Previous   Next

Do you plan on filling out an NCAA Tournament bracket this year?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 12, 2007

Browse the archives

“We’ve been talking about it at work, but we haven’t arranged anything yet. Of course it’s going to be KU all the way.”

“I don’t think I know enough about the tournament to fill one out, but I’ll still be following the Jayhawks.”

“Yes. I’m doing one on Facebook just for fun. I usually go by who has the higher seed, but I also look at the other teams’ players and record to see if they could pull off the upset.”

“I usually get involved in at least one pool. I think I’m pretty good at picking teams. I won the main one that I do two years ago and four years ago.”

Comments

Kuku_Kansas 7 years, 9 months ago

Absolutely!

And like Kelsey, just finished my picks on my Facebook bracket.

Sigmund 7 years, 9 months ago

It's not gambling if all the proceeds go to my favorite charity, me! Just be sure to report any winnings to the IRS, not! It's one of the few guilty pleasures that the government hasn't figured out how to tax, yet.

GO HAWKS!

Ceallach 7 years, 9 months ago

Probably not. Last year I tried to keep up with enochville and the other big dogs and did not find it to be an enjoyable experience (in other words I messed it up :) btw, what happened to enochville!!

Is it true . . . KSU wasn't invited to the big dance? Bummer!

Linda Aikins 7 years, 9 months ago

Absolutely. I do two - one from the head; one from the heart. Surprisingly enough, the heart usually wins.

Bone777 7 years, 9 months ago

• Jake Butler, KU senior, Lawrence

"Not to toot my own horn, but toot, toot, TOOT, TOOT....."

Linda Aikins 7 years, 9 months ago

R_I, go ahead and do it. We'll have an intervention later. Sue can make snacks, and Bea will pole dance for you.

jonas 7 years, 9 months ago

A river nerd is like a river god, but for the smaller, brighter streams and tributaries that, though they support the big river, never get any respect because they lack the whitewaters, rapids, and overall flash of the riverjocks.

Can't believe you've never heard of a river nerd. . .

sunflower_sue 7 years, 9 months ago

Some very few of you still have to realize that RI is mostly FOS. :) (In a good way.)

sunflower_sue 7 years, 9 months ago

A river nerd must be closely related to the "dork fish" that Jeff Foxworthy speaks of...and that my youngest apes so well. RI, when eating a corndog, do you also eat the stick? (This will settle the debate.)

acg 7 years, 9 months ago

Hehee, no matter how annoyed I am at the world I can always rely on you group of nutjobs to make me smile. I want a tshirt now that says "Save the River Nerd". :)

Ceallach 7 years, 9 months ago

Is a river nerd similar to a river gnome?

acg 7 years, 9 months ago

I think it's in the same family as the dork fish ceall.

Ceallach 7 years, 9 months ago

Thanks, acg. Add me to the t-shirt order, k?

Linda Aikins 7 years, 9 months ago

Me too. I want an offsetting color for my pocket protector though.

Flap Doodle 7 years, 9 months ago

The river nerd is a deadly enemy of the prairie squid.

bevy 7 years, 9 months ago

I think the river nerd is right up the food chain from the SNIPE.

Ceallach 7 years, 9 months ago

Geez, he's only a kid . . give him a break. If I ever pick the winning teams I will tell anyone who will listen AND type it out for all y'all on the OTS . . and he did it twice. Good job, Jake!

Ceallach 7 years, 9 months ago

Oh no!!! Has Mr R rekindled the age old fued between river nerd lovers and prairie squid lovers!!! Just when we thought all of that was behind us. This could get bad.

oldfashiongirl 7 years, 9 months ago

Hi ya'll,

I watched the KU and Texas game yesterday and was a nervous wreck till KU finally pulled up and made the win. I think that game could rival any final NCAA playoff game. Too back that State was not invited to the tourney.

On closer looking at the brackets, I see that Kansas will be playing either Fla A&M or Niagara. I also note my beloved Un of Ky will play Villanova also on Friday and if they both win, then they'll playoff against each other. I have no doubt about Kansas winning their first, but kinda iffy if UK can beat Villlanova. MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN!! Wish they could play in St. Louis, as we could all go to that one.

Mike Blur 7 years, 9 months ago

Next year, and maybe in future years to come, there will be NCAA tourney games at that new Sprint Center in KCMO. That would be a blast!

I have actually seen NCAA tournament games at Allen Field House. In fact, I think yesterday was the 28th anniversary of Larry Bird and Indiana State playing at AFH!

I'm spending as much time as I can between now and then filling out brackets all over the net.

Grundoon Luna 7 years, 9 months ago

You can have your nerds and your dorks, but watch out for the geeks!!!! The valley geek, swamp geek, harbor geek - on the East Coast that would be hah-bah geek - and the elusive burrowing geek. They are not as well tempered and would eat the nerd and dork for lunch. Make a good mess of your plesurable outing as well should you run across one, or even worse, a mob of geeks!! Oh, the humanity!!!!

Brackets? We don't need no stinkin' brackets! Just cocktails, HD and the rowdy bunch to scream at the TV with and it's fun fun, fun. Ah, good times