole People in a major way.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 7 years, 1 month ago

Prospector, That does not give me much concern.

What concerns me is American Electric Power proposing to capture and pump CO² into underground caverns. When CO² sublimates from within the planet mars, the explosive pockets burst suddenly and unexpectedly. One could literally have their house sitting on a landmine.

beatrice 7 years, 1 month ago

Kansas will make it to the Final Four, at the very least, since they don't face a "B" team throughout their bracket. I'll betcha a Klondike bar they win tonight.

The_Original_Bob 7 years, 1 month ago

A futurian. Fantastic. Color me tickled.

Sarge - Yes. Folks around here are unreasonably skittisch because KU lost in the 1st round the last 2 years as a 3 and 4 seed. Which isn't remotely close to the the level of competition they'll face today. Now... Sunday's game. Villanova or Kentucky.

thanksforcoming 7 years, 1 month ago

Shouldn't the historian already know the odds?

He is a historian, not a futurian.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 1 month ago

Wait, isn't Kansas a 1 seed? Isn't it true that no 16 seed has defeated a 1 seed? That being the case, I'd give Kansas very, very good odds.

Also, I was happy to see Duke lose.

prospector 7 years, 1 month ago

R-I, I hope we haven't plutoed the Purple Eagles to much, don't you?

yuck yuck

cyclelust 7 years, 1 month ago

I really hope the Jayhawks lose.

rhd99 7 years, 1 month ago

My hope is that all naysayers of KU during this post season tournament will be embarrassed after tonight. KU all the Way!

Topside 7 years, 1 month ago

PLUH-EASE what a dumb question. How about Topside's odds of gettin' Dana Miller- Message Therapists' phone number? Grrrowl!
Now there's a long shot for you.

sourpuss 7 years, 1 month ago

I think KU will win... I think they'll probably get to the Sweet Sixteen. Can't see beyond that.

I'm just happy Duke lost. I haven't liked Duke since 1987.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 1 month ago

mick, are you saying all of the Niagara players are small and fury?

mick 7 years, 1 month ago

It's like tangling with a raccoon. You go up to it and think, "Heck, I can whup that little furry thing." But when you go at it, whoa, that little thing is fighting for its life and just might beat you.

trinity 7 years, 1 month ago

no, snap, pi are round where i come from! :)

friday friday friDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY wooohooo!

lol i'd bet ya gootsie-but we're of the same mind, looks like! :-p

Gootsie 7 years, 1 month ago

What is the spread, y'all?

friday friday friDAY! friday friday friDAY! friday friday friDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twenty bucks says Niagara falls.

RonBurgandy 7 years, 1 month ago

Shouldn't the historian already know the odds?

trinity 7 years, 1 month ago

please do give evens R_I; i never could wrap my brain around all that "odds" mumbo jumbo!

i tried to type gobbledy g***&it wouldn't let me!!! hmmph!