Previous   Next

What is the last thing you did to help someone in need?

Browse the archives

“Last Christmas I helped out at LINK with a couple of buddies as part of our Bible study class.”

“I always try to give money to people in need, whether it be on the street or during the holidays.”

“The last thing I did was give a little kid a dollar in quarters to ride the carousel at the Antique Mall.”

“I donate canned foods at concerts. They let you bring some canned food or pay a cover, but it all goes to charity.”

“At Wakarusa Fest last weekend, we gave some hippies a ride to where they needed to go.”

“I gave a homeless guy who was trying to get to Colorado $5 when I was downtown. It felt pretty good.”

“Over spring break, I did a three-day project where we slept outside in tents and volunteered helping the homeless at the Salvation Army and other organizations. At the end, we attended a Planning Commission meeting on the Lawrence Community Shelter renewal.”

“I helped a younger student with some personal problems she’d been having, because I could relate to her problems from my experiences when I was her age.”

Comments

Kat Christian 7 years, 6 months ago

I left canned foods out for the postal person to pickup for their drive.

preebo 7 years, 6 months ago

We donated all of our kids old toys to the Salvation Army last weekend.

Confrontation 7 years, 6 months ago

I called the cops after watching someone hit another person's vehicle and drive away. I got their license plate # and county. I'd love to be there when they get that visit from the cops :) Dillons' parking lot is scary.

Crispian Paul 7 years, 6 months ago

I took care of my friend's toads and cat when she had to go out of town.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 6 months ago

Someone needed a bowl about an hour ago, so I got them one.

Kam_Fong_as_Chin_Ho 7 years, 6 months ago

I'm concerned about Miles' response. Any homeless person who takes $5 from a 12 year old kid should be ashamed of himself.

Ken Miller 7 years, 6 months ago

I cleaned up my cat's puke so my wife and daughter didn't have to.

Flap Doodle 7 years, 6 months ago

I warned a homeless person not to let anyone use his name to open a straw-man bank account.

trinity 7 years, 6 months ago

bowl of WHAT, sue?? :-o

lemme see...i'm one of your drivers who'll hang out&let somebody in front of me, in heavy congested traffic. oh-and i found my boyfriend a copy of the movie "the jerk"!!! :) he was one happy fella! :)

Crossfire 7 years, 6 months ago

I found some canned food setting by the mail box. ...got some cool toys from the Salvation army. ...Bumped a car at Dillon's but I got away. Toad and M-80...nuf-said. Thanks for the bowl full...might soulful. Got a fiver...hew-ya. Gave a cat ipecac. Got a break in traffic. Thanks everyone.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 7 years, 6 months ago

Late last week, I bought -Dave the guitar guy- a beer at Vermont Street BBQ.

angel 7 years, 6 months ago

Could i write Spanish? I think so... (I am spanish, but i read daily LJWorld. I like t very much). Maybe my comments will help someone to improve their Spanish...

La ðltima vez que yo ayude a alguien fue saliendo de un centro comercial en coche. Delante de mÃ- una chica no era capaz de subir la cuesta del parking. Constantemente se le paraba el coche (se le ahogaba, decimos en español). AsÃ- que me pidió si, por favor, yo podÃ-a sacar el coche de aquella cuesta en su lugar. Lo cierto es que su coche no tenÃ-a buena mecánica y sólo pude sacarlo de allÃ- frenando y acelerando a la vez para, una vez que el coche alcanzase un nivel de revoluciones adecuado, soltar el embrague y salir pitando...

Signatura: Angel, from Spain!

coolmom 7 years, 6 months ago

i am adopting a teen from a really awful life and i havent sold the children to the gypsys. i feed the neighbors cats when they go out of town and i dont really like cats. i have found my sons pet lizard running free 14 times this summer and returned him to his cage without damage to either of us.